Damn nausea!!!!

MummyM86

Reaction score
Well I've had a horrendous day at work. I've been so sick and dizzy. Spent half the morning with my head down the toilet :sick:

Its constant, I feel like if I could actually BE sick it might help, but nothing. Just desperate need to run to the loo and heave a bit.

Nearly fainted twice today. which was a bit scary.

Decided enough was enough and went to see my GP this afternoon as I remember being ill with DD but nothing like this. Any way, I went hoping for some advice/remedies/drugs but he turns to his lil pad and says "I'm giving you a week off and want you to come back and get another week if you're not feeling any better".

Completely shocked me. I feel terrible at the though of speaking to my very supportive, understanding and accomodating manager tomorrow to let him know I've been signed off pregnant lol. I really was not expecting a sick note and I def didn't request it. I asked the GP if there were any meds and he said there is one, but they don't like to prescribe as has been known to cause complications :nope::nope:

Anyway, so now I've been sent to bed by hubby to relax.

How's everyone feeling today? Anyone else struggling to concentrate at work because of how rough they feeling?

I'm having a rough day too. My nausea is like yours-constant and to where you wish you could throw up. I decided to add a migraine on top of it all.
My doc gave me zofran for nausea but there's a lawsuit out for causing birth defects so I haven't been taking it to be safe.
I hope you're feeling better soon.

They are pretty reluctant to hand out meds, I've just been given some but I'm sick every day and it's on my notes that I was constantly sick the whole 42 weeks last time (overdue!)
I still waited until 12 weeks because I hate taking meds in pregnancy!
At least with a week off you can hang your head down a toilet in peace (soooo been there) and get some rest. Also they said to go back so if it's sill bad they might help further. Good luck

My nausea has been horrendous today and I was sick for the first time today too. I cooked dinner with OH and had a couple of mouthfuls and just couldn't continue. Ate a bag of quavers and a couple of ginger biscuits with a cup of tea that OH made me and I had to come up to bed as I felt even worse after. When I feel sick, it floors me and I have to go to bed and I end up sleeping for a few hours. That's one way to make the time go quicker I guess, but still.

My nausea has been horrendous today and I was sick for the first time today too. I cooked dinner with OH and had a couple of mouthfuls and just couldn't continue. Ate a bag of quavers and a couple of ginger biscuits with a cup of tea that OH made me and I had to come up to bed as I felt even worse after. When I feel sick, it floors me and I have to go to bed and I end up sleeping for a few hours. That's one way to make the time go quicker I guess, but still.

It would be so nice to just sleep all through the ick phase. I'm so ready to start feeling better.

I hope you start feeling better soon hun

similar situation here except I went from throwing up 1-3 times per day to making a new record of 16 on Monday. I feel absolutely horrible. My midwife gave me bomine to take and it is what finally got me to stop throwing up. My hope is that I can not take it tonight and be ok.
:(

My nausea is getting bad and I'm barely 5 weeks in. I'm fearful of what the coming weeks will bring. I've not been able to eat anything today as I feel like crap, even water makes me sick. I don't work I'm a SAHM but I almost threw up on my personal trainer :sick:

Thanks for your replies ladies.

peanutt, I'm def with you on the whole sleeping through this stage thing!

\rang my manager this morning and he was really supportive. Felt really bad letting him down but I'm not much use when I'm at work so probb best if I'm home not getting in the way.

My mums taken DD this afternoon and I'm lying in bed watching rubbish on the box. I daren't move, that's when I feel worse lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->