Custom babyhawk UK help

sam#3

Lactivist & Intactivist
Reaction score
Hi all

Ive been looking at the www.babyhawk.com and have designed a babyhawk i am in love with!!!!

Trouble is im not sure about what would happen with shipping it to the UK, it mentions on the website about incurring charges from customs etc etc :wacko:

Its all a bit baffling!!!

Has anyone on here ordered one and had any experience with postage costs????? Or anyone smarter than me that can see it does make sense on the website!!!!!! :dohh:

TIA xx

Can't be sure from their website - perhaps drop them a line? https://www.babyhawk.com/ContactUs/

I've ordered a custom mei tai from an American site (not BabyHawk, though I looked at them too) and paid $15 shipping, it shouldn't incur any further charges. There shouldn't be any difference with BabyHawk as it's still just basic shipping from the USA.

HTH
xx

Having said that, it depends if VAT is charged at point of purchase or not. If not then customs fees will be applied.

Thanks, i think its the customs fees that will sting us.

I did have a thought.... my gf's auntie lives in new york and she said we could use her address to get the babyhawk sent to and then she could send it to us as a gift so we wont get customs charges.....????
That would work wouldnt it?!??!?

I did have a thought.... my gf's auntie lives in new york and she said we could use her address to get the babyhawk sent to and then she could send it to us as a gift so we wont get customs charges.....????

Thats a good plan! Although there are websites in the UK who let you choose complete customs from the babyhawk site and get shipped direct to them with their other orders and that way you only pay what it costs in the beginning. Thats what i did with mine x

What websites do that bunnyhop? That would save a lot of messing about!!!! x

Thats a good plan! Although there are websites in the UK who let you choose complete customs from the babyhawk site and get shipped direct to them with their other orders and that way you only pay what it costs in the beginning. Thats what i did with mine x

But someone has to pay the VAT somewhere. Do they eat the cost? How do they make any money?

Yer i was thinking that there must be a catch somewhere surely??

I wish it was easier than i seem to be finding it!!!!

Just thought I would let you know that my mei tai arrived this morning and there were no additional customs fees. The sender had filled out a customs sticker declaring what was in the package and I assume she paid the fees at her end or could prove that she charges VAT at point of purchase :shrug: Either that or it's exempt form VAT, perhaps classed as children's clothing?

But someone has to pay the VAT somewhere. Do they eat the cost? How do they make any money?

Same as any company, they buy in larger amounts at a discounted price for resale :thumbup:

I bought mine from here https://www.sasaslings.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_6_44&products_id=117 if you email her and ask when she will next be putting in an order, she lists the 100% custom slots about a week before she orders usually they go quite quick so if you email your interest you should be fine xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->