*~Dec Stars 09 Chat Thread~*

Im grand though we had a few issues with the ELC cancelling Matthew's bedroom furniture so had to re order it all through Mothercare which cost me more (i ordered it off ELC with extra 20% off aka cheaper than Mothercare lol) :( So decided to get him the Jamestown Antique Pine 3 foot bed and the pine bed guard instead of the 2 foot 6 bed and mattress and use the mattress that's on the spare bed in his room atm (it's a cain bed so far too high for him) lol

But it's all ordered now and partially dispatched so feeling less grumpy about ELC cancelling it all :rofl: They don't deliver to the whole of N.I for furniture :(

Matthew's still got his cough and runny nose getting his jabs next week (very late but earliest appointment they had :dohh:) so going to get the doctor to "sound" his chest as I think he's wheezing slightly (worried he'll be asthmatic like I was as a toddler/child)

But other than that all's grand here and Matthew's becoming a lot more vocal with more "words" rather than the vocal babbling with his occasional words if that makes sense :rofl:

I looked through his wee book and out of the three different sort of types of development - speech-moving-fine motor skills. His fine motor skills are fantastic and speech is good for his age then moving like crawling/cruising/standing/walking is average lol Just kind of caught my eye and has a wee nosey at it :haha:

That's rubbish about your furniture SL - I hate it when companies do stuff like that.
What book is it that you're looking at to compare his abilities to? Maybe you get something different in NI that we do in England? Jake's red book with all his medical records in has pictures of milestones in the back but doesn't say when they should hit them. I'm not concerned, I'm sure he's fine, I'd just be interested to know when "they" think proper speech should start. He does say "yeah" and "that" and "da" (for dad) and "mummummum" when he's tired but that's about it. He can tell us what he wants without speaking so maybe he's just being lazy. Maybe we should ignore him more so he has to learn to talk lol (I am joking of course).

I think Jake has given me the cold that he had - thanks! A least he doesn't seem to have it any more I suppose, I can dose myself up with throat sweets and lemsip cant' I?

Hope everyone else is well x

hi everyone hope ur all well

im in really bad form my 19 year old brother moved in with me on 26th jan few days later he got a flu and died in his sleep on 31st jan , he had adidisons which he took meds for but with him boking the meds wernt working and his body couldnt cope with the flu and shut down, the guilt i feel is unbearable i keep thinking why didnt i take him to the doctors and also he died around 7pm in his room Tom checked him at 10.45pm and found him dead and i feel bad he had been laying dead for a few hours. i miss him so much we where so close even though there was 10years between us . i lost my dad in a car crash when i was 15 but i have never felt pain like this .

x

Ann Marie, Im so sorry to hear about your brother :cry::hugs::hugs: Ive Pmed you :hugs:

Sweetlullaby, I agree thats rubbish about your furinture but :happydance: on feeling happier as its been dispatched quickly, sorry Matthew still has a cough & runny nose, Emilie only had her jabs (12 months ones) last week was meant to be a few weeks back but the nurse had to resedule for whatever reason I decided not to have her 12 month ones & the MMR together so shes going to have the MMR next month, sounds like Matthew is doing great :flower:

Jaydee, Sorry you have Jakes cold :hugs::hugs:

:wave:

How is everyone?

Kitkat - Sending massive massive hugs to you and your family :cry: Im so so sorry hun, it's not your fault though.

Jaydee - it's a random booklet thing my HV gave me months ago lol Sorry you've caught Jake's cold. Speech on average I think is 4-5 words on average between 12-14 months. Matthew's has just started improving loads in the last week or so. His main words that he has said more than a once off are mum, baba(baby), whatsa? whatsis?(both while pointing at something lol) yum yum and yessssss or a shouty scream like NAAA for no :haha:

Lorna- I've a funny feeling the doc isn't gonna give Matthew his jabs next week because he still has his cough and runny nose (though it's slowly improving).Im also delaying the MMR for another month or so

I've had two dispatch emails from Mothercare now :wohoo: With something arriving tomorrow which I think is the Pine bed guard their email's are so confusing :haha:

Does anyone else's LO seem to be getting into more and more mischief if left alone for even two seconds?:haha:
Matthew today has - pulled all the clothes out of his drawers in his bedroom, grabbed every bottle of wash stuff in the bathroom around the bath and thrown them all in and this evening before bed he was sitting down the side of the armchair beside me drawing with his crayons and I glanced down because he went quiet and he'd pulled a box of chocolates out from under the cabinet and was munching away at them covered in chocolate. I nearly had a fit because I knew there was nut's in some of the chocolates but luckily he'd only attempted to eat one with a nut in it and the nut was lying on the floor thank goodness! I just couldn't believe I was sitting right beside him and in the space of about a minute (i was trying to set up to record something on the tv) he'd managed to find them and pull the lid off and start scoffing them without me noticing!I felt terrible he could have choked!!:shock:

Ann-Marie, sorry about your brother - I know that gets nowhere close to how you're feeling but....:hugs: Try not to blame yourself hon :hugs:

SL - Jake is a proper little monkey. You can leave him in a room and go somewhere else in the house but as soon as you stop hearing noise from that room you have to go and see what he's done because it's normally something! His latest thing is climbing on everything; chairs, play tables... and then standing and dancing on them, he's gonna fall soon I know it.
He also seems to have a taste for chocolates, but spits them out unless they are the right ones - Thorntons seem to be his favourite!

My cold seems to have pretty much gone now, roll on summer, I've had enough cold now.

Ann Marie, I hope your holding up ok :hugs::hugs:

How is everyone & the Lo's?

THANKS everyone still not good i think its starting to really hit home hes gone he was just such a lovely fella i cant get my head around it of all people god could have taken he deff took one of the best it breaks my heart how a 19year old can just die of a flu. i had my scan today which was very bitter sweet everything is fine baby 13weeks and im due15th sept.

hope everyone and babys are well times flying by cole is well on his feet now wee monkey gives me the strength everyday to keep going

xoxox

Glad all was well at your scan Ann-Marie.

We're doing well here. DH and I had a bug (we think it could have been food poisoning) this week, luckily Jake didn't get it but it wasn't easy trying to look after him when all we wanted to do was sleep. Think he must have known though cos he kept giving us hugs and was actually quite chilled and sat with us and watched tv, bless him.
Made up for it today, we took him to the park and ran round with him :)

Hiya!!

Mega sorry i aint been around, so side tracked with whole weightloss.

How is everyone doing?

How is all this toddlers coming on? Not so little i know i bet!! :p

Kitkat - Im every so sorry to hear that, i seen status stuff on FB, i obviously didnt want to ask. Hope your okay!!

xx

Just thought I'd give this a wee bump for us. Hopefully some of you's will see it for a catch up :rofl:

How is everyone keeping and all our crazy toddlers?

Hi hope everyone is ok. I cant belive in 5 months caleb will be 2 :`-(

How is everyone? How are the LO's?

Emilie is doing great a right little madam but I wouldn't have her any other way :haha: I cant beleive in about 5 months the Lo's will be turning 2! time is flying :wacko:

Aww see now Ive had Jack I actually think hes a lot more highly strung than his sister! He throws and smacks and I never had anything like that with Lily :(

How are all the little ones talking coming along? x

hey everyone just poping in to say hello hope all is well, XOX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"