Debate: Capital punishment

I just had an interesting though along the lines of capital punishment (kind of)

This mad man on the loosed in newcastle area. That has killed one man. Seriously injured his ex and a police officer by shooting them.

Should the poilce be allowed to shoot him?

xx

Yes, armed and dangerous people need to be taken down.
Police should always attempt other methods first and if needed shoot the suspect in an arm, leg away from the chest or head.

I don't know how it is where you are from, but here in Canada, police officers are only allowed to shoot to kill. He poses a threat for sure, but I don't think they should shoot him without him doing something first.

I just had an interesting though along the lines of capital punishment (kind of)

This mad man on the loosed in newcastle area. That has killed one man. Seriously injured his ex and a police officer by shooting them.

xx

Police should always attempt other methods first and if needed shoot the suspect in an arm, leg away from the chest or head.

I don't know how it is where you are from, but here in Canada, police officers are only allowed to shoot to kill. He poses a threat for sure, but I don't think they should shoot him without him doing something first.

I am in Canada as of this year but before was in Los Angeles,CA (USA).
It was common that an armed person would be shot (not to kill) if they had a weapon.

Just saw this for Canadian law:

Self-defense against unprovoked assault

34. (1) Every one who is unlawfully assaulted without having provoked the assault is justified in repelling force by force if the force he uses is not intended to cause death or grievous bodily harm and is no more than is necessary to enable him to defend himself.

I saw it isn't as loose as where I came from, like you can't shoot if the suspect just happens to have a deadly weapon but still you are supposed to not use deadly force from what it looks like.

xx

I am in Canada as of this year but before was in Los Angeles,CA (USA).
It was common that an armed person would be shot (not to kill) if they had a weapon.

Just saw this for Canadian law:

Self-defense against unprovoked assault

34. (1) Every one who is unlawfully assaulted without having provoked the assault is justified in repelling force by force if the force he uses is not intended to cause death or grievous bodily harm and is no more than is necessary to enable him to defend himself.

I saw it isn't as loose as where I came from, like you can't shoot if the suspect just happens to have a deadly weapon but still you are supposed to not use deadly force from what it looks like.

That is true...they have to use other means...such as a taser or their baton...but, if they are shooting, then they don't aim for the arm...this is according to my hubby who is an auxiliary RCMP officer.

I suppose they aim for the torso, largets area in the body so my likely to hit?
xx

The torso is the worst area to hit if u dont want to kill someone :shrug: Loads of organs in there not to mention the HUGE femoral artery thats in your groin.

I'd say aim for maybe a knee, enough to take them down

A well trained officer shouldn't really miss regardless of where they aim

my ohs in the army and part of his job is to shoot people and hes got a terrible aim, hed be rubbish lol

my ohs in the army and part of his job is to shoot people and hes got a terrible aim, hed be rubbish lol

but if he infantry trained? if not he isn't going to have the best aim as he hasn't been specially trained

The officers in the police that generally go out to shoot as specially trained so shouldn't really miss

I know that but they always say go for the larger area and there is less chance of missing. I am not sayin thats what I think, I'm saying it' what they say
xx

no. definitely not. an eye for an eye is silly imo. killing someone because they killed makes u just as bad i think.

I don't believe in an eye for an eye, but if someone did anything to Jake I really don't know how I would react, if I ever had the chance to seek 'revenge'!

I don't believe in an eye for an eye, but if someone did anything to Jake I really don't know how I would react, if I ever had the chance to seek 'revenge'!

i agree.
if it happened to us and a family member was killed, wed all want revenge and for that person to suffer as much as possible...well i no thats how i would feel.

but i do no if anyone hurt zane, i would kill them no questions asked if i cud get away with it hahaha

i was watching crime channel and there was a story of a karate teacher who kidnapped his student , the teacher had become a member of the family was trusted and always around there house.

he then called the parents sayin they would never see there 11 yr old son again, well they found the boy who had, had his hair dyed black and cut.
they then found out this "man" had been raping his son for yrs. the "man" was being bought back by plane to be put away and the father of the boy found out when it was, went to the airport and shot the man in the head on live tv.

the father of the son was found basicaly not guilty and only had to do communty service. i thought it was great after what that thing did to his son, any parent would feel the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->