Daughter not settled in school

Mumof42009

Mum Of 4 Preemie's
Reaction score
I posted in here before that my daughter wasn't settled in school and I was having huge problems with her then, well things have got worse and really don't know what to do :cry:.
She crys every morning to go to school and when her class mates see her crying they call her names such as baby and other stuff, this mainly happens at dinner times. I have been into the school so many times and spoke to the teacher who assures me that my dd has settled in and has friends.
It's not just this as well my dd has changed so much since she started school she is very agressive towards me and her sister's/ bro, she spends alot of her time at home crying. I really don't know what to do, my ex is a waste of space as all he suggests is moving her school's which would be a huge problem because my 9yr old is settled there and I can't be in 2 places at once.
Any advice or help would be appericated.:flower:

How old is she, is it her first year? If so, could you take her out of school and put her back in next year when she might be more ready for it? If the teachers seem to think there is no obvious problem such as bullying, then it sounds more like her personality just isn't suited to school at the moment. Could you consider home educating for a while? Hope you find an answer and she is feeling more settled soon.

Thank you for your reply, she's in reception and one of the youngest. She was also a preemie so by her due date, she would of started school this sept I don't think she was ready to start at all and think this is the problem. Thanks for the things in suggested I will look into them.

hi my son is the youngest in his year, he is in yr one but all his friends who are 1 month younger than him are in reception, we asked about him a sarting a year later but itwasnt allowed as i would loose the choice of shcool i wanted and he would just go in to yr 1 instead of starting in reception so he would have been no etter off.

Hi,

I'm a school business manager in a primary school and see lots of children getting upset as they are going into school and when it's home time but I can honestly say that largely these children really are fine during the school day (obviously there are exceptions). If lunchtime is a problem for her then maybe she could have/chose a buddy each day/week. If things don't improve then ask for a meeting with all the classroom staff the teaching assistants are often more hands on during play/lunchtimes so need to be aware too.

I wouldn't suggest taking her out for a while as she'd still have to go back into that class/year group with possible gaps in her knowledge.

Sorry I don't have any constructive advice.

Hope things improve!
X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"