Decaf Coffee

Yes. It's also safe to drink caffeinated coffee (in moderation, of course).

No reason not to drink it .... other than it tastes nothing like coffee. Tried several different brands and none of them have done anything for me. Annoying for me as I really have a craving for coffee.

I have one cup of regular coffee a day, which is half the caffeine recommended amount. The rest I leave for other things that have smaller amounts of caffeine. On the days I have nothing I treat myself to a secondary cup of coffee in the evening.

If you drink decaf, try to find some that is Swiss Water Processed, as the decaffeination process for normal coffee (like the kind you'd probably by in the store that says 'decaf' on it, with no mention of the processing) involves using some less than pleasant chemicals. You can find SWP decafs in more higher end shops or online. Honestly, I just drank normal coffee all through pregnancy (usually not more than a cup a day) and when possible tried to drink espresso based drinks as a shot of espresso has less caffeine than a cup of filter brewed coffee in most cases (about 30-60 mgs vs. sometimes as much as 200mg).

Im at work everyday at 7am and somedays my office is cold and I just need something hot to keep me warm...
I bought decaf starbucks house blend and wasn't sure if it was safe to drink. I am only 7 weeks..
I shall brew it and drink some...I never really finish the cup, just take a few sips. :)

I drink one cup of caffeinated coffee a day. Did with all my pregnancies so I'm guessing decaf should be okay! That's the one thing I can't give up :)

Yes it's safe and so is caffeinated coffee in moderation :)

Ooh I love my cup of coffee in the morning. Not a fan of decaf though

I always did half-caf, still has the right taste (& effect) and I had no qualms having 2 cups/day as it was pretty much equivalent to 1 cup of full strength.

I've drank real coffee 1-2 cups a day for my whole pregnancy. As long as you stay under 200 mg it's just fine.

Yes :) its also safe to have a cup of normal coffee or tea as well. No more then 2 cups a day :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->