Day off - what to doooo???

sunshine114

Reaction score
So tomorrow my parents are having ds from 9 until tea time so I have the whole day to myself. They have him quite often for all or part of the day, but I'm usually either at school, or it is a weekend when I have so much work to do (like writing reports!) that I usually use the time to do that. So far this holiday I've used any time they have him to get some planning for next term done. Now that's all done, and I have no more work left to do (other than to in to school on Tuesday to get my room ready) I have NO idea what to do. It has honestly been so long since I had a day off without any school stuff to do, even last summer I was finishing part of a masters degree so didn't really have any time off, I have no idea what to do!!

DH has just sent me to have a bath because every suggestion I have starts with the word "clean..." (Oven, bathroom, top of cupboards etc!)

I'm already booked to have my nails done on Thursday so don't want to do that (I usually spend one night a week doing a home mani/pedi, but am treating myself)

I need some suggestions - what can a work a holic, a week away from going back to school, and 5 days away from payday (so poor!) do on a day off?!

Long walk with ipod at an adult pace all the way to the swimming pool for a leisurely adult swim and lunch in peace while reading a book :lol: home for a nap and a lie on the couch to read a book or watch crap telly (most probably with an alcoholic beverage of some sort ;) ) Have a lovely day and enjoy!

Long walk with ipod at an adult pace all the way to the swimming pool for a leisurely adult swim and lunch in peace while reading a book :lol: home for a nap and a lie on the couch to read a book or watch crap telly (most probably with an alcoholic beverage of some sort ;) ) Have a lovely day and enjoy!

Apart from the swimming (I'd drown!) that all sounds great. I like the idea of lunch.... And a nap!

I actually just said to DH "what do normal people do on a day off," haha, so long since I've been normal and chaos free!!! :haha:

my parents have LO tomorrow, mum told me to chill out, watch tv, read etc so im going with them now as i know ill just end up cleaning all day :(. i dont do the whole 'me time' xx

Yip me too! That is actually my dream day and has happened only about twice in 4 years :haha:

Haha, at least I know there are other people like me out there!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->