December 2008 Mummies

well for the record, if Harley hadn't come 3 weeks early she would've been here come December

Well I was supposed to be a December mummy but Thomas came early so I'm a November mummy! As we speak Thomas is lying on my lap snoring away!

How is everyone doing with the sleepless nights? How are your LOs doing? Are you guys formula feeding or beastfeeding?

We've sort of sussed a routine with Niamh. She's on formula atm and is waking every 3 hours and it takes about 30mins to feed her and she's taking about 90mls.

We feed her half her bottle, then wind her. Then when she's very sleepy we change her to wake her up, then feed her the rest of her bottle and wind her again. This way she finishes her whole feed and we don't have her screaming when we're doing her nappy lol :)

I do the same with Leo. Hes on 4oz and he sometimes gets sleepy half way through so I change him to wake him up and thats the only time he doesnt cry when having his nappy changed. Most of the time he guzzles his bottle and moans when you stop to wind him. Hes such a piggy.

xx

we've kinda got a routine going atm buT i dont now how long it will last!!

we feed LO about 10pm he goes down about 11ish wakes at 2ish has a feed and nappy change he sleeps till about 5/6 wakes for feed/nappy then goes back down till 9ish :D

Hes been drinking 3oz lately too!!

yay december mummys! im battling with a very sicky baby atm, HV thinks she has reflux am waiting for afternoon surgery so i can take her to the docs...

I'm still trying to breastfeed. :)

Claire is proving to be a stubborn little monkey, and is refusing to take the right breast. She loves the left one, but as soon as I try to put her on the other side (even doing the "football" hold, so she's in the same position as when she's feeding from the other side) her little face scrunches up and she screeches bloody murder.

I have one incredibly sore nipple. :rofl: :(

So far she's doing well, we've had 2 really fussy days out of the 11 that she's been here, so I'm happy with that. She sleeps most of the mornings and afternoon, is awake for the evening and then gets up twice a night for feedings. So far it's averaging every two hours during the day, and every 3.5 or 4 hours at night. She's awesome.

As for me I'm still kind of sore 'down there' and TMI stools are still uncomfortable for me to pass. I was hoping that it'd be better by now but no such luck I'm afraid. Thankfully OH went out yesterday and got me some more softeners so that should be good.

I do the same as you Radwife. Change her half way through a feed cause she dozes after 2oz's. Every single time, lol. She's on 4oz, every 4-6 hours. I give her her last feed at 10:30pm every day. And she wakes up at 2:00am, and should be 8:00am. But she sometimes sleeps till 10:30am. Lol. She's not woke up once on a couple of occasions lol. She loves her sleep! I've not had any sleepless nights yet! But she's full of a cold at minute, nearly all my family are, so she's caught it. I've got Nasosal for her blocked nose but thats all I can give her as she's less then 3m old. But she's not gone off her food, and she's sleeping ok, so fingers crossed it stays like this. :)

Sounds like our December babies are doing well!

Tyff I'm still quite sore too. My Midwife recommended salt baths.

Niamh is not quite sleeping through the night. She's feeding at:

10pm
1am
4am
7am
10am

For some reason at night she isn't settling between feeds though like she does during the day so I stay up with her until 4am then OH gets up around 6am and does the morning with her. Maybe it's because it's too quiet at night? She's sleep in her moses basket during the day for a full three hours. At night she whinges and cries when she's in her basket.

rafwife my LO seems to whinge in the nights too for a while before getting back off to sleep. I found the trick is to lay him on my chest as he seems to like this - think its to do with hearing my heartbeating!! and then once he sleeping i put him in the moses basket and he fine then :D

hey mummies! how are u? just comforting a grumpy izzy at the moment - bless her x x

For some reason at night she isn't settling between feeds though like she does during the day so I stay up with her until 4am then OH gets up around 6am and does the morning with her. Maybe it's because it's too quiet at night? She's sleep in her moses basket during the day for a full three hours. At night she whinges and cries when she's in her basket.

One of the nurses at the hospital pointed out to me that it was loud and noisy in the womb, so it would make sense that that is what they are used to. She recommended to me whenever I feed Claire to have either the TV going, or for P and I to have a conversation while she's eating. It'll help stimulate her and remind her of what she's used to.

When I feed Claire at night I normally go downstairs and watch an episode of something on DVD. That way it's noisy and it's what she's used to. Not sure if that'll help at all, but I figured it was worth a mention. :)

Thanks Tyff. We tend to take her out of the room too until she settled just so one of us can sleep. She seems to hate the lights being off too.

Last night was awful, she didn't settle until 6am and every time I turned off the lights she cried. It was only when I rocked her to sleep after winding for the millionth time, with the lights on that she went to sleep.

just thought id say a quick hello to my fellow december mommys , hope you are all well and enjoying being a mommy as much as i am !!

Rafwife said:
Last night was awful, she didn't settle until 6am and every time I turned off the lights she cried. It was only when I rocked her to sleep after winding for the millionth time, with the lights on that she went to sleep.

Luckily I've only had two or three nights where Claire has been unbarable. Those were both my fault though. The first time P went to Starbucks and got me a Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate, I absoultely LOVE them but couldn't have them while I was pregnant thanks to my gestational diabetes. I had it at about 8pm or so, and Claire wouldn't settle ALL NIGHT. Omg, it was rough. Lesson learned: Hot Chocolate does not agree with my little girl's tummy!

The other time was when I had pizza and carbonated pop. Apparantly both are really hard on LO's tummies, even if it's been awhile since I ate them. The joys of breastfeeding.... lol.

Although we were able to take her out to the mall today, we were out for about 3 hours and she didn't fuss at all until we were in the car on our way home. :) Not too shabby!

Hello December mummys. I hope all you're babies are well and being good for you all. :)

My poor Lexie is still not 100% recovered from her cold yet. I took her to the doctors after 3 days of having it, and said she had abit of a chest infection. But in his words said "She's getting over it herself. She will be better tommorrow." 2 days have since been and she's still coughing, and her nose is snotty. They gave me Amoxycillin for her to take 3 times a day. It has eased her chest but her nose is still sniffly. All in all she's still brilliant, being good for mummy. She's a little star.

:)

hiya i can come over now woohoo, i only just made it as a december mummy phew.
hows everyone doing??
it got dead empty on the december board last week.

welcome claralouise :happydance:

Donna, how is lexie feeling now? :hugs:

Hiya Rafwife, She is still getting over it. I have to keep clearing her nose out with cotton buds, but she's not coughing as much. I'm just glad she didn't go off her food. I would have panicked then. Lol. I don't like her coughing, I feel dead sorry for her.

Is Niamh being good for you? :) x

Hi there Mommies!! Its still a bit surreal as a first time mum that i have a daughter!!! Really enjoying it! Although am absolutely knackered. Trying to exclusively breastfeed but have had latching problems, so now combining nipples (if she manages to latch), nipple shields and bottle. Sterilising etc is such a PAIN!! but at least she gets fed.

Going to parent and baby cinema tomorrow! Quite excited... wonder what it will be like! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->