Danielle's Wedding Journal- Simple yet elegant theme 1/3/14

Thanks Emma, she passed away last Tuesday and had the funeral on Monday just gone.

Anyway have got back to planning today, I knew I had loads to do and last night had nightmares that I had boked everything for the 10th March instead of the 1st and another dream that I forgot the bridesmaids dresses and was shopping for them the morning of the wedding!! I just need to ring the church tomorrow and see whats going on there as not heard anything.

Sorry for your loss Hun. Is it your first wedding nightmare? Lol! We've all had them :) I'm having the same panic ATM, need to get my invites finished but they're doing my he'd in haha xx

Right my bloody centrepiece nightmare I think I have sorted it, ordered one of the topiary trees and it arrived and looked a bit on the small side, so now it is pride of place in the .........................bathroom!!!

Anyway after having looked around I have found a place to hire, I have gone with the birdcages and flowers, sick to death of looking, just need to pay my deposit for them and that is it!!

Also after looking for weeks on end on etsy, I love all of the signage they have on there, I have ordered different shapes and sizes of woods and I am going to make signs of my own, then I can personalise them, found a wonderful site based in the UK that does plain mdf shapes so I can paint and print/stencil things on, actually looking forward to it.

I need to sort my cake out, a womanI know is doing it for me, so just need to find a design that I want, she only charges £250 which includes delivery and set up etc for 3 tiers.

Bouquets are my next target, I do not want real flowers, I have been looking at artificial bouquets as I think they are just a beautiful and can get all of my colours (black, white and silver) in the bouquet without having to worry about seasonal flowers etc.

BUT most IMPORTANTLY I have organised my hen party lol!!! We are all going to Newcastle for a weekend end on Jan begin of Feb!!! Think one night we are going to be going to see the Dreamboys at Tiger Tiger. I know some people don't like the whole hen do thing, but I want mine to be really tacky willy straws, L plates, fake veils, etc!!!

Next to look at honeymoons!!!

Right need to do a list of all the things I have got and need to get

Sorted

Church
Venue
Catering
Band
Table and chair covers
Centrepieces
Favour boxes
Photographer
Wedding car
Dress
Brides/maids Jewellery
Wedding guest book

To do

Bridesmaids dresses
Suit hire
Cake
Chocolates for favours
Hair/makeup
Flowers (artificial)
Wedding party gifts

Looking at this can anyone see anything major I am missing out?

Don't think so, I hadn't noticed your earlier post either. What is your signage for? Xx

Hello lovely, how's it going? Your list looks good to me but what about your invitations? Are they sorted?

Oh yes, bought my invitations, doing the inside myself, still need to speak to the priest as we want to get married at 3pm before I put a time down on my invites x

Things are going OK Emma, just bought my cake, well got a deal on wowcher 3 tier cake £580 reduced to £169.

I have left OH o sort the suits and I have a feeling I am going to have to do that too as he has the nickname lastminute.com, not one of his best attributes!!!

Wow Danielle, you've caught some bargains on Wowcher haven't you? I never check there, use groupon a fair bit but never get as good a deals as you seem to find! Such a good saving on the cake!!

You are so organised, that's probably why your lastminute.com husband-to-be leaves everything for you to do :haha:

It's my mum who has got all my deals on wowcher, he checks and e-mails them to me!! He is a pain in the arse, got him brochures, swatches the lot for the suits, and have basically told him what to order, we just need to get everyones sizes then we can order.

Bridesmaids dresses
Suit hire
Cake
Chocolates for favours
Hair/makeup
Flowers (artificial)
Wedding party gifts

Right so off my to do list further up the page I have now ordered my flowers and cake. Confirmed the service time with the priest of 3pm. Booked my makeup artist and trial, bought my bridesmaids dresses. Feel like I am slowly but surely getting there!!!

Well my list is getting considerably shorter, in fact I now have very little that I can actually do until right before the wedding.

Going on my hen do this weekend, we are in Cheshire but 17 of us are going up to Newcastle which I am really excited about.

Got my final dress fitting on 9th Feb, went yesterday and have got to have it taken in 2 dress sizes as I have lost nearly 2 stone!!

Honeymoon is all booked and we are off to Mexico just the 2 of us for a week!!!

Shits getting real!!!

Haha its scary isn't it!! Enjoy your hen, we went to Newcastle and I had the best time ever. It was really amazing!! xx

I have no idea what is happening on my hen!!! My maid of honour has kept it all hush hush so will be all a surprise!!!

So nearly into single digits!!! Totally starting to crap myself, getting constant heartburn, I have a twitch in my left eye and an infection in my right eye!!! I am falling to pieces. I think it is all down to stress. Most stuff is done, need to wonderweb the kids trousers but mostly done trying to tie up loose ends and paying everything, stressing I have forgot something and trying to sort out packing for honeymoon and getting everything sorted for the kids for whilst we are away!!! I have list everywhere!!!

Have the nightmares/insomnia begun yet? Lol! Mannnn it was awful leading up to our wedding! If you have lots of lists that's a pretty good start! Xxx

Omg mummymay the nightmares are horrendous!!! Get me to Mexico by the pool with a cocktail in hand!!!

Hi not been in this section for a long time thought I would show a pic, the day went perfect seems ages ago now though!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 13

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member