Dates not known, will I get a early scan??

holl1109

Mum to 1 & baking the 2nd
Reaction score
Just questions for uk mums to be, I'm unsure of my dates as my periods are so messy after having dd. The doctor mentioned today that my midwife may scan me early to date. Has anyone had this? X does it mean u don't get a 12 week scan? X

I got an early scan with DS, due to an early MC beforehand. I had to go from 9 to 21 weeks without a scan.

This time, no one seems to be able to date me, as I have 42 day cycles, so I'm seeing what they give me. Obviously, I'll take what I'm given, but yes, in some PCTs, you'll have to forgo the 12 week scan; I'm under Calderdale and Kirklees (Halifax and Huddersfield)
xxx

i wasn't sure about my dates when i had my daughter and i'm not hundred percent sure this time either as i've had a few hectic months, but i wasn't offered an early scan each time, they've just roughly estimated as to when i 'think' i had my lmp and booked me in for 12 week scan.

I had an early scan due to long cycles at 8 weeks and I've got another planned for 12 weeks so they can do the NT test. If your trust offer that screening then they have to offer you a scan at 12-14 weeks. Hopefully you'll get both. I'm in Scotland though and the NHS here is funded a bit differently.

When I found out I was pregnant and finally got to see a midwife I worked out I could be between 9 and 13 weeks pregnant. The midwife said they couldn't get me in for an early scan and I had to wait about 3 weeks for one, it worked out I was 11+6 on my scan date. If I had have been 13 weeks I wouldn't have had my first scan till I was 16 weeks.

I was not sure on dates with my son due to having a mc the month before he was conceived so they took the earliest date I could guesstimate and counted 12 weeks on. That was my 12 week scan, so they didn't do another but I measured 9wks 6days.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->