• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

DD and DS were HOmebirths - not so sure for no 3?

Torianna

Reaction score
I had 2 fantastic home births,the first lasting 4 hours from first pain and then the next taking 3 hours total too. Text book deliveries, both before my due date. I loved the experience.

Now number 3 is on the way, the thought of a home birth is making me anxious - my mw said it might be now I'm a little older (wiser?!) I'm more cautious (I was 24 with my first, 26 with my second and only 29 now).

It's like I feel I've been too lucky previously and I should go to hospital in case my luck has run out, but then equally there isn't likely to be a lot of time to get to the hosp 15 miles away.

Please share your thoughts and experiences girls x

I can understand why you feel anxious. I had an amazing delivery last time, and sometimes I think "Can I really get that lucky again??" I posted a thread in this section not too long ago about how I was feeling. I got great advice about relaxing into it and trusting your body to do the job it was designed to do. I got out my old hypno birthing book and started reviewing some daily affirmations. It's helped a lot. :hugs:

I think if someone else asked my opinion on it, I'd say they were being daft and like you say, to trust our bodies. We're marvellous beings after all!

Put your mind and heart in the right place, and the rest will follow!

Also consider that if you had two positive birthing experiences, you're much more likely to have a third positive experience!

I felt the same way early on this pregnancy - had 2 fantastic home births and wondered if I truly could have a 3rd. Found out at 17 weeks that there are two babies in there, so no home birth for me. Even though I'm terrified of a hospital birth, I've come to terms with it a bit and realize that a year from now, it won't matter how the birth went or where it took place, if that makes sense?

Anyway, I hope you do get your 3rd home birth, but even if you don't, there's still going to be an amazing precious baby to hold at the end. :flower:

Going to hospital stressed me out and I believe it slowed down my labour so this time I'm staying put at home. Its your decision, well done on your last 2 home births!

It could be that your intuition is telling you that there's a reason that this birth will be better in a hospital. but I do also think its normal to experience apprehension around birth, no matter how many times youve done it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->