Debate - Choosing sex of children?

I could possibly understand it in a case of say you have several of one gender already and would realy like one of the other.
My uncle had 6 boys befor they gave up, they realy wanted a girl (not instead of their boys but as an addition) and kept trying but for some reason boys are dominant in our family, im only the 2nd girl born in 5 generations yet theres at least 83 boys.
Im a little torn between wanting to have one of each and the though of if I did it and had a girl would I always be wondering and looking at her thinking you could have been a boy if nature had taken its course and I think thats alot to have to come to terms with.
A childs whole world, exsistance, life could be different on a parents one choice like that, dont think I or any human realy deserves that kind of power.

Smokey, but you are a girl so your babies' genders will be dependent on your partner and not your own line. More of an issue with your male siblings or cousins I think though with all those babies clearly there are no actual fertility issues!

Yes, especially in a lot of Asian countries, boys are more welcome...
Correct me if im wrong but isnt there a high abortion rate for female babies in some asian countries and they dont continue on the family name like boys do?

I even remember in the news once about baby girls being left to die in the street becaise they werent boys?

Like i said correct me if im wrong, but if thats the truth that is appaling.

I think it should be left up to chance tbh......would cause too many problems imo. :flower:

It actually varies with asian countries. After so many years of boys being preferred there is a shortage of girls so the payment made to a daughter's family gets higher so more people start wanting girls. It's a constant cycle of supple and demand. Makes it sound a bit like a business to me :shrug:

^ thats so wrong

These are human beings!! Not puppies!

Smokey, but you are a girl so your babies' genders will be dependent on your partner and not your own line. More of an issue with your male siblings or cousins I think though with all those babies clearly there are no actual fertility issues!

No theres no fertility issue just a lack of girls :)

My brother is like that, they've had 5 boys. My sister is on her 3rd boy (2 dads though). We're still waiting to see what mine will be! Long wait!

Albert was the first boy of his generation in my family. My nan kept saying if i had a girl she'd stuff her back in! My Dad was the only boy, as was my brother so it's all resting on him to have a boy to carry on the family name. Unless i never get married, but Albert has a double-barrelled surname.

I don't think anyone would have been genuinely disappointed if i had a girl, i wouldn't have known what to do though, she'd have been a tomboy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->