cry/moan/question!!!

Nemo and bump

mummy of 1 daughter
Reaction score
hi all,
during my pregnancy i gained three and a half stone. since having my daughter i have really struggled to lose weight. i've been eating fairly healthy and have been making concious choices about what i eat. i have also been doing ligt exercise...i cant do too much as i'm still getting alot of sciatic pain...which i know is from carrying the extra weight.
i'm getting married next year and wont even start looking for a dress until i shift weight. i've tried lowering calorie intake eating fresh food. i dont drink things like fizzy or eat fried food anyway so thats not an issue. its just the weight doesnt want to shift. i'm still exactly the same weight i was the day i came out of hospital!!!:cry: i hate the way i am i've become quite recluse because of it because i just feel horrid, which doesn't help because when i feel down i like to comfort eat.

Anyway, have any of you had any experience with meal replacement diets? the ones like slim fast or celebrity slim? i was thinking about it as my next step, i know it costs money but if it works then i might try it.
thanks and sorry for the rant!

xoxo

i am on a meal replacement diet hun but you can only do the one i am on with a certain amount to lose. im on the cambridge diet and it is really hard going to begin with but quick loss so i feel more motivated to stick with it almost 6 stone in 20 weeks

not to sure about the celebrity slim one as havent really heard much about it.

sorry its really getting u down hun

Lou
xxx

i am on a meal replacement diet hun but you can only do the one i am on with a certain amount to lose. im on the cambridge diet and it is really hard going to begin with but quick loss so i feel more motivated to stick with it almost 6 stone in 20 weeks

not to sure about the celebrity slim one as havent really heard much about it.

sorry its really getting u down hun

Lou
xxx

where do you get the cambridge diet shakes etc from? trying to work out cost for different diets

xoxo

before i was pregnant i did the slim fast diet,which i loved
the chocolate milkshakes are delicious
i had milkshake for breakfast small fruit salad mid morning another shake at lunch
small fruit salad in the afternoon then healthy meal for dinner .
if i was nt brastfeeding i would happily be doing that diet

I am the same hun, i will quite happily admit i have put on far more than i wanted too .. i have about 2half stone to get to pre pregnancy weight and i would like to lose another 2stone just to be at my skinniest really .. high hopes .... I find those diets so expensive but i would really love to do them, i am currently on Slim fast ...just to let you know that there tins are about 2.35 in tescos so about half price .... so worth stocking up on I reckon x

I am the same hun, i will quite happily admit i have put on far more than i wanted too .. i have about 2half stone to get to pre pregnancy weight and i would like to lose another 2stone just to be at my skinniest really .. high hopes .... I find those diets so expensive but i would really love to do them, i am currently on Slim fast ...just to let you know that there tins are about 2.35 in tescos so about half price .... so worth stocking up on I reckon x

The problem with meal replacment diets is that when you stop it you are more than likely to put it all back on when you come of them.

The problem with meal replacment diets is that when you stop it you are more than likely to put it all back on when you come of them.

from what i see from the cambridge diet you start on shakes and as the process goes along you gradually introduce food...is that right anyone?
just got to persuade oh to let me do it as its more of a money issue but my theory is well we spend a lot more on food each week

xoxo

Before you splash out on a new product, can I ask if you have tried keeping a food journal? I find that I need to do this every once in awhile to keep myself aware of what a proper portion actually looks like and to realize just how many calories I actually am consuming. It's usually a lot more than you realize!
I had a lot of success with a diet plan from the Heart and Stroke Foundation called the GI Diet. The basic premise is to choose your calories carefully and that they need to not only be nutritious, but also low on the glycemic index. Just by replacing white bread and pasta with whole grain versions, for example, your body has to work a lot harder to digest those foods and so keeps you feeling full longer and helping to quell the "snacking" feeling.
Don't despair! You'll shift the weight!

i've tried switching alteratives and keeping a diary and even taking pictures of my food. i've tried lower calories and weight watchers and i shift a few pound but then nothing. as i said i am limited with exercise so feel my best option is a meal replacement system

xoxo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->