Daily kegel reminder!-if ur squeezing bump this post please!

Kegels are very important but not so much during labour as you need to be able to let the muscles relax so baby can get out rather than clenching it in!! This is something my yoga teacher keeps reminding us in class.
Thanks for the reminder, given that I already wee myself a little bit when I sneeze I really should be more diligent about doing them!!!

This is ace - as soon as I see the thread it makes me clench!!! Keep the thread active ladies :hugs:

this thread popping up has reminded me a few times, after 2 births and one of them a 9lber!! many thanx xxxxxxxx:hugs:

Good thread - made me remember to do mine. However I seem to get a sore stomach after doing them, but it feels like im doing it the sane way as when stopping the flow. Maybe im doing them a bit too hard?

Is it a pulling up motion rather than bearing down motion?

Cocoa, your tummy should be relaxed and only your P floor muscles should be working. Dont tense your face or shoulders either. I read we are supposed to ba able to hole em' for 2-3 mins. Squeeze!

i really dont know how to do these. i have been reading the instructions i see in the leaflets but no luck! i cant hold them! i can manage about half a second if that! how do you hold them? i dont know if im doing it wrong or something but....

The best way to figure it out is to wait till you have to pee really bad ( ya know, every 5 minutes or so) sit down and let er rip, then after a few seconds make yourself stop the stream, then let go, repeat etc :baby: Fun fun!

But it's better than peeing your pants :blush: I still haven't mastered it LOL :blush:

BUT don't do the pee-stream stop normally - it can lead to infections which isn't nice, especially now.

AND - Don't forget to breath while you do them - that's my problem, as soon as I take a breath I have to let go!

I can hold mine for awhile but no where NEAR a minute or longer! I didn't practise them during first trimester because I had a lot of bleeding and was paranoid they'd make the bleeding worse. Now I'm having a hard time keeping up the habit.

Everytime I see this thread I squeeze away so thank you for the reminder!!

any one get braxton hicks after doing squeezes...?? i seem to get them after kegals now and again and need to go to the loo!:dohh:

Makes me need to wee too! Already going about 5 times an hour!

Another benefit from americanpregnancy.org minimizes hemorrhoids, who knew!?

What are the benefits of Kegel Exercises?
Pregnant women who perform Kegel exercises often find they have an easier birth. Strengthening these muscles during pregnancy can help you develop the ability to control your muscles during labor and delivery. Toning all of these muscles will also minimize two common problems during pregnancy: bladder leaks and hemorrhoids.

Kegel exercises are also recommended after pregnancy to promote perineal healing, regain bladder control, and strengthen pelvic floor muscles. The best thing about Kegel exercises is that they can be done anywhere, and no one knows you’re doing them.

I did them a lot when pg with DS and I had no incontinence or hemorrhoids. I had stitches for a second degree tear and think the fact that I'd done kegels helped with the healing and I was lucky that it wasn't awfully painful. So keep squeezing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->