Daily kegel reminder!-if ur squeezing bump this post please!

DarlingMe

Reaction score
I keep hearing how important kegels are for bladder control and labor later in pregnancy. Supposively you should be able to hold the muscle for 1-2 minutes and should work you way up to that several times per day. Can everyone help keep bumping this up if you agree so we all remember?!?

Great reminder.... I forget almost every day and know that I'll regret it when I go into labour!

x

Thanks DarlingMe - I forget every day! Doing them now so I won't forget!

I didn't even know we were supposed to be doing kegels. What for? How does it help with labor?

We need to keep your pelvic floor muscle strong so you dont have any incontinence probs!! Home sports keep them strong too like horse riding

You're definitely not allowed to be horseback riding when pregnant.

Great idea :) I've been on this forum twice today (this morning and again now) and whilst scrolling down both times, saw your post and automatically did my kegels, so thanks cos it works for me and if I don't get a reminder I won't do em ;)

i really dont know how to do these. i have been reading the instructions i see in the leaflets but no luck! i cant hold them! i can manage about half a second if that! how do you hold them? i dont know if im doing it wrong or something but....

i really dont know how to do these. i have been reading the instructions i see in the leaflets but no luck! i cant hold them! i can manage about half a second if that! how do you hold them? i dont know if im doing it wrong or something but....

You are probably doing them right. It's the same muscles that you feel clenching after orgasm or like i said to stop urine. You just have to "work them out" just like any other muscle! :haha: if you can remember to do them a few times a day for a few days you will be able to hold the tightened muscle longer and tighter. :winkwink:

i thought about just holding my wee in for as long as i can before going to the toilet :) it might be an unhealthy way to do it but should do the same job lol

Until you get a bladder infection! Lol same idea though!

How long should I do them for each day? This is a good idea to remind people.

How to do Kegel exercises
It takes diligence to identify your pelvic floor muscles and learn how to contract and relax them. Here are some pointers:
 Find the right muscles. Insert a finger inside your vagina and try to squeeze the surrounding muscles. You should feel your vagina tighten and your pelvic floor move upward. Then relax your muscles and feel your pelvic floor return to the starting position. You can also try to stop the flow of urine when you urinate. If you succeed, you've got the basic move. Don't make a habit of starting and stopping your urine stream, though. Doing Kegel exercises with a full bladder or while emptying your bladder can actually weaken the muscles, as well as lead to incomplete emptying of the bladder — which increases the risk of a urinary tract infection.
 Perfect your technique. Once you've identified your pelvic floor muscles, empty your bladder and sit or lie down. Contract your pelvic floor muscles, hold the contraction for five seconds, then relax for five seconds. Try it four or five times in a row. Work up to keeping the muscles contracted for 10 seconds at a time, relaxing for 10 seconds between contractions.
 Maintain your focus. For best results, focus on tightening only your pelvic floor muscles. Be careful not to flex the muscles in your abdomen, thighs or buttocks. Avoid holding your breath. Instead, breathe freely during the exercises.
 Repeat three times a day. Aim for at least three sets of 10 repetitions a day. You might make a practice of fitting in a set every time you do a routine task, such as checking email, commuting to work, preparing meals or watching TV.

Fantastic post! Also wanted to point out that kegels are great for your entire life, not just when pregnant. As we get older our bladders etc drop due to age and gravity.. keeping these muscles strong will help prevent bladder control issues, and bowl control too, as we age. Women should be taught about these simple exercises when we reach childbearing age and told to continue them throughout our lives.
Also.. everything I have read says to start doing them as soon after giving birth as possible too.. though I might wait until the next day :haha: as it helps to increase blood flow and contracts the muscles back to their original shape. Helps with healing after the birth.

- when you gain strength with the kegels.. try to practice with more control, squeezing in and up slowly.. step by step and then releasing the muscles slowly as well then pushing them out slightly too.. though that is harder to feel. (I think your partner might benifit from these control kegels too :haha: :blush:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->