Cystic Hygroma (large NT@12 weeks)--not a good scan--Updated :)

Great news!!! -And I agree about being saddened by the women who terminated. A cystic hygroma without chromosomal abnormalities is NO reason to terminate. The odds of a healthy baby are excellent - even if the CH doesn't go away before birth.

I know, that thought about the "what ifs" with women who decided to terminate is really bothering me. If this turns out well I am going to try and be an advocate for anti-termination for the poor women in my situation.

I'm thinking they gave me a bleak prognosis due to the size of the NT...regardless, I am so happy my MFM doctor encouraged me to wait and see how things progress. It has given me a ton of time to think about it and be able to make the right decision for me.

And you ladies have all been wonderful!

That's what happened to me. The ladies w/ BeNotAfraid.net gave me the hope that I needed. Otherwise, I would have been more likely to terminate. The doctors are encouraging women to do so, and we have such blind faith in them - at least initially. Since then, I can't even count the number of times I've told women that I DON"T regret my decision to keep the baby - even knowing that she had less than a 2% chance (w/ Turner's). I treasure my memories of that pregnancy, and I was fortunate in that I was able to see her and hold her. I wouldn't change that for anything - even though it was obviously tough.

I've been keeping up with this and thinking about you. Hope everything turns out well for you and baby!

no drama momma--thank you; btw I LOVE your photo; calla lillies are gorgeous!

Now I am kind of resentful towards the doctor at my initial scan. he shouldn't have had so much conviction in my "diagnosis"--that of the turners and slim chance of survival. I left the office so angry and distraught that I didn't get my disk of photos of Bun. I was too afraid to look at them again, thinking at that point that it would be the very last time I could look at photos like that....GRRR. damn doctor! I asked him if there was any chance of the situation resolving; he said "Well I don't want to give you false hope...sorry." Even if he's right and shit hits the fan, that is a terrible thing to say to a patient!

Thank you! I carried white ones at my wedding :)

And I get so angry every time I hear about an insensitive doctor. They really should all have to take continuing education credits in bedside manner every year.

I have read the whole of this thread in amazement! The signs you were given were telling you this is going to go well,that I am sure of!

You have been brave and receptive to things other than the doc's advice, your child was given to you for a reason, thanks for updating us all and staying focused.

Well done and bug hugs xxxxx

Just keep reading the success stories online. There are plenty of them, and the fact that there is no chromosomal problem is awesome. You have plenty of reason to be hopeful.

Thinking of you!!! I hope you get good news on Wednesday!! I will be keeping and your baby in my prayers and thoughts! Hugs!

Good morning ladies! today's update: Hubby finally approached me and asked what sex the baby is! It was such a nice moment...and for the record, his guess was wrong! lol; he was very surprised and also happy. I was glad he asked because if things don't go well, at least we had a moment to share some joy with each other now...because later on it could be news that would disappoint, if that make sense...?

Anyway, I'll let all you curious ladies know after wednesday's scan :winkwink:

Or, heck, if all looks OK maybe I'll post the sonogram and let you all have a guess! I am really hoping everything is OK; i'd love to have some updated photos of Bun...

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!!! I can't begin to express how happy I am that the week is near completion!

I think it's mostly because I had so many scares with my son's scans too and he is perfectly fine. I think boys like to worry us for no reason lol!

Awww !! way to keep us in even more suspense :D Wonderful news that hubby asked the sex though, glad he's happy about it and you two got to have a special moment :flower: xx

Awww !! way to keep us in even more suspense :D Wonderful news that hubby asked the sex though, glad he's happy about it and you two got to have a special moment :flower: xx

You all are so sweet :hugs: haha, you're right though, I suppose with all the health stuff there's enough suspense going around already! But...still not enough to have me let anyone know the sex yet :winkwink: I let my coworker (aka my "work wife") know that I knew, now she's DYING to have me tell her :haha: The funny thing is everyone in my "real" life thinks it's a girl and everyone on here is thinking boy...

Hi everyone, hope you are all doing well and your little growing bouncy beans are thriving :) Not much to update, just had to vent somewhere that I am SUPER nervous about my appointment tomorrow. I am really regretting making it for an afternoon time slot...the anticipation through out the day is KILLER. It's 3:15 eastern standard time so I'll try to post when I get home from the appointment and let anyone who is following this thread know what's going on.

Tomorrow is my birthday gigglebox and I am sending all my birthday wishes your way for you to use... praying for good news tomorrow and that the time between now and your scan goes super fast :hugs:

Sending you lots and lots of positive vibes for tomorrow!

Tomorrow is my birthday gigglebox and I am sending all my birthday wishes your way for you to use... praying for good news tomorrow and that the time between now and your scan goes super fast :hugs:

awwwww both of you are so nice; Joeyzgirl--you're getting me all misty eyed! Happy birthday to you!

Oooooh just updated myself on your thread - loads of luck for tomorrow's scan, I'll be stalking to see what happens! Good luck xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->