Danielle's Wedding Journal- Simple yet elegant theme 1/3/14

DanielleM

Reaction score
Well it is official girls, I have booked the church and the venue!!!!

The church has been booked with the priests PA and the diary is free, she just needs to confirm with the priest but she can't see there being a problem.

The venue I have booked also!!

Just waiting for definate confirmation from the church on the date then I can book the caterer and the chair cover decorations.

The theme of the wedding is going to be black and white, with the bridemaids dresses being black also with white flowers.

Food wise we are wanting a hog roast, the caterer does this along with potatoes, salads and puddings.

I can't wait now I think my heart is doing overtime today!!

:happydance: congratulations on setting the date, less than a year now, it will fly by!

Happy planning :)

Congrats!! :)
Love the hog roast plan, and my theme is black and white too :) looking forward to seeing your plans! Xx

We have booked the band also, it is my mum's partners, sons band, we heard him at a 50th party a few weeks ago and were totally amazing, they usually charge £1300 for the DJing and the band but are doing it for us for £800 which my mum is paying for, for my wedding present.

LOL I can see a common theme here as my bridesmaids are wearing Black Vivienne of Holloway sarong dresses and we are having a hog roast instead of an evening buffet. lol! fabulous choices :thumbup:

good luck with your planning! x

Well so far the church have officially confirmed the date, the venue is booked and paid for in full, the band is booked and I have put a deposit down on the caterer, looking like it will be costing around 1k for food which is pretty good for feeding 90-100 people. Oh and our budget has gone up from 2k to 5k :haha:

Hog roast here too :D

Brilliant news about having the church confirmed and the venue paid in full :happydance:

Sounds like your plans are well on there way!

What have you got to do next ?

:hi: Emma!!!

I have just booked my photographer too!!! :happydance:

I am going to use this journal to keep up with what I have sorted so far

Venue
Church
Caterer
Photographer
Wedding Car
Band

Can anyone think of any other big thing that needs to be booked quite early?

Getting from M&S so doesn't need ordering till nearer the time.

Just ordered my wedding car, this is the link

https://www.cheshireclassics.co.uk/our-cars/daimler-limousine/

Beautiful car! Have you been dress shopping yet?

Should flowers be ordered early?

No Emma I am going dress shopping in May when my mum gets back from America, she is touring the US in a few days (lucky sod). Not too sure about flowers, I would think nearer the time like 4-5 months before the wedding? I am not going crazy on flowers, not decorating the church, having bouquets for me and bridesmaids and buttonholes that is all.

Have you set your date Emma? We need your journal going too!!

Ahh your lucky mum! Have you got a style of dress in mind or are you open to anything? I am definitely going to start a journal soon because I need help and somewhere to put down all of my ideas but at the moment nothing is booked so it wouldn't be a very interesting read :haha: we have a provisional date though which fingers crossed will become a definite on Monday when we go to see the venue again... Saturday August 16th 2014 <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->