Cyber Cycle Sisters !! xx

Hi Jo - glad you've got a better mw

Lou - sorry af got you - not long to your appt now!! glad you're enjoying your hols :)

Back from my scan - we are 80% sure we are having a little boy :blue: :cloud9: all looks good - she couldn't get detailed measurements of the heart as he was moving around so much so we are having another scan in 2 weeks - which is a bit of a bonus

hx

Hi Jo - glad you've got a better mw

Lou - sorry af got you - not long to your appt now!! glad you're enjoying your hols :)

Back from my scan - we are 80% sure we are having a little boy :blue: :cloud9: all looks good - she couldn't get detailed measurements of the heart as he was moving around so much so we are having another scan in 2 weeks - which is a bit of a bonus

hx

A boy! That's fabulous news! Even if my guess was wrong! I bet you're over the moon. You even get to see him again in 2 weeks you lucky thing. Any names yet?

Thanks lauren!! Think we are going to do the duck tour today, we are at Copley square in our hotel so will check the shops out as never got chance in new York!! It's a lovely day here today, love this part of USA.

Thanks jo, it was amazing even in the rain, got so much done and still had loads more to see!! Glad your much happier with your midwife now, she sounds much better. Xxx

Thanks em x

I'm very envious - the last time we were in Boston was 2 weeks before our wedding in 2006. The weather in June was beautiful so I bet August is glorious. We ate at some wonderful restaurants but I've had no success trying to remember names for you sorry.

Have fun and make sure you upload pics on Facebook for me to see!

Yes we're chuffed - going the mothercare later and out for tea :)

hx

WOOHOO Welcome to the boys club its pretty awesome.... i guessed right... Congrats!

I am going to have to get used to grazed knees, mud and cars :)

Ah Helen a little boy - bless!! Have you got a name?? Can't believe you're over half way!! xx

Did you get anything in mothercare???

My 20 week scan isn't till 20+6 which is friday 10th!! Hopefully will roll round asap. Though as usual am nervous as hell about it.

Am having a quick scan on tuesday but only to measure cervical length(internal) so I won't see baby :cry:

Happy 19 weeks Lucy!! :)

Haven't got a name yet - the only name I came up with that OH likes is Oliver - we're going through the name book tonight.

I have my call back scan on the 10th!! we can be scan buddies!! :)

Stay busy Lucy - the next week and 6 days will roll round in no time!

hx

Lovely news about your boy HB and good luck with the name book. We are currently calling baby "Winner" as the very first name we opened it at and it kind of stuck!

Obviously we won't call it that we he or she pops but for the moment it's fine. I'm not finding out the sex but too be honest my consultant didn't even ask if I wanted to know when I went for the anomoly scan. I asked her if she knew the sex and all she said was my lips are sealed! She also confirmed that there definately is an amniotic band but I've just put it to the back of my head. Denial is sometimes the best policy.

So Queenie make sure to ask if you want to find outthe sex. Maybe a sonographer will more able likely to tell you.

Another thing Queenie, when I went for my cervical length they didn't do a transvaginal scan despite it being more accurate and the consultant asking for it, so be prepared to say you don't want an abdominal scan. It makes no difference to them.

All this talk of Boston and New York is making me very jealous. I was there in Dec/Jan lasy year and it was freezing so would love to go back when it's hot. We are going away in 2 weeks but haven't got anything booked yet. I'd like somewhere relatively hot and relaxing, any ideas everyone?

Ah HB Oliver is cute. No names grabbing me yet - well if I like something OH says no and vice versa. I'm always reading the birth announcements in the paper to get ideas.

Mrs G - I was reading my kingston hospital booklet and saw that they have a policy of not telling the gender so got feeling I won't get to find out either unless I book a private gender scan. I'll see what happens. However my anomoly scan is at Roehampton hospital so maybe different though think its all part of Kingston.

All my cervical length scans have been internal and got my consultant doing this one again so think it will be internal again as she's doing it herself - Dr Shenkar. Is your cerviacl length ok??I have found so far(touch wood) everyone I've dealt with at kingston and roehampton to be really great. Are You going to do the antenatal classes at Kingston?

How about Greece or south Spain - both still hot in september and not too far to fly. V v v jealous after my rainy cornwall holiday.

Sorry about your amniotic band - I thought you'd got an all clear on that, think you're doing the right thing not dwelling on it and hopefully it will be ok xx

A holiday sounds nice.... i suppose I have one coming up kind of but not going anywhere.... 3 weeks on wednesday my parents arrive for 2 weeks and I am so excited and sad at the same time... I am so excited to see them and can't help thinking already how sad its going to be when they leave.. anyway will enjoy it while they are here.

