Debate: Capital punishment

Hm, which brings us to this...

IF the death penalty was brought back, what method do you approve/disapprove of?

Personally, I think the whole thing is disgusting but if anything, I'd probably stick to the lethal injection. Gassing is horrible as is the electric chair. Firing squad is horrendous too. Theyve all been known to prolong suffering. There was on case (I forget the prisoner) where he was gassed and went crazy after a few breaths and started to thrash his head on a metal pole over and over and over until he lost conciousness. They had to clear the viewing gallery and the executioner said he'd never perform another execution using gas.

Off note-i shouldhave added that when i mentioned people making mistakes i was talking about minor offences-not serious offences,of course comitting murder isn't a mistake! so sorry bout that :)

I don't think CP would act as a deterrant as those that commit serious offences don't think about getting caught IMO.Alot of those i work with-when asked, have not actually considered the consequences of their actions at all.

going back to a previous post that mad who slit that 5 yr olds throat should be hung, i was so shocked when i read that :(

personaly for some crimes why shouldnt the guilty person suffer? after all they made the person(s) suffer who they killed. so i think if they were killed by injection its over too quick for them.
but i doubt it would ever come back in this country anyway.

off topic (disgusting)
when my oh was in kenya, in the next villiage they caught a man for stealing, put car tires around him and set him on fire while everyone watched. i really dont get some cultures

We live in a civilised and democratic soceity which is why we don't have CP and why if we did, the execution has to be as painless as possible.
I don't want to live in a country that supports killing people legally.. it's a ridiculous notion and a slippery slope IMO.

We live in a civilised and democratic soceity which is why we don't have CP and why if we did, the execution has to be as painless as possible.
I don't want to live in a country that supports killing people legally.. it's a ridiculous notion and a slippery slope IMO.

Another random, what about a country that allows patients that want to die the option of assisted suicide?

Edit to add: I was told this debate already happened! Sowey!

Another random, what about a country that allows patients that want to die the option of assisted suicide?

i believe in euthanasia 100% and would love to live in a country where people could give up if they wanted to.
we put dogs down when its the best thing so why cant we do whats best for that person.

i wont go on anymore as this should be another thread

We already had that debate :lol: and i think most of us were against euthanasia too...to an extent.

We already had that debate :lol: and i think most of us were against euthanasia too...to an extent.

Oh sorry! Didn't see it! :blush:

See I don't even think I agree with lethal injection, it is a lot of medication being administered by prison officers, not doctors and nurses.. there is room for error there too. A lot of people believe that the man/woman being executed can actually feel and is aware of a lot of what is happening, just unable to express fear or pain because they are given muscle relaxants to paralyze them. (they ARE given the muscle relaxant but not everyone agrees that they feel what happens)

Oh sorry! Didn't see it! :blush:

Its here :flower:

https://www.babyandbump.com/general-chatter/347532-debate-3-should-euthanasia-legal.html

:)

Being from the USA I ALWAYS found this hypocritical of our government.
We want to stop some countries from terrorizing their people with unruly punishments, killing their people....
Well, what about a place like China? Corruption, property crimes such as theft, and smuggling gold, silver or other precious metals are also amongst the 68 crimes that are eligible for the death penalty in China. I believe even if you embarrass the country (like the tainted milk problem that happened) and are responsible in some way you can be put on trial for death.
China executes a ridiculous amount of people and many in masses by firing squad for petty crimes.
I know the US and China have a lot of trading but shouldn't the US propose that a country we work so much with be more tolerant and less brutal to their people?
BTW the USA does have some states that can elect the death penalty for offenses other than murder like rape, especially having to do with children.. https://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/death-penalty-offenses-other-murder

I think lethal injection in a nice peaceful way to die...I am sure many of us would love to die so peacefully (when it's our time). IF they brought back the death penalty, which I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to, as in earlier comments, I have said those who rape and murder children, or serial killers etc, where there is DNA evidence that they 100% did it...then, personally, I think the families should decide how they die. Again, back to the little girl who died about a week ago...she was 5 years old and her step-dad slit her throat for 'acting up' and her mother had to try to do CPR and watched her little girl die...the slit in her throat was letting all the air out....I think HIS throat should be slit too. I guess that's the evil side of me coming through, but I know that girl suffered. Her mom heard her scream, she was clutching her throat. Why should the a$$shole who did it get off with a so-called 'life-sentence' or even lethal injection??? I feel like an arse for saying it, but I want him to suffer. That girl is forever gone, and the mom will have horrid memories of hearing her daughter's last scream, and watching her daughter die, helplessly. That will never go away.

in reply to Blah's question, *IF* it was brought back then I think I would say lethal injection but even that sends a shiver down my spine to be honest, I could never condone capital punishment as a form of punishment, it's just inhumane and well ...... sick

I think lethal injection in a nice peaceful way to die...I am sure many of us would love to die so peacefully (when it's our time). IF they brought back the death penalty, which I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to, as in earlier comments, I have said those who rape and murder children, or serial killers etc, where there is DNA evidence that they 100% did it...then, personally, I think the families should decide how they die. Again, back to the little girl who died about a week ago...she was 5 years old and her step-dad slit her throat for 'acting up' and her mother had to try to do CPR and watched her little girl die...the slit in her throat was letting all the air out....I think HIS throat should be slit too. I guess that's the evil side of me coming through, but I know that girl suffered. Her mom heard her scream, she was clutching her throat. Why should the a$$shole who did it get off with a so-called 'life-sentence' or even lethal injection??? I feel like an arse for saying it, but I want him to suffer. That girl is forever gone, and the mom will have horrid memories of hearing her daughter's last scream, and watching her daughter die, helplessly. That will never go away.

Death is death. Someone is in some pain, discomfort, scared but they die soon enough and it's all over.
To me it's way more of a punishment for horrid criminals to live the rest of their lives in jail, being haunted by their past...always having to look over their shoulder, solitude. Death is too easy. In fact, some murders beg for the death penalty instead of life.
You have to remember people do get wrongly convicted though. I don't feel comfortable of even a 1% chance of killing someone in an inhumane manner for a crime they possibly didn't commit.

i cant even imagine what that poor woman is going thru now the man she loved killing her daughter, and that poor baby :(
i too think like u in cases like this, they should be killed the way they did it to that person, but then again whos job would it be to do that n wouldnt that then make them just as bad.

my ex always said get other prisoners to do it

i cant even imagine what that poor woman is going thru now the man she loved killing her daughter, and that poor baby :(
i too think like u in cases like this, they should be killed the way they did it to that person, but then again whos job would it be to do that n wouldnt that then make them just as bad.

my ex always said get other prisoners to do it

Other prisoners do especially in cases of crimes against children. Those convicted are almost ALWAYS in protective custody and if they let their leash go to far they will easily end up dead.

I understand what your saying but does a eye for a eye really solve anything, nope, is it going to bring back the little girl, nope, is it going to help the mum sleep easier at night, nope, instead make him suffer the best way possible, by making him have to live his life forever knowing what he did, day after day reliving it and torturing his own mind, why give him the easy way out by killing him? :shrug:

The thought of the lethal injection freaks me out. Law Abiding Citizen anyone? :|

who says he will suffer for the rest of his life knowing what he did? alot of killers dont give a rats ass about what they have done. and seen as he could slit a babies throat for playing up shows hes a heartless monster who wont care

i agree with Buttonnose, i dont think it would help at all.

At the end of the day, it would come back to ANOTHER life lost, when other punishments are probably more mentally damaging to the criminal.

Killing someone doesn't solve anything, As sad as it is, as the little girl's mother, i wouldn't want that on my concience either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->