Daycare at 2-3months old?

suzan

Reaction score
I am analyzing a job offer I just got and they accepted waiting for me until Feb. Baby will be 2-3 months old by then, and then if it will happen, I will have to take into consideration putting him in a day care :cry:

I have no family members with me there, so I cannot put him anywhere else. I am checking on all alternatives, and see what's best for my child, ONLY.

So? Is putting a baby at that age wrong in a daycare? I am asking as I still dont have him, and still am not a mother.

Susan, I don't think there is a right or wrong answer here. I think it is all down to choice, some of us have a choice, some don't. A girlfriend of mine had to go back after 2 weeks off work, small company and no maternity. She opted to share a nanny with a couple of other mothers. That way, it was in home care, few kids and better for her little one and made her feel better. My best friend did the same with her kids. It worked out way better for both of them than taking their kids to daycare.

no set age really but you may feel different once the baby is here i know alot of women have trouble leaving their baby to go back to work especially at that age i still dont want to leave mine now you may feel differently so its totally down to you good luck with it x

Carlee was in daycare at 2 weeks old, Only because Im a youth counsellor and had many kdis on sucide watch who needed me on top of being a new mom. It was hard I wont lie but Its also made carlee very social and she picks up on things other kids do such as walking, talking, crawling. another thing you need to think about are you going ot breastfeed? will work allow you time to pump and etc? Also what about sick days? kids do pick up alot from daycare and you need to be ready for everything

In US maternity leaves are very short and women usually end up putting their kids to daycare at a young age.
I was fortunate enough to get 10 months off,but then she's starting nursery.

I think if you search around and do some exploring you'll find there are plenty good daycare's and your LO will be just fine.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->