We have not discussed names yet... with Euan we thought we were having a girl and I liked Katie and DH liked Olivia so they will probably be the 2 names to deliberate between again for a girl although I do like scottish names and i like skye... Euan was nameless for 5 days although I loved Euan DH hated it and caved in the end under pressure he is still not that keen on it.... I like Lewis and Findlay but we will see. DH hates them all the only name that DH likes for boy is BOO - yes you read it right its a golfers name and he thinks its fab so euan got called boo in utero and this onw so far seems to be buttons.

Anyway better be off its 9pm and have not taken any anti nausea medication today as I would see if it had gone away... its milder but most definitely still here not enough to be sick just mild nausea and i think i might go to bed now.... and watch a movie. I got 2 dvds out of the video store today a friend came round and we watched date night it was ok but not great and i have shutter island to watch tonight. Going out after work on Monday for dinner and movie with some girls from work to see eat, pray, love it looks stunning.

Hope your all having a good weekend.

A holiday sounds nice.... i suppose I have one coming up kind of but not going anywhere.... 3 weeks on wednesday my parents arrive for 2 weeks and I am so excited and sad at the same time... I am so excited to see them and can't help thinking already how sad its going to be when they leave.. anyway will enjoy it while they are here.

We have not discussed names yet... with Euan we thought we were having a girl and I liked Katie and DH liked Olivia so they will probably be the 2 names to deliberate between again for a girl although I do like scottish names and i like skye... Euan was nameless for 5 days although I loved Euan DH hated it and caved in the end under pressure he is still not that keen on it.... I like Lewis and Findlay but we will see. DH hates them all the only name that DH likes for boy is BOO - yes you read it right its a golfers name and he thinks its fab so euan got called boo in utero and this onw so far seems to be buttons.

Anyway better be off its 9pm and have not taken any anti nausea medication today as I would see if it had gone away... its milder but most definitely still here not enough to be sick just mild nausea and i think i might go to bed now.... and watch a movie. I got 2 dvds out of the video store today a friend came round and we watched date night it was ok but not great and i have shutter island to watch tonight. Going out after work on Monday for dinner and movie with some girls from work to see eat, pray, love it looks stunning.

Hope your all having a good weekend.

I'm sure I warned you about Shutter Island! Watched it a few weeks ago - very odd. What did you think?

Afm, advertised my car (completely unsuitable for a family convertible sports car) on Autotrader in the week and accepted an offer last night from the first person to come and look at it. So relieved as we bought a replacement car for me about 3 months ago so have been getting round to selling mine for a while. Off for a walk with OH and the dog in a bit - terrible night's sleep again - Didn't get to bed until midnight and then saw every hour until 6 when I decided to get up. It's good practise for when Livi arrives though!

Happy Sunday, and we've still got Bank Holiday Monday to look forward to!

So you ladies who had early scans, what stage were you at? and what did you see? I'm petrified :cry: scan on thursday at 7 weeks but im so scared :(

Hope everyone else is doing well and having a lovely weekend :) x

My first one was 6+5 and saw a hb - externally so all we saw was a little flicker :)

Next was a private scan and he was more blob shaped at 8+4.

You'll be fine I'm sure - it'll feel like forever getting there and scary going in but once you see it all that will melt away - well for a couple of weeks till you start stressing again - well that's how it felt for me.

hx

So you ladies who had early scans, what stage were you at? and what did you see? I'm petrified :cry: scan on thursday at 7 weeks but im so scared :(

Hope everyone else is doing well and having a lovely weekend :) x

I remember all too well how you're feeling! Here is my 7 week internal scan - we saw a teeny flicker which was the heartbeat but, as you can see, there wasn't much definition to see at that stage.

Good luck, stay calm and I'm thinking of you xx

Attachments

• Small.JPG
    Small.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 1
OMG! I'm in third tri and completely forgot until I saw my ticker on my reply to M2A! :happydance:

Happy 19 weeks Lucy!! :)

Haven't got a name yet - the only name I came up with that OH likes is Oliver - we're going through the name book tonight.

I have my call back scan on the 10th!! we can be scan buddies!! :)

Stay busy Lucy - the next week and 6 days will roll round in no time!

hx

I like Oliver :thumbup: - obviously as we have chosen Olivia! We're struggling for a middle name but we're favouring May at the moment. Toby has always been my 'boy name' so, if the sonographer was wrong, Olivia will be Toby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->