Daycare Anxiety

DreaminOfBaby

2nd Trimester
Reaction score
My sister watches my daughter for me while I work and has just informed me that her and her husband would like to get back into going to Church on Sundays, a day I tend to work, and that she can still watch my daughter on Sundays but she'll have to go into the Church Day Care with my niece while they attend service.

She let me know in advance so that I could decide what to do because she knows how I feel about day care. A while back I was trying to get the state to pay her to watch my daughter so I could attend work and a class they're making me take in order to get state assistance and they won't do it and told me to put her in day care so I got upset because I really don't want to put her in day care.

She's my first child so I tend to have a lot of anxiety when it comes to her and her well being. I'm not saying I think Day Cares are horrible or anything like that, I just really didn't want her in one. The whole point of having my sister watch her was so that she was with someone she knows and not total strangers. I just don't know about putting her in day care, with strangers, other kids that might pick on her, kids that are sick. I dunno, I know I'm paranoid. All I can think of is: They don't know her, they don't know all her quirks. They don't know her routine. What if she has her paci and they take it away from her, what if some other kid sticks it in his mouth. What if something disappears from my diaper bag. What if they give her something I wouldn't want her to have.

I was going to make a pro and co list but the only pro I can think of is that she'll get a chance to socialize and interact with other children. I think the biggest thing I don't like is that while interacting with other children, and strangers, I or my sister won't be there to supervise the interaction. I also don't like the fact of total strangers watching my kid. Yeah it'll only be for about 2 hours, and maybe only once or twice a month as my mom takes her every other weekend b/c she has every other weekend off, but still.

If I don't want her to go I have no one else to watch her, my mom can but she works third shift so that would mean she wouldn't get any sleep during the day. And I really don't want to cause a problem for my sister or be unfair to her and make it seem like I don't want her going to church but it's kinda bugging me that she knows how I feel about day care, they haven't gone to church for the longest time now, I'm paying HER out of my pocket which I can barely afford to watch my daughter so that she wouldn't have to go to daycare and now all the sudden they decide they want to go back and I feel like I'm being forced into doing something I really don't want to do and I kinda think that's unfair to me.

I dunno, like I said I know I'm probably (no most likely) being paranoid but I can't help my anxiety. I have a lot of new mom anxieties. So I thought I'd post here and see what you guys think. Do any of you have kids in day care? What are your experiences?

My daughter attends nursery three days a week. We did settling in sessions which included a session where I stayed with her for the entire time. She seemed really happy which eased my mind.

Could you take a Sunday off and join your sister at church and sit in your daughter in the day care? If you've been there and see your daughter happy there it may ease your mind?

xx

Thanks for responding. I was thinking about doing that. I might just see if I can, it's the only thing I can think of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->