Debate: Capital punishment

who says he will suffer for the rest of his life knowing what he did? alot of killers dont give a rats ass about what they have done. and seen as he could slit a babies throat for playing up shows hes a heartless monster who wont care

If someone slit a baby's throat they will live alone without contact w/any prisoners because they would be murdered if they did [in jail].
So I don't know, solitary confinement and always worrying that a prisoner is going to randomly murder them for their entire life sounds like more torture to me.

The thought of the lethal injection freaks me out. Law Abiding Citizen anyone? :|

YES i was gonna post, but couldnt remember the name :dohh:

I dont think lethal injection is pain free at all... just the person is unable to communicate... i imagine it to be like when people are under anaesthesia, but can feel everything... they cant ask for help. I always thought thats what made lethal injection look so "calm"

Whether or not thats actually how it works i dunno, but its food for thought.
x

The thought of the lethal injection freaks me out. Law Abiding Citizen anyone? :|

I dont think lethal injection is pain free at all... just the person is unable to communicate... i imagine it to be like when people are under anaesthesia, but can feel everything... they cant ask for help. I always thought thats what made lethal injection look so "calm"

x

A good amount of lethal injections take a while because they are unable to find suitable veins. They just keep poking. One I think it took over an hour.

x

That movie just freaked me out about CP more than the thought of killing someone already did. I know that's probably an extreme case of things gone wrong for a movie, but still, these things do happen. Wrong medicine doses, etc. :/

I think lethal injection in a nice peaceful way to die...I am sure many of us would love to die so peacefully (when it's our time). IF they brought back the death penalty, which I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to, as in earlier comments, I have said those who rape and murder children, or serial killers etc, where there is DNA evidence that they 100% did it...then, personally, I think the families should decide how they die. Again, back to the little girl who died about a week ago...she was 5 years old and her step-dad slit her throat for 'acting up' and her mother had to try to do CPR and watched her little girl die...the slit in her throat was letting all the air out....I think HIS throat should be slit too. I guess that's the evil side of me coming through, but I know that girl suffered. Her mom heard her scream, she was clutching her throat. Why should the a$$shole who did it get off with a so-called 'life-sentence' or even lethal injection??? I feel like an arse for saying it, but I want him to suffer. That girl is forever gone, and the mom will have horrid memories of hearing her daughter's last scream, and watching her daughter die, helplessly. That will never go away.

i cant even imagine what that poor woman is going thru now the man she loved killing her daughter, and that poor baby :(
i too think like u in cases like this, they should be killed the way they did it to that person, but then again whos job would it be to do that n wouldnt that then make them just as bad.

my ex always said get other prisoners to do it

I know...I wouldn't be able to. But, I wish at least that he would suffer horribly, but I doubt he will. He will probably only serve a little time, as apparently it was his first offense. Then he can move on. This is why jails should be bread, water, toilet, bed...and life should mean life. I have no problem with my tax dollars going to keep monsters like him in jail forever. No problem at all...but, only if it is true punishment. My kid's time-outs are harsher than some of these jails!!! Anyways, I am usually against the death penalty...REALLY against it. But, this little girl's story has really affected me. As I write this, I am crying. I have a five year old girl...and it really struck a nerve. If someone did that to my baby...God help me...I don't know what I would do.

x

That movie just freaked me out about CP more than the thought of killing someone already did. I know that's probably an extreme case of things gone wrong for a movie, but still, these things do happen. Wrong medicine doses, etc. :/

Here's some mentions of botched lethal injections.

https://joesbotchedexecutions.blogspot.com/

who would apply for the job anyway, employed to kill, I would actually be worried if anyone applied :shrug:

x

Here's some mentions of botched lethal injections.

https://joesbotchedexecutions.blogspot.com/

They had to poke me several times to get a good IV when I had my section....a normal person suffers more. I don't care if they suffer to get a needle in. I give myself four needles a day!! No big deal.

