Currently on CD4. What is this?

mumofwon

Reaction score
So as the title says, i'm on CD4 after an out of sync, whacky 17 day cycle.

I started testing early and continued, as I kept on seeing really really faint lines on all my tests. I decided to order two frer's and they came yesterday.

I must state that on CD 17, 5DO I got what I assumed to be aunt flo. I thought it was strange that it came so early, as normally my cycles last 24-30 days (FF stats).

I got a static smiley on CD 11 (yes very early I know). BD occured on CD12 (am) (twice). Ignoring the bleed, I would be 9DPO today.

I took the first frer yesterday and saw 'something', but couldnt be bothered with squinting, as I didnt want line-eye. At this point in time, I was seeing shadowy lines on all 4 different brands of tests (cheapies, frer, etc).

I took a frer with fmu today and thought "here we go again with the faint lines". Except, this line was more prominent. I noticed that these shadowy lines are in fact getting darker, yet not to the point whereby I can be sure.

I've enclosed two pictures of the same test. One inverted, the other an original.

How can the lines be getting darker when i'm on aunt flo? Is the line an indent/evap? The line has a hue of pink to it. Do indent/evaps show up on negative images? :wacko:

What does this all mean?

Help lol :wacko:

Attachments

• 20171026_103244_opt.jpg
    20171026_103244_opt.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 121
  • Negative Image_1509010406382_opt.jpg
    Negative Image_1509010406382_opt.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 51
if you on af now looks like it could have been a chemical pregnancy:hugs:

if you on af now looks like it could have been a chemical pregnancy:hugs:

Hey,

Do tests usually get darker with a chemical pregnancy? Is there normally progression? I've watched it fade in since I begun testing.

Too me that looks the start of a bfp and the bleeding your having now could be delayed implantation bleeding with my 2nd son Preston I got bfp on 8dpo and started bleeding around 12 dpo so it is possible good luck xx

Too me that looks the start of a bfp and the bleeding your having now could be delayed implantation bleeding with my 2nd son Preston I got bfp on 8dpo and started bleeding around 12 dpo so it is possible good luck xx

No! Dont say that! I'll get beyond myself with excitement LOL. :haha:

Trying to stay calm and reasoned.:coffee:

I've attached another picture that actually picks up the line in both the invert/original.

Why would I get this with fmu? And there's progression. I'm baffled. :wacko:

Attachments

• rsz_negative_image_1509042004213.jpg
    rsz_negative_image_1509042004213.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 23
  • rsz_20171026_1032442.jpg
    rsz_20171026_1032442.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 72
I too would be inclined to say start of bfp. Is your 'af' sake as usual? Could very well b implantation bleed. Sure you will know soon enough.. welcome to the waiting game! The worst one haha x

I too would be inclined to say start of bfp. Is your 'af' sake as usual? Could very well b implantation bleed. Sure you will know soon enough.. welcome to the waiting game! The worst one haha x

Hey,

No it wasnt usual at all. It started off with spotting brown for one day and eventually turned into a dark red colour. Lasted 4 days. Currently TTC'ing number 4, so this is not how it would normally happen for me. This is why I am confused lol.

The waiting game.. :wacko::wacko:

Thanks x

If your bleed isn't like your usual af then could be implantation or just an unexplained (and probably harmless) bleed.
I had a chemical where my tests were progressing then started to fade then af arrived then I tested again a few days later and the test was more positive than before and they faded then were darker for a few days after af stopped. Had to get a beta to make sure what was happening but tests did fade to nothing eventually.
I have had a few chemicals and this was the only one this happened with though, the others my tests faded away to nothing before af arrived

this may not be the case for you and i hope its not but last month i consistently got a line like that that turned out to be nothing. I think there is bad batch of FRER's right now that have a very convincing shadow line

Im sorry but it looks like an indent to me.
Open test and see if line is pink, if it is its no indent.
Hope its a lovely pink line

If your bleed isn't like your usual af then could be implantation or just an unexplained (and probably harmless) bleed.
I had a chemical where my tests were progressing then started to fade then af arrived then I tested again a few days later and the test was more positive than before and they faded then were darker for a few days after af stopped. Had to get a beta to make sure what was happening but tests did fade to nothing eventually.
I have had a few chemicals and this was the only one this happened with though, the others my tests faded away to nothing before af arrived

I cant even say with assurity that it's a chemical. In limbo for at least the next few days.

this may not be the case for you and i hope its not but last month i consistently got a line like that that turned out to be nothing. I think there is bad batch of FRER's right now that have a very convincing shadow line

Ah! I was wondering if there was a bad batch of frer's out at the minute. I've been getting very faint lines on other brands of test's as well. I have since got another line on a different brand of test this evening.

