darker lines mean hCG increasing- truth or rumor

I'm so glad I found this post. I have been testing every day since I got my BFP just to make sure the line got darker. Thankfully it is. With both my mc, I noticed the line didn't get darker after a few days - I was still squinting to see it.

Hopefully, this bean is a keeper!

:hug:

I used a test called 'Answer' and yes they go darker. I also used ClearBlue Digital so there was no room for error. It will tell you on a screen 'Pregnant' or 'Not Pregnant' so you don't have to keep squinting your eyes looking for lines.

mine av defo got lots darker withing just a wk ! last wk i was putting the test over top of the lamp ! then 2days was there straight away and very clear,still gona do a one every few days...like u cerilou in terrified of mc again:( think it does mean ur levels are goin higher,it must do !

my lines aren't getting darker over the last week, but i think it has only been 1 week since implantation and i'm not even brave enough to change my status on here although i think i am preg. does that mean that it's not a sticky bean or is it just too early for the lines to be getting darker?

Hun,
Day by Day as ur testing on a HPT yes it will get darker if your HCG levels are rising now if it gets dark and then a cpl of days u test again and it gets lighters it means its a sign of a Chemical pregnancy...Good Luck check with ur dr for HCg Levels and also your Progestrone...Good Luck!!!

lulu

hope, lulu is right. I didn't test all at once. I think I had a like 4-5 days in between each test. So if your lines aren't changing too much don't worry. But if you test like a week later, or 4 days later and the lines are lighter, you probably want to test again, and if it's still lighter, test again or go to the doc. Like everyone said above, it's not science, but it's helpful.

I have used FRER with FMU and the lines get darker every day (the bottom one is the last but wasn't even fmu but darker still than yesterdays).

I would say FRER are a good indicator of rising HCG levels

Attachments

• pos series.jpg
    pos series.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 106
Yes & no from me

The reason ...with Caitlin I tested loads I mean LOADS & at around 7 weeks my tests appeared lighter they wereup and down not faint just not always the darkest or as dark as the day before etc

Someone said to me they got darker lines in the afternoon - maybe on second bathroom trip rather than fmu which I did (1 in morning 1 a couple of hours later) and funnily enough the afternoon one was darker!

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"