Debating if we shud start ttc our last baby?

Suggerhoney

♡Praying for a miracle rainbow baby at 43♡
Reaction score
Hi ladies
I know only I can decide when the timing is right but I really cud do with a little helping hand.

Me and my husband have a 9 year old son a 7 year old daughter and a 7 month old baby boy.
I am 40 years old and my husband will be 45 next month. I will be 41 this coming December so time really isnt on our side.

We definitely want to try for our final baby.
Originally we was planning to start trying early next year around feb time.
But since I've been off the pill since Feb and I really thought I mite be pregnant this cycle and then getting 3 BFNs today at 13dpo I felt my heart sink.
Now this has made me re evaluate the whole thing . If I'm feelng disappointed over the BFNs then some where deep down I must be ready to start trying now.
Part of me wants to hold out like first planned but another part of me just wants to crack on and see what happens
I'm frightened that if I leave it untill next year it wont happen because I will be to old.

So my question is.
If you ladies were in my boat and my age wud u wait and risk it or wud u just try ASAP?
I've told my husband to really have a think about it as well. I think he is up for trying now.
And I think I am to but I cant be sure.
I've had 2 chemical pregnancies and a 10+4 weeks Misscarige in the past so obviously with age the risk greatly increases so that's another reason I'm thinking of just trying now.

I'm so blessed to have the children I do have but I really want to experience pregnancy one more time b4 it's to late.

If it was me I would go for it, but in saying that my judgement might be clouded because I fell first try with my 19mo son, I am only 28 and now around cycle 7 I think with TTC #2.

I am wishing I started trying earlier now rather than waiting for the age gap I wanted. :dohh:

So like I say my opinion is a bit biased haha :haha:

I'm 30 & still trying. It hasn't happened for us by not preventing so I feel like we are going to have to work really hard at it as well. There will always be a reason not to... I would go for it.

Hi ladies
I'm so sorry I wrote this post and never checked on it.
Thank you all so much for replying its really given me food for thought.
I'm on cycle day 7 now and still not sure what to do but thinking we shud just go for it because it mite not happen right away it mite take a while or it mite not happen at all.
My firtile window starts on day 9 so only 2 days away eeeeek. I'm gonna start the OPKs on day tommorow.
I've ordered some clear blue early detection tests and i have some first response as well as some ICs so I'm thinking of just going for it.
Thank you so much for all ure replies.
Keeping my fingers all crossed for you guys to [-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<

Hi, if I were you I'd try now - never put off till tomorrow what you can do today...
For myself I didn't have my Ds till I I was 41. I was supper keen to have a 2nd but decided to give it a wee while. By the time I started trying (using AI) it was incredibly unlikely to happen because of my age. Unfortunately I didn't have success and can only assume my age was the big factor.

I think the sinking feeling at the BFN’s is a massive indicator at what your heart AND head wants! Just go for it, what does a few months difference make in the grand scheme of things really!? Good luck!

Good luck <3

Thank you hon

Hi, if I were you I'd try now - never put off till tomorrow what you can do today...
For myself I didn't have my Ds till I I was 41. I was supper keen to have a 2nd but decided to give it a wee while. By the time I started trying (using AI) it was incredibly unlikely to happen because of my age. Unfortunately I didn't have success and can only assume my age was the big factor.

That's so true hon. Thank you. We are going to start trying. Thank you so much. Ure comment has definitely given me that push.

I think the sinking feeling at the BFN’s is a massive indicator at what your heart AND head wants! Just go for it, what does a few months difference make in the grand scheme of things really!? Good luck!
. Yeah I think ure right a few months wont make much difference I'm so glad I started this post now. All you ladies have helped me so much.

Go for it hun :) Let's do this before we run out of time! (although I am older than you and probably in more of a rush lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->