Cure for extreme tiredness?

aimee-lou

Totally Outnumbered!!
Reaction score
Does anyone know a non-caffeineous cure for sleep deprivation. My breakfast appears to have worn off and it's only 9am (been up since 4.45 with Eddy - only got about 4.5 hours sleep last night thanks to early start and a slight case of pregnancy insomnia). He's had a nap since but no such luxury for us grown ups. Can feel my energy levels dropping and my reaction times and patience for things slipping away. I'm thinking that when Eddy has his 'proper' nap later on (due between 10 and 11) I'll have a lie down while Earl watches a film, but I've got to do all day on my own as hubby is a work and would rather not have the§ full 9-10 hours left of the day be one long stressy horrible mess.

Thanks in advance ladies. xx

I wish there was a cure! Sounds like it might be a long day for you, you will feel better if you manage to have a lie down soon when lo naps.

I'm feeling the same today, I've been suffering with bad 24/7 ms for 2 weeks now & it's really taking it's toll. I was hoping to rest a bit today when Ihsan was at nursery this morning (he only goes 2 mornings) but he came down with something yesterday and was up most of the night with a cough and runny nose/temp so he is home with me. DH is away on a business trip & won't be back for over a week. zzzzzz!

xx

Metatone tonic is safe in pregnancy - its basically a mix of vitamins which can help.

Or failing that caffeine lol thats the only thing I can think of x

Thanks both. It's days like today that 2 cups of tea just aren't going to hack it....and now I'm getting a toothache! :cry:

On the plus side I'm gradually working through my jobs, it's sunny out (got to go shopping this afternoon too....not like I can just veg!) and I have got a few phone calls to make and some paperwork to do, but hubby is off tomorrow so should be able to sneak in a proper nap tomorrow.

I've already had 1 minor breakdown because Eddy wouldn't let go of my leg and Earl needed me upstairs........arghhhhhh roll on 7pm!

eddjanuary10 - congratulations btw. Not had chance to say so before :thumbup:

That's rubbish your getting toothache as well :/ maybe having a few things to do will keep your mind off feeling tired and bring bedtime on quicker, if not hope you feel more rested tomorrow x

Eta- congrats to you too if I didn't already. Xx

Magnesium, vit b complex and zinc seem to have given me a little bit more energy to get through the worst days. Light exercise too will help, though i can never face it if im cream crackered. Meeting with other mums/friends will give you a rest and a lift too if there are any available.
Sending hugs. People randomly say, 'before you know it theyll be off to school' and i think, ok, but how can i shorten the next 9 hours ha ha.

Oh hun I don't think you can cure tiredness in pregnancy bless you :haha::hugs:

Although something which really helped me, and is v v boring, but cutting out sugar. I randomly got gestational diabetes with Bea and ate a really low sugar diet and once I had adjusted I had loads more energy.

I'm doing it again now actually and am much more energised even with no caffeine. I can definitely notice how tired I get after eating something really sugary.

So yeah, super boring answer sorry but something you may want to try :)

I've just had to buck up to be honest lol. I've been drinking loads and eating little and often and trying to keep a little bit busy so the time goes. So far we've missed the bus twice lol :haha: It will be 6pm before I know it I suppose (start of bedtime lol) and then I have visions of hubby finding me snoring when he gets home about 8 lol.

TBH, it's just the shock of this one night - seriously it's 2pm and it feels like it's tea time! lol I'm normally full of energy but that seemed to run out sometime around 8.30am! lol :blush:

Have you had your iron levels checked? Maybe being pregnant has made you a little anemic. Or maybe it's just the everyday non stop life of having kids! Hope you get some good sleep tonight.

Aww hon, remember how bad when I was pg with Alex and just had one.... Can't imagine doing it with two.... ,(-although I want to)

I found getting out and fresh air was a real energy booster..... Really hard to do it in the first place, but once I did, I felt much better.
Xx

Made it! 7.15, 1 asleep and the other just up to bed after building a considerable sized tower out of duplo lol. :haha:

I've got to call the emergency dentist tomorrow as this toothache flare up is terrible too so that's not helping but we did manage to go for a very civilised sausage roll at greggs before getting the shopping for tonight's tea (when we eventually got the bus! lol). Eddy ate virtually all of my Egg custard tart - I only got 1 bite! :wacko:

mj2004 - I usually do get aneamia but this time it hasn't reared it's ugly head..... yet. I had a full bloodwork done 2 weeks ago but haven't heard anything. Normally they would ring me to get my onto iron if I was runing below 110 - obviously not but may be worth me asking for iron count to be put onto my next thyroid check which is next week. :thumbup:

jaybee - Having 2 isn't that much different, apart from the fact that you have 2 little voices shouting after you lol. I'm actually doing better this time than I did when I was carrying Eddy (not working so do actually get a chance for a rest etc when I REALLY need it). Does a 3rd look likely for you?

Anyway - washing up, cook tea for me and hubby when he gets home (omelettes lol) and then bed by 9 I reckon lol. :thumbup: G'night all and thanks for helping me get through today :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->