Cystic Hygroma (large NT@12 weeks)--not a good scan--Updated :)

I will pray every day for you!! Im sorry that I cant do more!
Im sending all my positive thoughts!!
I wish I could give you a big big hug!!!!!!!!

Dont give up hope...Let's wait for the other tests!!
:hugs:

OMGosh sweetie, what a touching story, I am so sorry for what you're going through!

I think that situation was more than coincidence, though... I believe that some things happen for a reason, and I think that little boy came into your life this way to offer comfort or peace or something...

Kendra--I tend to agree. I have had a similar experience like this before (it was health problems with my dog) where a man came into my life only for a brief moment who offered so much comfort. Things like this really make me believe in fate, you know?

On top of everything I have contracted lyme disease (nothing to do with effecting the pregnancy though--just another hurdle in my life right now). This morning is my appointment with the lyme doctor, and I should have test results back this afternoon. I still intend to keep this updated as sharing my story has really helped me through it. Again, I have to say that everyone on here has been so great--I also GREATLY appreciate you all for not judging me on my thoughts toward ending the pregnancy if it's as bad as they think. It just wont be fair to me, my husband, or the child.

Ugh...this is going to be one of the longest days of my life!!!

:hugs:

Did dr say your baby has hydrops Hun? Or just the Cystic hygroma?

Did dr say your baby has hydrops Hun? Or just the Cystic hygroma?

In one of her posts she said the fluid had spread over the body too which I guess means hydrops :(

to the op... I'm sorry you are going through this awful time.

The saga continues...

We were so sure it was horrible chromosomal abnormality. I finally got the call and that's not what it is...I was kind of hoping it was that just so my decision could be more easily made knowing I was doing what was best for everyone involved. But now things are so up in the air. In a way this makes things so much harder...our given percentage for a healthy pregnancy is still only 30%, according to the genetic counselor that called me with the results. The baby could still have a major abnormality like a heart condition, but it could also mean we won't be able to find out about something like that until further into the 2nd trimester...and if it's a very bad prognosis, then I will have to actually labor to end the pregnancy.

I have an appointment with a high risk doctor tomorrow where hopefully I can get some more answers.

Grrr...:hugs: to everyone, I so appreciate your well wishes, thoughts and prayers!

So sorry to read your story hon.
A member of my family had a pregnancy about 13 years ago and she also found out that the baby had a cystic hygroma.
She made the heart breaking decision to end the pregnancy as the prognosis was not good.
Sorry this account is not such a positive one. However, she then went on to have 4 wonderful and healthy children. I dont know if this will be much comfort to you, but my thoughts and prayers are with you, your family and your little one x

Gigglebox, your story is heartbreaking and I wish it wasn't happening. I have been following this thread in the hope of good news. You will be in my prayers tonight.

I am absolutely certain that the little boy you talked to was an angel. Please, please read "angel babies" by theresa cheung. It may not be your thing but I do believe that little boy came to offer you comfort or support, or something.

In any case, may God give you strength and peace.

Xxxxx

Update...

Saw the high risk doctor today; he seems certain the baby has a heart defect. He described the blood pumping through the heart as more of a "sloshing" than a pumping; evidently the heart assists in properly regulating fluid in the body, and since the heart isn't opertaing correctly, this is why we are seeing the build up of fluid around the baby's body.

On the plus side, he said things could go either way. It is more likely that it will be a bad outcome, but there is the possibility that things will correct themselves. He suggested I come back in about 2 weeks to see how things are progressing. If they look the same or worse, it is likely the baby will not survive, or will have a major heart condition. It is also possible that I may miscarry before the next appointment (the 28th).

The positive outcome is the the heart condition goes on to correct itself; in the case, it should also correct the hygroma (or we should at least see it shrinking on the next ultrasound). I am hoping beyond hope this is what happens.

In either case I am not ready to give up on the pregnancy without knowing for sure that ending it would be the humane thing to do for Bun. I have to know that it won't get better, which is why I opted to wait and see how things progress.

Please, please if you believe in this sort of thing, pray for my Bun in the oven to get stronger and healthier.

O my goodness honey i just read the whole thread and my heart aches for you!!! I will def. pray for you and your hubby and your bun!!

I will pray for you, I can't imagine being in your position. I truly hope the little ones heart condition corrects itself!

Oh wow... I'm SO terribly sorry you're going through this hun, my heart breaks for you :hugs: I will keep you and your Bun in my thoughts, I hope your results are so much better next scan :hugs: :hugs: bless you for being SO strong! xx

Oh sweetie, I am so sad for you but so glad that this turned into a reason to hope instead of just a depressing situation...miracles happen every day and I know yours is one of them!

Will definitely keep you & your baby in my thoughts & prayers.
:hug:

I'm so sad that you are going through this. I will pray for you, your OH, and your little bun. Please keep us updated.

Thank you everyone, it warms my heart that you all are checking in on me :hugs:

I am doing okay. Trying to keep distracted but there isn't too much time that passes between thoughts about my bun. I am just trying to remain hopeful and pray that he or she will show signs of improvement at the next scan.

So many people are praying for me and I hope combined it is enough!

It has been hard letting my husband's family know. We told his dad last night and he didn't really know what to say. My hubby's mom was trying to kind of joke about it, but she doesn't know the severity of the situation.

Hope. Pray. Wait. that's all we can do! Thank you again everyone. I will keep updating this thread as updates occur.

Just wanted to update, as this has kind of become my personal CH journal for now!

I inadvertantly found out the gender of the baby. I had my genetic counselor send me the gender to my e-mail, and I was going to put it in my saved bin until I was ready to open it. What I didn't realize is the e-mail in my gmail account also displayed the first line of the message, which was the only line she wrote, lol!

It is deeply personal to me that I keep this secret to myself and not let anyone know. You lovely ladies and my husband are the only ones who know I was going to find out; my husband doesn't want to know the gender in case things don't work out.

I have found it to be the best thing I could have done. I was going to hold off because I was afraid it would make the situation so much worse...however it has had the opposite effect. I have found a moment of joy in this chaos.

On a another brighter note, I had another sign. I pulled up to my house after work on Friday (not sure why I didn't mention this until now)...there was one page of a newspaper in my yard. I got out of my car and said to myself "Ok, I am going to find meaning in this. This is my sign." I am not a very religious person, but I do have some faith and hope...I guess that's what drove me to assume this was a sign. So I approached the paper, and there was just one story on that page. The headline read, "After health concerns as a child in Cuba, Lyva thrives." It was the continuation of an article from another page, hence the odd wording...but still, how weird is that? I was just so taken aback at how relatable it was to my situation. I tore the headline from the paper and it's in my pocket now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->