daytime sleeping advice needed please

Carolyn

Reaction score
abigail is 9 weeks old today!

she goes most days without sleep!

now i know when she's tired so i want some advice on how to settle her to sleep. i don't want to mimic our nighttime routine, it is flawed, but it works for us!!

last night she slept from half ten til half three, then four til half six, then seven til half ten. all in her own bed! (well most of it)

wenever you put her down in the day, when she's fallen asleep on you, she wakes up immediately and screams blue murder!

she used to get enough sleep because she slept in my arms after feeding in hospital and for about 3 weeks at home cos i had stitches and felt so ill. now she fights it and even if she could go to sleep on me, i need to be doing stuff now, not holding her while she sleeps!

she rarely sleeps when i take her out in the pram, or car seat. oh can rock her to sleep but can't put her down (she wakes and screams)

she slept for four hours in pram with dummy on mon, but won't take dummy since.

she slept for ten and a half hours last night, that's not enough in total for the day?

also she wants to suck to sleep, so she's dozing on me now, if i remove boob, she'll wake up.

oh says if she's tired, she'll sleep. she bloody doesn't!!!!!!!!

shall i start leaving her to cry herself to sleep? what can i try ladies? (i know we've created some bad habits haven't we?)

sorry for the long post, i've rambled...basically any advice on how to get little one 'down' during the day...

i'll shut up now :dohh:

I use the same sleep routine, but as Bren is older it is now easier. I think I started using the swing with Bren was that age for naps. I could nurse him to sleep, then lay him in it, and rock him back down. It made me feel like a horrible lazy mother, but it worked.

I use the same sleep routine, but as Bren is older it is now easier. I think I started using the swing with Bren was that age for naps. I could nurse him to sleep, then lay him in it, and rock him back down. It made me feel like a horrible lazy mother, but it worked.

what kind of swing was it? she loves movement so that could be a winner! why would you feel like a bad mom?

also, how is it easier now bren is older?

sorry for the questions!
:blush:

One of the battery operated swings.

https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41DcfcZLXYL._AA280_.jpg

I found that while he was not a fan of the swing when he was awake. I could get him to sleep, and lay him in it and turn it on and he would take good naps.

I guess using it to get him to sleep just made me feel like I was being a lazy mother who could not get her child to sleep in a craddle or had the patience to get him to sleep in it. Silly issue, but still.

As a baby gets older their internal sleep system matures, and it is easier for them to got to sleep. When Bren was 9 weeks, it took a minimum of 20 minutes of rocking before I could lay him down, now I can do it in 5 most times. At about 4 months, they begin (or should) begin to learn to self sooth. In all, it takes 40 weeks for a baby to mature sleep wise, hence all the night time troubles.

guess what madam's getting for xmas?! (she'll get it early i think!!)

thanks for the info...makes sense, i think sometimes i expect too much from her!

i'm going to take her out in the pram for a bit! that's better than her being attached to my boob!

as they get older do they lose interest in the boob, she's a complete boobie monster¬!!!!!!!!!!

thanks again, :hugs:

Have you tried laying her on her tummy during the day?

Amelia won't settle on her own unless she is on her tummy with the dummy (when she is asleep she it spits out).

Or

I put her in the bouncer chair with the activity music mobile thingy above her and she can seem to settle in there, but it is a bit hit and miss.

Our night time routine was ok but recently when i feed her like your LO she would fall asleep on me then i put her in the crib and she wakes up! So now daddy has to have her on his chest till she is asleep with no dummy then i can put her down...

Yeah, give her a couple more weeks, and the booby will slow down.

Ive been having the exact same problems as you. I have just started swaddling Salim again. Before his feed, I swaddle him in just a cotton sheet quite tightly so its like he is being cuddled. When he feeds, I burp him then put him in his pram awake(he hates the moses basket)I put him on his side with a cover behind his back and move away from the pram,he has started sleeping 3 or 4 hours at a time during the day now, It is a big difference considering a few days ago he was sleeping just 30 minutes maybe 3 or 4 times during the day.

Max is starting to only nap once during the day ..which is killing me as I cant do any house chores :( But Ive noticed he will only sleep in his swing or playpen during the day I tired him out its the only way...he plays in his playpen for 20 min then in his jumper for 10 and the other 30 min is on the couch with mom chilling till he rubs his eyes ..once he does that its dummy in the mouth and hes gone

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->