daiper pails and washing

Callie-xoxox

Mummy Of Lyrik<3
Reaction score
This is going to sounds very silly and make me sound like a huge newbie but...
Do I need 2 diaper pails? on for pee and one for poop? or just one?
And
Do I need to clean the diaper as soon as its dirty or how does that go?
My mom used cloth with me and she says its to hard for me to and I will give up in a week I want to prove her wrong.
Since I am BF Lyriks poop is still VERY runny and not solid at all.
How do I clean that ? Will a liner help with that?
What is the best liner for runny messes

HELP!!!!

I put all the nappies in one bucket. Liners can help but if its really runny they tend to go around it anyway and onto the nappy. I usually flush the nappy against the side of the loo and squeeze it out. Or another tip I saw was to use an old bank card or something similar to scrape the poop off the nappy and flush that/rinse it under the tap. :)

Oh and its fine to leave the nappies a day or two in the bucket with lid on, so you have enough built up to do a wash :)

The bank card tip I will try out:) it seems like a good idea.
I am hoping to get enough diapers that I can wash them about every 2 days.
Do I wash them with soap or how does that go?
really hot water?

Non bio soap powder only a tiny bit and NO fabric conditioner on a 40 degree wash normally does me or you can use soap nuts https://https://www.inasoapnutshell.com/ and some essential oil in the fabric conditioner draw.

I use soapnuts for my nappies as using powder can cause build up eventually and stop them from working as well.

We dont use powder, We use a liquid soup.
I have to use special stuff cause Lyrik has very sensitive skin.
And we dont use fabric softener.
Is it best to hang them to dry?

Yeah you ban hang them or use the dryer. Not sure about the liquid soap hun but I know soapnuts are entirley natural so shouldnt irritate her skin.Might be worth looking at the website and seeing what it says :)

I looked it up:)
they seems very cool
Do you use alot?
How much should I get?

I looked it up:)
they seems very cool
Do you use alot?
How much should I get?

https://www.buysoapnuts.com/

Heres a us site that deliver to canada hun :) You use about 4/6 at a time in the little bag. Looks like they do trial too, read through the website and have a look :)

with BF poos the easiest thing to do I found is run the nappy under the shower head and just rinse the poo off that way, then dump the nappy in a bucket until you're ready to wash.
with washing I do a cold rinse first, then 1/4 washing detergent to normal load on a 40deg cycle ( I do a 60deg every 4 or 5 washes) and then I do 2 cold rinses to stop any build up of detergent. inserts I either line dry in the sun (great for getting rid of any stains as well) or they go in the dryer if the weather is crap, and outer pockets I tend to air dry on the hanger.

you need to use half what you normally would in your wash hun maximum

with BF poos the easiest thing to do I found is run the nappy under the shower head and just rinse the poo off that way, then dump the nappy in a bucket until you're ready to wash.
with washing I do a cold rinse first, then 1/4 washing detergent to normal load on a 40deg cycle ( I do a 60deg every 4 or 5 washes) and then I do 2 cold rinses to stop any build up of detergent. inserts I either line dry in the sun (great for getting rid of any stains as well) or they go in the dryer if the weather is crap, and outer pockets I tend to air dry on the hanger.
The shower head thing is such a good idea:)
The only thing about air dying them is that will they get that old mildew smell?

They won't go smelly unless your house is very damp maybe/ Do other clothes you hang to dry go smelly?

I've never had mine go smelly, outer covers, ie/ wraps, pockets, dont tend to take to long to dry, they should be done in a day. AIO's can take a bit longer, but as Rach says, as long as you're house isn't damp in general then you shouldn' thave a problem.

You CAN put these things in the dryer on a low heat, from all reports it shouldn't affect the PUL, I just prefer not to if I don't have to and I like looking at the pretty nappies drying on a clothes horse! :haha:

I hang cloth to dry and they dont smell bad I am just not sure how long the AIO take to dry and that is what I am using mostly.
I might just dry them almost all the way and then put them in the dryer to finish them
thanks ladys :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->