CSA - Quick Q

Stef

Mummy to Olivia & PG #2
Reaction score
I appologise if this is in the wrong section, just wasnt too sure where it was best off so if you feel it should be moved thats fine...

As you all know Chris has another daughter, to his ex. He pays his maintence and always has since they broke up. We both strongly agree that you should pay for your children...

But...

...Many of you know that Chris and I are getting married later this year, although we have decedied that we arent going to have our ordinary current accounts as a joint account, I was wondering if then they would start to take money off me too... For a child thats not even mine.

Do they then work out the calculations from a joint income? If so any one have any ida why some one else has to pay for a child that isnt theirs. I earn less than Chris any way by about 8k as im part time... We live comfortably now but i was just thinking of they did it on a joint payment it would leave us pretty poor to be honest until the loans repaid. Its not going to stop us getting married, but i'd find it so unfair. Shes already scum of the earth on all the bloody benefits she can be on and kids to tom dick and harry.

Any info is very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

x

Ive managed to find it on the net and answered by own question really but im gona post my findings, just because I think its quite interesting and may be useful to some others on the forum

Partner’s income
The income of any partner living with the parent is
excluded from the calculation of net income. A partner’s
income is taken into account only to determine whether
she can cover half the costs of her own children (see
pages 33 to 35), or in protected income (see pages 52 to
57) to establish whether maintenance payable by the nonresident
parent should be reduced to safeguard his
second family’s income. If a non-resident parent prefers
not to disclose his partner’s income, the assessment will
assume that the partner can meet half the cost of any
children she shares with the non-resident parent, and that
the second family does not need to benefit from protected
income.

Thanks any ways

xx

funny u shud ask.. cos i got a letter thro 2day from them.. based on my new earnings(craig moved in in january) and we are now not entitled to any csa payments.. bearing in mind he only paid £5... an that was onyl he once!!!

craig earns about £6k a year and me about £8k...

so i think ur earning will be taken into consideration hun x

Surely that cant be right...

I have just got that info for their website on a PDF about partners of the non residing parent (which is Chris)

Chris pays each month, much more than £5 a week I may add so I just cant understand why you wouldnt be entitled to CSA payments. They can only make him exempt of paying under exceptional circumstances, for example your ex havng no disposable income.

x

the csa never cease to amaze me tbh, darren doesnt work, so thats why his pament scale is so low, i just dont see the point in fighting for a mesely £5 tbh!

:hugs:

I do agree its pretty crap though hun. Like I said I agree strongly that you should support your children financially. I know in some cases like ours the money isnt actually dosent go on the child unfortuntely but she is never with out anything when she comes to us. She has toys & clothes and other things we keep at our house for her and then there are people like you who think the world of your children and would use the money for what its there for. I often think this goverment and the CSA (goverment ran) is just set up for scum bags. Really feel for you.

x

funny wen u see things both ways sometimes eh :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"