Days off work due to nausea... Am I being a wimp?

Jemsybabes

Cautiously Expecting #3
Reaction score
I'm around 6 weeks pregnant and have had nausea on and off from around 10dpo. In the past day or two it's stepped up a gear and I feel nauseous all day. I've tried eating little and often (its worse when I'm hungry but nothing appeals to me to eat), I've tried travel bands, ginger etc and nothing appeases it. Anyway this morning I felt really bad so phoned in sick to work. Now I'm feeling like a bit of a wimp because I'm not actually being sick just really nauseous all the time.
Anyone been in the same boat? Any opinions that I should pull myself together are also welcome!
I should add that I've had two previous full term pregnancies and wasn't this sick with either!

No, you're not. Either that, or we both are wimps because I've called in sick today too :haha:

Noone can say your a wimp cause noone can feel what your fewling just now. Do your work know that your pregnant?

Feeling sick can be just as bad as actually being sick, I don't blame you for phoning I .

I wish I could call in sick...

"Hello? Children? Yes, today mummy won't be going to work today, so don't touch the knives or toaster, I'll see you tomorrow"

You are most certainly NOT being a whimp! Last week I was so bad my husband had to take a day off work to look after the three kids cus I couldn't even get out of bed.

I hope it passes quickly for you :hugs:

Aw thanks girls you've made me feel a bit less ridiculous! Didnt ever miss a day due to nausea with previous pregnancies which is why i was feeling a bit silly!
I agree though that feeling sick is worse than being sick. At times i would love to throw up because it feels like the only thing that would help.
Work doesn't know I'm pregnant - i work in a mostly male-dominated office so really don't want them knowing until they have to - I've also had losses previously so keeping everything quiet for now!

"Hello? Children? Yes, today mummy won't be going to work today, so don't touch the knives or toaster, I'll see you tomorrow"

Haha this made me giggle! I know the feeling - there's no such thing as time off with other kids running around! I only work part time and the days I'm at home with the kids are difficult with the fatigue and nausea! Have to guiltily confess that I've plonked my kids down in front of the odd dvd in the past few days x

no you are not a wimp and no vomiting only takes the edge of for a few minutes for me ... last week I worked from home due to being too sick

and yes I have also plonked my DD infront of the TV one too many times this pregnancy but its the only way I get to rest even if its just to lay on the couch in front of the TV myself LOL

I think nausea is so much worse than being sick! I'd rather be sick and get it over with than that god awful feeling when your mouth fills with saliva and you feel like you're gunna puke.

Haha this made me giggle! I know the feeling - there's no such thing as time off with other kids running around! I only work part time and the days I'm at home with the kids are difficult with the fatigue and nausea! Have to guiltily confess that I've plonked my kids down in front of the odd dvd in the past few days x

Don't feel guilty. I didn't even put a dvd on yesterday, I made them watch reruns of The Great British Bakeoff! :rofl:

I have taken 4 and a half days off through sickness and bad nausea. Sadly for me Im a student midwife so I have to make up the hours! Not that I know where Im going to fit in extra shifts!

You are most certainly NOT being a whimp! Last week I was so bad my husband had to take a day off work to look after the three kids cus I couldn't even get out of bed.

I hope it passes quickly for you :hugs:

Lol I am in the fortunate position as a supply teacher ( at the advanced age of 44!) that I have stopped work for now. It's such a mental and physical shock! And yes I'm nauseous all the time and needing to lie down a lot. There's no way I could do 10 hours at school right now!! Respect to everyone going to work and absolutely take time off if you need to - your health and Baby comes first. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->