• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Csection Hospital bag.....What to pack?

KellyC75

Mum of 4 <3
Reaction score
Just wondering what you Girls did/have packed in your hospital bags? :shrug:

Im looking for inspiration, as I really should get this done soon! :winkwink:

Aww exciting times! I had:
Baby blankets
Nappies
Bum cream
Wipes
Vests
Babygros
Hats &mitts
Going home outfit
Towel x2 for me
Shower products
Dry shampoo (godsend as I have long thick hair I didn't want to be blowdrying post-op!)
Breastpads
Big knickers!
Maternity pads
Nursing bras
Pajamas and spares
Kindle
Mobile phone charger

That's all I can think of for now! Good luck with delivery, let us know how you get on :happydance: x
Loose cash (which I didn't spend)

I packed some plastic bags to put my dirty stuff in
and also needed to send DH to get more big knickers for me as i didnt pack enough
Lip balm
Boiled Sweets :)

I have my bag packs which was basically ready for an overnight stay. I am gonna pack another bag to leve at home with more of everything that my OH can bring into me and I will swAp out dirty stuff for new and then I'm not gonna have a huge bag in with me as I know there is always a lack of room in the hospitals x

Thanks Girls ~ I really needed this to help get my butt into gear & pack my bag :winkwink:

Keep the lists & ideas coming please :flower:

I packed some plastic bags to put my dirty stuff in

Great tip :thumbup:

one thing many new moms dont think about is what type of underwear to pack. make sure you take some granny panties. if you have a c section, anything other than those will fall onto and rub against your incision

Another vote for huge pants! I didn't have any that came above my scar and it was so sore! Big pants are the best!

One thing I would add is talc. I found it useful because of the amount of sweating!
Also things to stop you getting constipated like figs, raisins, prunes etc.
Comfy trousers that go above your scar.
Your own pillow from home (hospital ones can be a bit crinkly and don't smell of home!).
Nipple cream (if you plan to breastfeed).
Snacks for in the middle of the night (I remember snacking on biccies at 2am because I was starving and awake and couldn't wait until breakfast).
Hairbrush! Nearly forgot mine.
Camera & spare batteries.

^^ i took my own Pillow made it much nicer :D And definitely agree with the snack food too!

Also remember to get your OH to unpack your bag after your section so that everything is within arms reach when you can't get out of bed. My hubby went home and I couldn't get to my bag, had to keep calling a nurse. :haha:

Great ideas Girls ~ Thankyou :flower:

Also remember to get your OH to unpack your bag after your section so that everything is within arms reach when you can't get out of bed. My hubby went home and I couldn't get to my bag, had to keep calling a nurse. :haha:

This is a fantastic tip ~ :thumbup:

My DH wasnt around when I got up & took my 'first steps'....blood then gushed & I couldnt get to my sanitry towels, it was highly embarassing & frustrating :blush:

I second this! I tried to put the stuff I knew I'd need quickly in a bag hooked over the side of the bedside table/back of bed. In the early days it was the midwives/my OH who changed the baby's nappy/clothes so I knew that wasn't so much of a problem.

I have been thinking about my hospital bags today and feel I need to hire a removal van if I actually take everything on my list lol. Im going to pack for 24hrs and then do 2 more plastic bags so that hubby can bring fresh stuff in every morning, the bags will then go home with all the dirty bits in (no doubt for me to wash once I get there lol)

I am hoping to go & buy all my bits tommorow ~ So any last minute list advice please :flower:

Hehe procrastination!!

Here's my list:

info from dr
meds (my mom said the hospital will just give me whatever meds I normally take, but at least this way I won't have to remember the exact dosage and can just show them when they ask)
robe
slippers
laptop (for keeping up on BnB!)
reading material
cell phone and charger
purse
body wash
loofah
razor
shampoo (I want to try dry shampoo!! but I have no idea where to get it in the states)
comb
brush
bobby pins
hair ties (yes a lot of items devoted to my hair, but it's long and I don't want to look like a cavewoman when visitors come!)
deodorant
toothbrush
toothpaste
floss
big granny undies (haha it's so true!)
socks
t-shirt
comfy pants
bra (the biggest I have and it still won't be big enough but oh well)
baby outfit
baby blanket
carseat (already in the car but I'm sure people have forgotten it)
pillow
baby book (for details I won't remember later and baby's footprints)
notebook and pen
name book (we're still not completely sure)

I won't be needing anything for the baby as far as formula or bottles or diapers, since our hospital provides everything baby needs until you go home. Same goes for sanitary pads.
And I probably won't bring any food. My dr probably won't let me eat real food until the day I'm leaving. ARGH. I hear she's been getting a little more lax on that lately, but when I was in before, I had nothing for the first day, soft foods the second, and only on the third day did I get an actual meal.

Take a few nightdresses, definetely dressing gown and slippers. I was in 4 days, and didn't get properly dressed the whole time. Leggings were a godsend as I could pull them above the wound where jeans/trousers would of sat on it. x

I swelled up after having my son. I couldn't wear anything I packed. I left in my slippers and my dad had to go to walmart to buy me xtra large pj pants. My son had complications at birth, and I stayed in one hospital for 2 days alone. I spent the next 3 at his hospital in slippers and pj pants, lol.

Well, a few hours after my section, the nurses would only let me eat crackers (even though I wanted a hoagie). Oh, and apple juice--since they let you drink that but sometimes take forever to bring it. I'd pack all different kinds of yummy crackers, b/c they let me eat whatever kind I brought!

I loved having the catheter in because I could drink as much as I wanted, without having to run to the bathroom. Never felt it go in (b/c I was numb) and I was SO SO scared to get it taken out, but it did not hurt at all:)

I would pack everything needed for your stay (there's a sticky in third trimester) and some things that I could not have done without were:

--crackers
--apple juice
--my own pillows
--my own blankets
--slippers
--fuzzy socks
--loose t-shirts
--loose (like xx large) flannel night shirts
--a soft, thick robe (for when visitors came and I had to go to the bathroom)
--my computer (with my wifi)--The reason was because I was not able to lift my son. My husband had to go home at night, so I was just alone in the room unfortunately WIDE awake with nothing to do. It was great to be able to chat with people on Facebook, and write emails, etc.
--reading material--books, magazines, etc.
--my cell phone

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->