• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cytotec not really working -rant

OmarsMum

Reaction score
On Thursday the dr inserted 3 vaginally and I was given 4 to take at home every 2 hrs. There was nothing on Thursday, on Friday morning I passed a very small clear clot that looked like a skin. Friday evening I had some cramps & period like bleeding but not heavy. I blended again Saturday morning. Today I went back to the dr in the morning, he inserted 2 and I took 2 orally immediately, I had 2 left I took one after 2 hrs then another 1.

But still nothing just mild cramps. Dr filled prescription and gave me another 4. 2 to insert internally and another 2 to take orally tomorrow

It's been 4 days now, I feel tired & fed up.

He told me that I can't go for a D&C yet as I had one last year, and my cervix is still not ready for a D&C. The sac was too high in the uterus, it started to get lower but he still wants me to wait

does it sound normal ? Anyone had a similar experience?

I had the same problem. Are you sure the pills are up for enough and staying in? I think for me I was bleeding too much so they would just bleed out before they could work. I know this might sound weird:blush: but at the hospital they inserted it rectally just to avoid this issue. Maybe you could ask the doctor about that?

I hope it starts to work soon and the healing is quick :hugs:

It's the dr who applied them the 1st 2 times. Yesterday hubby applied them to me & I slept immediately. I'm also taking the orally

Still nothing this morning

That's really frustrating. Like I said, they didn't work for me either and I just waited for everything to pass naturally, which took almost three months!!! I really hope it's quicker for you.

I am so so sorry you are going through this. With my first mmc I didn't know the baby had passed until my 12 week scan. It passed two weeks prior. I tried to wait it out and do it all naturally, but two weeks later still nothing. My doctor decided it was time for the cytotec. It worked first pill, but by that time I was over four weeks since the baby had passed. I think that is why it worked so quickly. Sometimes we just have to wait a bit and let our bodies do things in their own time. I haven't heard of a doc not doing a d&c because of having another within a year. I found out today at 9 weeks I had a blighted ovum and my doctor wanted me to do another d&c and my last one was just about 11 months ago. If you are having a lot of difficulty I would perhaps talk to another doc and see if they have a different opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->