I think lethal injection in a nice peaceful way to die...I am sure many of us would love to die so peacefully (when it's our time). IF they brought back the death penalty, which I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to, as in earlier comments, I have said those who rape and murder children, or serial killers etc, where there is DNA evidence that they 100% did it...then, personally, I think the families should decide how they die. Again, back to the little girl who died about a week ago...she was 5 years old and her step-dad slit her throat for 'acting up' and her mother had to try to do CPR and watched her little girl die...the slit in her throat was letting all the air out....I think HIS throat should be slit too. I guess that's the evil side of me coming through, but I know that girl suffered. Her mom heard her scream, she was clutching her throat. Why should the a$$shole who did it get off with a so-called 'life-sentence' or even lethal injection??? I feel like an arse for saying it, but I want him to suffer. That girl is forever gone, and the mom will have horrid memories of hearing her daughter's last scream, and watching her daughter die, helplessly. That will never go away.

i cant even imagine what that poor woman is going thru now the man she loved killing her daughter, and that poor baby :(
i too think like u in cases like this, they should be killed the way they did it to that person, but then again whos job would it be to do that n wouldnt that then make them just as bad.

my ex always said get other prisoners to do it

I know...I wouldn't be able to. But, I wish at least that he would suffer horribly, but I doubt he will. He will probably only serve a little time, as apparently it was his first offense. Then he can move on. This is why jails should be bread, water, toilet, bed...and life should mean life. I have no problem with my tax dollars going to keep monsters like him in jail forever. No problem at all...but, only if it is true punishment. My kid's time-outs are harsher than some of these jails!!! Anyways, I am usually against the death penalty...REALLY against it. But, this little girl's story has really affected me. As I write this, I am crying. I have a five year old girl...and it really struck a nerve. If someone did that to my baby...God help me...I don't know what I would do.

anything to do with children being killed, harmed hits a nerve with me too, when zane was 5 months my mum thought it would be a good idea to tell me that a man raped a 5 month old baby while a woman fed her a bottle! i was like u stupid woman i dont wana no that, i wudnt let go of zane for a week straight.

id love this man to be able to just feel the pain he put that girl thru. im a firm believer in life being life n they only get out in a wooden box

I just had an interesting though along the lines of capital punishment (kind of)

This mad man on the loosed in newcastle area. That has killed one man. Seriously injured his ex and a police officer by shooting them.

Should the poilce be allowed to shoot him?

xx

I just had an interesting though along the lines of capital punishment (kind of)

This mad man on the loosed in newcastle area. That has killed one man. Seriously injured his ex and a police officer by shooting them.

xx

Yes imo. He is a danger to himself and more importantly to others. After what happened in Cumbria I think its more important to uphold the safety of the other members of the public and the police :flower:

Thats what I thought. As he is a huge threat. But I didn't know how others would react to me saying that
xx

I think they should be able to shoot him, yes. He is a danger to the public and himself. It's not like he is sat in a cell somewhere where people can keep an eye on him. He's on the loose and is unpredictable

xx

Yes, armed and dangerous people need to be taken down.
Police should always attempt other methods first and if needed shoot the suspect in an arm, leg away from the chest or head.

xx

Yes, armed and dangerous people need to be taken down.
Police should always attempt other methods first and if needed shoot the suspect in an arm, leg away from the chest or head.

agreed, as a final choice, no other option then they should shoot to disarm NOT to kill

Yep, but only to enable them to catch him - not shooting to kill, like what happened to Jean charles de menezes on the tube.

If he is firing at them then obv take him down asap, but if he is just hiding in a tree or whatever, try other methods first.

x

The man who is an active danger to himself and others is different to someone being executed whilst safely in prison and strapped to a chair.

This is an interesting topic.......

I have not had chance to look through all posts so forgive me for duplicating if i do.

We have this as a moral dilemma at work in one of my groups (I work with criminals at Probation)

The genral concensus is that they (offenders) tend to agree when it invoves paedophilia.

My somewhat confused opinion is that.......

I'm torn!!!

Yes I think that it would act as a deterrant in some ways

My intial instinct is that for serial killers and violent sex offenders then I would not be horrified to hear they had been given the death sentence

HOWEVER...............

I feel like people such as Ian Huntley (who has tried numerous times to commit suicide) deserve to rot in jail constantly haunted by what he has done.

What I'm trying to say is that I feel that for some serious offenders its just like giving them an easy way out!

I do think its a very complicated subject due to many factors and it would be hard to judge cases on an individual basis.....but that is probably the fairest way........but then who are the people making this decision?????

Its a difficult one - sorry if my post makes no sense - it demonstrates how confusing I find this debate

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->