Date fruit helps labor

Crikey, I think they'd be massive! I've just found out the dates I bought earlier, and 6 weigh 38g all together!

Based on 38g total for 6 dates, I believe they would contain 25.84g of sugar.

Google tells me that bananas have 15.6g of sugar per 100g, and an average banana weighs 120g, so a banana has about 18.72g of sugar. So there is more sugar in 6 dates than in 1 average banana, by quite a large amount! It seems that raisins have about the same amount of sugar per 100g as dates.

ETA - Ooh, Kyla. Your bananas have more sugar than the ones I found. If they have 20g of sugar per 100g, then an average banana has about 24g of sugar, so not that much less than is in 6 dates.

This is what I buy: https://www.samsclub.com/sams/mariani-pitted-dates-40-ounce/prod3360396.ip
Says serving size 6-7 dates is ~25g of sugar.
"Serving Size 6-7 dates (40g) Calories 120 Calories from Fat 120 Total Fat 0 g Saturated Fat 0 g Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g Monounsaturated Fat 0 g Trans Fat 0 g Cholesterol 0 mg Sodium 0 mg Potassium 230 mg Total Carbohydrate 30 g Dietary Fiber 8 g Sugars 25 g Protein 1 g Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 2% Iron 2% * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs."

This is what I buy: https://www.samsclub.com/sams/mariani-pitted-dates-40-ounce/prod3360396.ip
Says serving size 6-7 dates is ~25g of sugar.
"Serving Size 6-7 dates (40g) Calories 120 Calories from Fat 120 Total Fat 0 g Saturated Fat 0 g Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g Monounsaturated Fat 0 g Trans Fat 0 g Cholesterol 0 mg Sodium 0 mg Potassium 230 mg Total Carbohydrate 30 g Dietary Fiber 8 g Sugars 25 g Protein 1 g Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 2% Iron 2% * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs."

Awesome, that backs up my questionable maths skills, at least :)

Wouldn't 6 dates a day give you serious diarrhoea??????

Nope. I easily eat 10-15 a day (usually in one sitting). I'm still constipated, but more likely to have a bowel movement every 1-2 days vs 3-4 without eating them.
I can buy a huge bag of fresh pitted dates at the grocery store that lasts for quite a while and it's not that expensive.

Actually, I'm thinking of prunes! ;-)

we always buy one box of fresh dates for a weeks supply. 2 adults and my toddler loves them too. i just ate a lot of them :haha:

Turns out dates are delicious. Om nom nom! :D I don't think I'll struggle to eat 6 of these a day!

I used to eat 3-4 dates per day during my pregnancy. I love dates. They contains proteins, many vitamins, fiber and low in fat. They helps to relieve constipation also. Here is the list of 8 benefits of eating dates during pregnancy https://www.momjunction.com/articles/surprising-benefits-of-dates-during-pregnancy_0075704/

I've been eating dates as well! Super fruit. Like everyone suggested, try eating two with breakfast, two for lunch, and than two for dessert.

Wow this is an old thread when is as having my 3rd and must say dates gave me a super fast labour , as baby was out within 30 mins of reaching hospital, also I had lots of energy and was home 3 hours after giving birth, had showered and changed to.. Def going to start taking them again this time around. They helped me immensely!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->