curious: how often now days are twins missed on scans.

princessatmey

due 26/01/13
Reaction score
hi am just wundering if twins can be missed on us.am 16 weeks with 3rd preg an i had scan 10+1 an 12+2 (only 1 baby seen). I nver had ms with prev pregs but had bad tht lost 1kg since weeks. I am so exhausted an heartburns kicked in n gettin worse this last 3 weeks, headaches more frequent to but no bad yet. I swear i felt movement at 8weeks. An cnstant last few weeks (not very strong). My scans keep sayin diff dates eg my 12+2 acording 10+1 weeks scan shulda been 12weeks exact. i saw consult at 14+3 an listned bubs heart beat and shes put uterus mesuring above gest age. She seemed have fingesa at bellybutton an above?. My mum was wi me an said u sure only 1 as her 3rd preg was twins (me an my bro). I just feel so weird this preg. if its twins i shud hopefully no before birth as am gettin 3 scans on top 20wk one.

It's near on impossible to miss twins on a 12 week scan Hun. Im a sonographer and can't imagine how a qualified sonographer could miss twins at 12 weeks.
A few days plus or minus in age on scans is of no importance. Just stick with your LMP dates or dating scan dates, whichever they said to go by.

First of all, it is SO hard to read your message with letters missing like that and just the spelling in general.
I hard a hard time reading until the end and understanding anything.

You'd see a twin at a 10 week scan. Each pregnancy is different and progresses at a different rate. A 2-3 difference at a scan doesn't mean much, babies grow as they please.

Movement is no sure sign of twins, I still haven't felt anything more than a fluttering. All the pregnancy symptoms very from one pregnancy to another however my symptoms have been nowhere near as bad as many of my friends carrying singletons.

My twins could be spotted clear as day at my six week scan. Since then I've had 4 others and no way could they be missed this late in the game. I also was hardly sick at all, even though I'm carrying two. I think you are prob reading too much into it. :flower:

It took the doctor a split second into the scan to say there were 2 babies, not sure if that is everyone's case (at 7 weeks). As for movements I really thought I would feel them sooner, being 2 of them, but not until 20 weeks, I do have 2 anterior placentas though.

Oh yeah, I'm also not feeling much of anything yet at nearly 19 weeks. :shrug: I just had a scan last week though, and they were moving like crazy, but hardly anything I've felt yet.

My parents knew they were having twins, but my brother took up so much room, I could hardly be seen! No one knew if I was a boy or a girl until I was born. Of course, that was back in 1986, so technology has changed ;)

Pretty hard to miss twins by then. I'm also expecting my third and it's the first pregnsncg that I suffered awful ms. I was never sick once with either of my daughters.

I also felt flutters from very early on and already looked over 20 weeks pregnant by 12 weeks. Now at 22 weeks I look like I'm nearing my due date! Haha.

Remember that just because it's your third and your body has done it all before, it doesn't mean it's going to react the same way to a pregnancy. Each pregnsncy is totally new to your body and so the way your body reacts will be totally different. Hence experiencing ms this time around etc.

I really would just concentrate on the one baby you have in there. Any qualified sonographer wphld have picked up on twins. And even in the very very rare cases where this happens, it's usually down to lack of scans and like I said extremely rare.

Congrats on your baby though!

X

We saw our twins at 6.5 weeks and there was no missing them at each scan after that.
I'm pregnant again after twins and had 2 early scans which showed a single baby, I was measuring above my belly button at 16 weeks but the thought of twins never really crossed my mind because I know they would be so hard to miss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->