C's Christmas Journal

c1403

Reaction score
I'm quite a regular on the grotto but have never done a journal so here's my first one now birthday week is almost over..

Firstly to introduce myself. I'm c1403. Mummy to two beautiful girls M age 6 and V age 4 (both have just had their birthdays).
Live with DH, DDs and a cat.
Extended family include mum, dad, sister and grandparents. We don't have anything to do with DHs parents although he does have 5 brothers and 4 neices/nephews. I only buy for the children and it's usually very minimal as we do not see them often at all.

Most Christmases I got OTT and get way to much, so do my mum and sister then I spend all new years finding new homes for everything. This year I'm hoping to cut back so we don't have so much and just have a few nice toys the girls will love and appreciate.

Christmas this year will be at home as always, we always visit Santa. Last year we did a train ride, not sure this year.
Boxing Day DH is working so I'm going to drive to London to see my parents (1 hour away) for a day or two.

Not big on new years, it's depressing.

What else.....we do Christmas Eve boxes, Dec 1st box and usual Christmas dinner.

Will come back later today/tomorrow with my lists :)

Lists so far (will try to stick to this). I've added three 'play' items as I know I won't stick to just one.

M
Want:
Wear: Dressing up costume
Play: Junior Monolopy
Play 2: Playmobil fashion boutique
Play 3:
Need:
Read:

V
Want:
Wear: Dressing up costume
Play: Money match cafe
Play 2: wooden food set
Play 3:
Need:
Read: The shopping basket

Sack/Stockings
Art set
Colour in teddy
Mermaid hairband
Mermaid bunting
Pencil case
Hair accessories
Kids jewellery
Water bottle
Porcelain tea set

DH-

Mum-

Dad -Dockyard gin/vodka hamper?

Sister-

Nans x2-

Following, I really like the idea of want need play read my boys have soooo much stuff they don't use and I don't want to do the same with DD x

Not really much to update. Was hoping to start thinking about Christmas but I have a £300 car repair! :-(

Oh no! Bloody cars. They're so expensive :(

Today I got
DD1 Junior Monoloply
DD2 Mouse Trap.

i always wanted mousetrap and never got it :haha: may need to get DD it so that i can finally play it lol!

wondering if your 4 year old V is the same name as my 4 year old V! :)

I never got mouse trap either. I had to play it at friends houses :haha:

i always wanted mousetrap and never got it :haha: may need to get DD it so that i can finally play it lol!

wondering if your 4 year old V is the same name as my 4 year old V! :)

V as in the colour/flower X

Ooh that's good! The old one seemed like we took more time setting it up than actually playing it :haha:

Great lists !

We are getting DD1 Mouse Trap because I loved it as a kid ! It’s such a good family game !

Smyths toy catalogue came today. Was having a browse and they have the LOl house in there, so I’ve ripped that page out and thrown it away before DDs see it. Bad I know but I can’t justify £180 on a doll house!

We got a catalogue too, but I think DD knows there's no way we're considering getting the house 😂 I was reading on Facebook a lady that bought it for her daughter and once they'd set it up it was damaged in so many different places!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->