Cycle 2 of 50mg Clomid...

Essjay86

Reaction score
Hi everyone, the witch got me today and my best friend just told me she is pregnant again....so i'm a little bit down.
I am now on cycle 2 of Clomid but have been TTC for around a year and a half.

I am on 50mg...how many cycles before they decide to up the dose?
I also have to get my tubes checked this cycle. eeek!

Anyone have any clomid tips?
I always take it in the morning, is this right?

Hello,

I am sorry you are feeling a bit down. Seeing pregnancy announcements and feeling like everyone around you is pregnant is the worst :( But there is hope. I am just finishing my 3rd round of 50mg of clomid after a year of TTC and got a faint BFP this morning. I am still VERY cautiously optimistic, but just know that there is hope even if it doesn't feel like it. Don't give up!!

I am very impatient and when I didn't get pregnant the first or second cycles I started to give up hope and start thinking about whats next. Each cycle I ovulated either 2 or 3 eggs (I wasn't monitored this cycle so I am not sure how many), so the 50mg was right for me. Are you ovulating? I asked for an HSG and ended up getting a hycosy (works the same but uses saline instead of dye so it was much less painful). I felt like that was a good next step for me because I hadn't had it done yet and what would be the point of ovulating if my tubes were blocked? If you haven't had this done, it is simple, quick, and rather painless and can improve fertility! Don't be afraid :)

As far as tips, if clomid gives you side effects, taking the pills at night can reduce those so you sleep through most of them. Only other thing we did differently this month than last was use pre-seed, might be worth a shot? We didn't have a problem with lack of CM (actually quite the opposite, sorry TMI) but we were willing to do anything at this point!

Thanks Clapper! And congratulations i really hope your BFP gets darker :) It really gives me hope.
I will try and take mine at night. I start mine day two of AF and i only started bleeding this afternoon so tomorrow night is ideal. I will also ring the clinic and ask for the hycosy to be arranged this cycle. It was hard to tell if i ovulated this month because i couldn't do my day 21 bloods as i was in Greece on holiday. But i will ring the clinic and see what the next steps are for this cycle.

Where did you get the pre-seed from? i'll google it.

Hi essyjay!

And congratulations clapper!

I've started 50mg of clomid cd2-6. We've been trying for around 25 cycles now :cry:

I've not had any side effects yet but only on tablet number three

I was due to have my tubes checked but I had a really miscarriage the month before so they said that at least one of my tubes was open so they didn't need to do it.

Really hoping it works for us this month as we need to have a break for a few months after as we're going on a big holiday next year.

Hi Essjay! I did one cycle of 50mg clomid and they did a few blood tests at 21 days and later and determined that I didn't ovulate so we chose to up it to 100mg for the next cycle. It was the first cycle ever that I actually O'd on day 14 (it was confirmed with blood tests before and after) We were also trying for just over a year and half when I started clomid. Now 30 weeks pregnant with my first babe:)

I swear it's made af worse...I've never felt as sick in my life. I have a heat patch on my lower back and taken paracetamol. Aargh :( gonna take my clomid tonight. Can I up my dosage myself of should I stick to 50mg for now?

Hmm I would stick to the 50 until you get a day 21 blood test. If they confirm that you didn't O then they will probably bump you up for the next month!

Are headaches a side effect? I'm not sure whether I've got one due to clomid or just tiredness:wacko:

Yup I've heard they are! Basically anything that effects your hormones can cause headaches. Mind you, a little extra sleep and water would probably help:)

When I was trying for my dd the doctor told me to try 50mg for 3 months and if that didn't work then he wwould raise the dose. The third month was when I got my bfp. I am trying for my 3rd kid now and again he started me on 50mg. This is my first month.

Yeah ive had headaches too!

Libra, its good to hear clomid success stories. :)

I took my third tablet today, and ordered some preseed, opk and pregnancy tests. I am so on it this month!!

Yeah I've got conceive plus just in case as I've heard it can dry out cm. Can I add hot flushes and insomnia to my list of symptoms:dohh:

I've got a scan on Thursday (cd11) to see how many eggs I've got. Planning to :sex: Wednesday, Friday and Sunday and temp and opk too so hopefully we can catch an egg! I'm a bit frightened of catching more than one but I'm sure it's a slim chance seeing as we haven't caught one sticky egg in the last eighteen months!

I wouldnt mind twins to be honest haha. ;)

Ive got to have my hycosy done on friday to check my tubes...
I dont think the clomid really worked for me last month as i ovulated around day 22 so im going to see how it goes this month and if its still late i will ring them and see if i can up it to 100mg. I am so sick of this wait.

Hi ladies! I used Clomid to get pregnant with my son (who is now 23 months old). We did 2 cycles of 50mg and got pregnant on the 2nd cycle. I have super long and irregular cycles so we think the first cycles was getting my body back on track. I am TTC#2 and will be starting Clomid tomorrow (CD3-7). I took Clomid at night and with food to help with side effects and all I really had were some headaches and hot flashes. :)

Aw brilliant, welcome back to TTC!!

Does anyone else find they have a lot of CM when taking the tablets? I had it last month and i'm having it now. I feel like i get my cm now and it disappears when i'm supposed to be fertile. haha.

I've hardly had any cm!!! I usually get loads of ewcm starting from cd9 to cd12. However I had the tiniest bit on cd9 and nothing since!

Also I'm still having headaches and hot flushes - is this normal? I stopped taking the tablets on cd6:shrug:

Beary, how did your scan go??

I have my hycosy tomorrow eeek

Hi essyjay! I was just posting.... Yeah the scan went really well - nurse said I've got two mature follicles ready to be released. I got a nice positive opk today so going to start :sex: tonight and do every other day until we run out of steam :winkwink:

Hope all this is going to be worth the side effects:wacko:

Good luck for your scan tomorrow x

Attachments

• IMG_20150702_182630.jpg
    IMG_20150702_182630.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 2
Hi essyjay! I was just posting.... Yeah the scan went really well - nurse said I've got two mature follicles ready to be released. I got a nice positive opk today so going to start :sex: tonight and do every other day until we run out of steam :winkwink:

Hope all this is going to be worth the side effects:wacko:

Good luck for your scan tomorrow x

Oh brilliant!! Good luck this month i hope you catch an egg :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->