Im sorry but it looks like an indent to me.
Open test and see if line is pink, if it is its no indent.
Hope its a lovely pink line

i've said above that the line has a hue of pink to it.

The issue is why would I be getting lines if I am on cycle day 4.

Editing to add: sorry if that comes across as being harsh. It's not meant with any malice. Currently flickering between responding to you all here and work (rushing) :)

Can you do like a line up of your tests? I found that helpful. I know it sounds silly, but seeing them in a single photo lined up made it easier to see if there was progression there rather than looking at a fresh test and going back over photos or comparing to a dry test.
The only reason I can think of you seeing progression now, during what you thought to be af, is that it isn't actually af and it's implantation or one of those unexplainable bleeds during early pregnancy. It could be a chemical but I would have thought it would be the other way round with tests rather than what you're seeing, worst case could be ectopic if they're unusually slow to progress, but even then there have been plenty of women with slow to progress tests, with bleeds that have been healthy pregnancies. I think if you're still getting lines maybe seeing your doctor would help, they can do betas to have a clearer idea of what's happening

Can you do like a line up of your tests? I found that helpful. I know it sounds silly, but seeing them in a single photo lined up made it easier to see if there was progression there rather than looking at a fresh test and going back over photos or comparing to a dry test.
The only reason I can think of you seeing progression now, during what you thought to be af, is that it isn't actually af and it's implantation or one of those unexplainable bleeds during early pregnancy. It could be a chemical but I would have thought it would be the other way round with tests rather than what you're seeing, worst case could be ectopic if they're unusually slow to progress, but even then there have been plenty of women with slow to progress tests, with bleeds that have been healthy pregnancies. I think if you're still getting lines maybe seeing your doctor would help, they can do betas to have a clearer idea of what's happening

Amanzing response! Breaks down the multiple technicalities with this ttc/pregnancy lark.

Off I go to obssess over all of my tests. Line eye incoming! :haha::wacko:

Thanks again!

yes be careful of ectopic i would go to the doctors x

What I did with my tests was screenshot them from when I first saw anything on them until the most recent (so fresh tests), then put them together using a photo collage app then wrote the dpo on each test. In my case with my lines then no lines then lines, I started with clear lines which got darker, then lighter, then af arrived and they were barely visible, then a few days later they were dark again. They kept doing this so I was worrying about ectopic which is why I got a beta done. This returned at <0 so I knew then it was a chemical and a matter of time until my tests went negative.
If yours are progressing from nothing, and not going backwards and forwards, then there's probably a viable pregnancy there but I would get betas done to make sure things are ok, if they are slowly progressing especially.
I had bleeds with all my babies, it varied from light spotting to slightly more prominent bleeding, but they were fine. With my mc further along the spotting turned into bleeding and was a little longer than a period with some hefty cramps which felt more like mild contractions than af cramps and the bleeding was significantly heavier. My chemicals have been different to af, most having a day of heavy bleeding but then turning to little more than spotting and shorter. But with the one exception all saw my tests fade to nothing and stay that way before af arrived

What I did with my tests was screenshot them from when I first saw anything on them until the most recent (so fresh tests), then put them together using a photo collage app then wrote the dpo on each test. In my case with my lines then no lines then lines, I started with clear lines which got darker, then lighter, then af arrived and they were barely visible, then a few days later they were dark again. They kept doing this so I was worrying about ectopic which is why I got a beta done. This returned at <0 so I knew then it was a chemical and a matter of time until my tests went negative.
If yours are progressing from nothing, and not going backwards and forwards, then there's probably a viable pregnancy there but I would get betas done to make sure things are ok, if they are slowly progressing especially.
I had bleeds with all my babies, it varied from light spotting to slightly more prominent bleeding, but they were fine. With my mc further along the spotting turned into bleeding and was a little longer than a period with some hefty cramps which felt more like mild contractions than af cramps and the bleeding was significantly heavier. My chemicals have been different to af, most having a day of heavy bleeding but then turning to little more than spotting and shorter. But with the one exception all saw my tests fade to nothing and stay that way before af arrived

Thanks. I've just booked in for blood tests and a gp's phone consultation on Monday. That's when i'll know what's going on.

Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->