Debt Payers and Savers Support group

Thank you! Noce knowing im not the only one even though i obviously dont want anyone else to be skint.
if were really stuck il dip into the £80 iv saved but I hope I dont.
were bad for thinking we have more money than we do, im going to go buy cheese and ingrediants for meals (dont need much) and then il give myself £10pw for milk, bread, sandwich fillers. I no it csn be done its just doing it.

Yeah it is hard :) we also fall into the trap of thinking we have more than we do! Having so many direct debits is a pain in the bum... and sometimes they change so I wake up and check the bank and I am missing 300 quid (for example) I begrudge it but at least it didn't bounce hahaha

Keep going everyone we can all do it!!

I am dreading next month purely because we don't know
how much hubby will get paid, but if he goea back to work too
soon he will only end up being off again and for longer, bless him only
32 and has had arthritis in his knees and hips since he was 18 and
still works full time for us.

Fingers crossed it is enough for us to pay all the bills.
I have made sure the freezer and cupboards are well
stocked so we can save on food. xx

Wow you're doing so well. I'm tantalisingly close to £100. I needed a pick me up as I'm not feeling great job hunting etc not going well and so I added up all my loose change in the bank accounts and my Paypal - I'm up to £88! I have my sealed pot (which is a pig on my shelf) and that's nearly full and I know I've got at least £7 in there! So exciting! Can't believe I've got that magic £50 potentially this month! I may need to use it if we run out of money but that's why I've saved it so I'm happy enough. Will just keep on trucking.

Got an interview on Thursday. Will see how I get on.

Well done!!

I still have the £80 saved but we have £0 left. We were going to a friends for takeaway tonught and I had to tell her we could come but couldnt eat, always embarrasing.
petrol light is on but iv 4 days until payday, I dont need to buy anything and I refuse to cave!

Sainsburys have 25% off clothes at the minute and theres so much lovely girl baby clothes but we have a yellow bump so seems sillyof me to buy when I dont even know
This payday we dont pay council tax so I was saving that for the baby but then realised my road tax is due grrr

I am doing surveys on valued opinions and have got £15 since 10th of jan (I forgot about it for the majority of feb aswell) you get vouchers for amazon, topshop, sainsburys and a few others. My plan Is to cash out every time I get a tenner and save this for xmas. That will pay for one childs pressies if I can get roughly £10pm

I sold a beatles fancy dress outfit on ebay for £13 and postage was £3.70 so made a little bit there, not going to cash any of the ebay money out and over the year hopefully that can pay for the other childs xmas.

We have lots of things to pay for this year. So many weddings, hen partys (majority I wont be goig to) and I have a heap of birthdays, so anything I can save is an absolute bonus

I also went to a baby sale, its for lightly used baby goods. I couldnt believe the price they were charging! £30 for a 2nd hand swing, £50 for a jumperoo!!
There was a few stalls just there to get rid of things though and not caring about a big profit.
I got lucas 2 tommy hilfiger tops, one said it was £42 on it!! Got them both for £7
Got a pillow thing for babys that roll for £3 (in the hopes lucas would sleep better)
A few books
3 sleeping bags for £6
2 breastfeeding tops for £5
Steriliser for £3 (as a back up)
Tummy tub £3
Singing bath book £2.50
Think that might have been it, If id known the sex of the baby I could have bought alotttt of girls clithes but thought id refrain

Another £5 in the pot - sold Edward's old swim seat that Charlie is already too big for for £5 to a friend who'd got a teeny tiny little 10mo! lol

So so close! :haha:

Every little helps! :happydance:

That reminds me I have one of those somewhere I could sell. :)

I emptied my sealed pot today - got £12 in 'change' that I need to pay in, and £8 in £1 coins! I donated a few odds to Earl, but the rest has been put safely in a tin on top of the kitchen cupboards all counted up and bagged.(£4 went towards Earl's gymnastics fees as I was a little short though :blush:). Not bad for 2 months work! :happydance:

Well done! I need to start putting my change away in a tin.
Iv made £16.50 on surveys this year, have cashed out £10 boots voucher which il tuck away for xmas.
I also joined a mystery shopping website, today I got a visit for £22 as it was urgent, ! All my boyfriend had to do was try on a suit and ask the guys opinion on length then I asked for the mans business card (did not want to do this) I cant believe I got £22 so chuffed!!

Add me add me :p

I have literally today opened a savings account. I am working on debts but don't have much extra cash to get them paid off, I don't see that happening for a long time. OH has saved a bit of a buffer for us as he starts a new job and we will need the money to cover the wageless month between jobs.

I am wanting to save up to take the girlies to Disneyland Paris, so my target is 2016/17. Long way away I know but I have to start now as I am literally on scrap change! I will work out an exact figure and get back to you!

So far I have popped a few baby things on ebay Sophie no longer needs.

Add me add me :p

I have literally today opened a savings account. I am working on debts but don't have much extra cash to get them paid off, I don't see that happening for a long time. OH has saved a bit of a buffer for us as he starts a new job and we will need the money to cover the wageless month between jobs.

I am wanting to save up to take the girlies to Disneyland Paris, so my target is 2016/17. Long way away I know but I have to start now as I am literally on scrap change! I will work out an exact figure and get back to you!

So far I have popped a few baby things on ebay Sophie no longer needs.

Hiya!! :wave:

How are you hun? Hope you're all well.

I was pricing up Disneyland Paris so that I could add it to my targets list for the next few years - 2 nights including everything (ferry, hotel, half board, park tickets) bar lunches was £836 for our family of 5. Didn't think it was too bad really - thought it would be more.

I'm ebaying, fbing and generally saving small bits as I go along as that's all I have and in 2 months I've accumulated £80 (would have had over £100 by now but treated us to a chinese :blush:) Got a lot more to put on this afternoon. My monthly 'target' is £30 but I've gone over that both months. I've already got £8 this month but wont add it til I've actually got it - got some cashback on my shopping through the bank....free money! :happydance:

Hey ladies you are all doing so well!

We have a super tight couple of months ahead of us..
hubby is still off work but he has a meeting with work
next week to see if he can do any other jobs that won't
cause him any more pain.

fingers crossed xx

Hey ladies you are all doing so well!

We have a super tight couple of months ahead of us..
hubby is still off work but he has a meeting with work
next week to see if he can do any other jobs that won't
cause him any more pain.

fingers crossed xx

Fingers crossed they can find him some desk work or something low impact to do. :hugs:

Have got some more mystery shopper jobs. There isnt exactly a payment as such but I get £13 towards a dominoes (costs £13.99) a pub lunch at a local restaurant of £18.75 and a dinner for two at a chain restaurant I get £35 (need to buy 3 courses so will cost that)
So although im not exactly getting cash its nice as we never go out for meals as always skint

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->