cycles after implant removal??

mumofone25

Reaction score
so i had my implant removed on the 18th december, had a period a few days later, normal flow and lasted 5days..... ive now only had a 21 day cycle since last AF, very light flow CD1 now CD3 and only spotting.

how long did/does it take for cycles to settle down?? xxx

I would love to know this, had mine removed 5 November, had 1st af since 13 December. So if my cycles have regulated I should have af on Monday x

I'm wondering the same thing; had mine out Dec 11, had AF or just withdrawel bleeding for the next 4-5 days, and nothing since. BFN this morning. CM is still kinda scant too. I think my body is still in a mirena-coma.

I had my implant out last Tuesday (8th) got AF on 11th and finished today. I asked the doc about how long it takes for things to settle down but she said that as you might guess it's different for everyone. I have had implants continuously for 7 years (anyone else had them this long?) she said I would be an interesting case as she didn't know of anyone who'd had them longer, so that spooked me a little.

I told myself I was going to play it really cool and just see what happens but I can't stop looking stuff up I'm getting a little obsessed! would be great to have someone who's had a recent implant removal to follow this journey through with. good luck ladies!

wow just noticed mummajj!! congratulations yours must have settled down quickly!! what was your secret? c.f.

Are you talking about the Implanon (arm implant) or the Mirena Implant ?

nexplanon (new arm implant)

and wow mummajj congratulations!!!!!!

my AF was only 4days long this time. makes a change as while i had the implant in they lasted anywhere between 12-35 days :( xx

wow that's awful. hopefully things are looking up for you now then, and things will start to regulate themselves. are you taking folic now? are you taking anything else?

i hope so :)
no not yet, i will be though. atm im just trying to eat healthier and exercise more. xx

I am kind of on that bandwagon too. I started taking a m2b supplement last week. I am rubbish at remembering to take things so OH keeps nagging me, while quite sweet that he cares it is a reminder that I need to get more organised before a lo comes along! how old is your little man was he a straight forward c?

DS is 3, he was actually i suprise baby i was taking the pill wheni found out :S so im new at all this planning stuff lol.

are you monitering CM or anything or just going with the flow? xx

ok still haven't quite got all these abbreviations yet! what's cm? oh is it cervical mucus? I'll be honest I have no idea what I'm looking for?! my plan was to go with the flow but I can already tell it's not gonna last long I'm too impatient!!
oh bless you well hopefully it will be as straight forward this time and you will have another little bundle of joy! how far are you going with monitoring? xx

im kind of monitering CM but not going out of my way to do it though.. i have a fertility app on my phone but its pretty useless because im not actually temping or anything (although i did think about it). i have suspected endometriosis though so i may start properly monitering if i dont get pregnant within 6months.

so are you trying for number 1? xx

yes I'm trying for #1 :) sooo excited and worried that I may become a little obsessed!! I just don't know how to calm down and forget about thing...
about 2 this morning when I couldn't sleep I ordered some cheap opks, pt`s and a thermometer so I can start monitoring if things are not happening as they should but I'm just, hoping that they won't be needed! I think I will give it three months then start monitoring! xx

its soo exciting, with finley i was just shocked when i found out i was pregnant i was only 20 and terrified, OH on the other hand couldnt have been more excited lol. its strange planning it this time around but i still feel really nervous about doing it all over :S

Fingers crossed it doesnt take 3months :D what cycle day are you on? i bet you start using them as soon as they arrive, i know i would lol :p

Hi, I have just done a new thread and THEN seen this one! :dohh:

I had mine removed as i was constantly bleeding on it and OH and I decided that we wanted #3 close in age again, so had it removed on the 13th November, had 3 days of heavy bleeding 14th, 15th and 16th and then on the 12th December I started bleeding (but only like brown old blood - sorry if TMI) then proper period (red blood) started on the 16th for 5 days.

How quickly did your periods come back to normal? I took a HPT today and got smacked in the face with a BFN so im not pregnant now (i knew it as i dont feel pregnant at all) i just wanted there to be some hope that i was!!

welcome to our little thread! I have no idea How long they are going to take to return to normal, I only had mine out last Tuesday but had what appeared to be a normal period a couple of days after but who knows what's to come?!
I have no idea of cycle length I haven't really had proper af for 7 years! had implants for aaages!
and yes I reckon I will end up using opk as soon as they arrive too lol! even if it is just too check I am ovulating!!
hopefully you will get your pos soon!! xx

oh and keep us updated! your ahead of me so will be interesting to see how long it is going to take! do you stay this excited and single minded throughout?! my lesson planning is going to pot!! ha ha!!

:hi: and welcome :D

i had a bleed about 3days after mine was removed (18 dec), and then the next cycle was only 21days, but af only lasted a couple days, currently on cd 5or6 so who knows how long this cycle will be :s

i was on the implant for around 2ish years, prior to that depo and before that the pill so its been a long time since ive had 'real' cycles. but i belive they were about 28 days berfor lol.

what cycle day is everyone you guys on? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->