Dark OPK's for 1 1/2 weeks

staceylou

Mummy and pregnant w/no2
Reaction score
Hi ladies
This is only my 2nd month TTC number 2, and I am already confused! I've been using OPK's but not as regularly as I should have as i've been poorly with one thing after another this month. I had some nearly positive opks a week and a half ago, and I know the positive can come and go quickly, and I missed some afternoons and mornings (usually test twice a day) so I don't even know when/if ovulation happened. But the opk's are still coming up very nearly positive after all this time, nearly every time I test, and today a blaring positive. I'm due on in 4 days. I remember when I got pregnant with my DD my opks being positive but can't remember if it was before or after my positive hpt. Has the same happened to anyone else? almost positive/positive opks for more than a week?
Thanks - and sorry for rambling! Hope someone can make sense of it!

I have no experience of this myself but I have read online that the chemical structure of luteinizing hormone (tested for on opks) is almost identical to that of hcg (what pregnancy tests test for) and so if you are pregnant opks can be positive (but you can't do it the other way around i.e. use a pregnancy test for ovulation prediction).
If I were you I'd do a hpt.
Best of luck. x

Thanks for your reply, I have ordered some hpts now so I can take one in a few days and see!

Anyone else? xx

I am going through the same thing! Have had positive opk's 7 dpo for 3 days in a row. I am hoping it's a sign. My last pregnancy also gave me early bfp opk!! Good luck to you!!! I hope it's your month !!

Thank you - I definitely had positive opks last time i was pregnant, i was addicted to poas and i remember using one just to see that line appear but I cant remember if i did it before my +hpt as well! argh!! I wish I knew when I ovulated this month! Anyway, opks today are still totally positive. Got acid, and sensitive to smells, plus cramps. Probably just trying to convince myself I am!

I hope this is your month too Haileysmum x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->