Cruisers now or wait?

Scally

Reaction score
My LO has started walking, she is still mainly crawling, but is choosing to do independent steps and also demands i hold her hand and we walk around and around and around the house! lol
She also wants to walk a lot when we go out, holding onto one of my hands. At the moment she does this just in tights/socks but we'd obviously prefer her to wear some sort of shoe when we r out.
I am torn with wanting to get her cruisers for walking outside and i have heard it can help their walking, to not wanting to start parting with the cash already and hearing that bare feet is best.
What did u do? what do u think? x

I didnt have shoes on my LOs until they were up on their feet for at least 6 weeks or so. My son was 18 months when he got his first shoes.

I didnt allow my LOs to walk outside when they could only just do a few odd steps, indoors is best and it saved having to buy shoes! I wouldnt buy them shoes until they are confident walking independently for at least 6 wks or so, which could be months away for your LO - keep your money til they need shoes as they can cost a lot!

I didnt buy shoes for DD until she could walk outdoors confidently on her own.

I bought cruisers when she was walking holding one hand outside as I didn't want her standing in glass etc, she did this for a couple of months. Bare feet indoors.

The longer without shoes the better in terms of development (and cost!)

The little leather soled 'slippers'/mocc-ons are good for outside.

We've also bought some soft snow booties from h&m for £5 for it it gets really cold.

https://tablet.hm.com/gb/product/00714#article=00714-D

Weirdly calked Slipper socks under kids/accessories

Thank you bean66- they are gorgeous!
She is doing so well with her walking- doing it more and more and zooming round with one hand.
I'll definitely get some of those for walking around outside, and keep socked feet inside for a while- thank you for your advice ladies- didn't think i would be thinking about walking/shoes this early on- my first didnt walk until she was 17 months

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->