Crying during feeds? Reflux? Natural cures please

jkbmah

Preggers with #2
Reaction score
Hi all,

My dd2 is one a
Most 7 weeks and BF is going well, considering I couldn't do it all last last time. However she does seem to have very fussy mornings whereby she seems ravenous but screams on the breast so ends up having tiny bits all morning. By afternoon she is usually settled and feeds are much better and less frequent, a little fussy in the evening ( though nowhere near as bad as mornings).

She will have about 2 large vomits per day (normally morning and evening) these do come out with some force and she is usually much better afterwards.

To me this does point to reflux of some kind, we had similar with dd1 and she went on gaviscon but needed lactulose as well for the constipation it caused. So I am reluctant to go I down this route again as dd1 is still on meds for constipation now at 3.5 years.

Are there any natural cures/thoughts out there apart from the usual keeping her upright etc. or should I I just be waiting it out as it will get better at 3 months ish???

I suspect my DD2 has a bit of reflux due to her fussing, grunting, hiccupping and spitting up between feeds. She also has fussy times at the breast occasionally as you describe, I am not sure if this is down to reflux, growth spurt or she is being fussy about the flow though.

Do you have a fast letdown?

I mentioned reflux to HV and she recommended to just wait it out if poss to save medicating. Apart from keeping her upright, raising head of the cot w have found a dummy helps (stimulates saliva to neutralise acid) and letting her sleep on her side when supervised or in my wrap helps :thumbup:

My dd had really bad reflux when she was very young. Dr put her on zantac and she was a new baby! She still spit up but it didn't seem to cause her discomfort anymore. It didn't cause any constipation or anything though, and we stopped the zantac when she was a little older, I can't remember how old, maybe like 9 months? And she doesn't have any issues now, I think she just grew out of it.

My little guy is 8 weeks old and is having this problem as well. I read that it can be that your let down is too fast or too slow, or he needs to be burped between breasts. He actually hasn't done it in a good few days. I will add that he also has a milk allergy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->