December 2008 Mummies

hi december mummies, sorry i not officially a december mummy but your all my friends who i have been sharing my problems with, i hope you are all well, I love being a mummy its the best feeling in the world, Annabelle suffered with colic from xmas day i researched it a bit and found out about some drops called colief thay are £10.00 a little bottle but have worked excellently and she is doing really well now, she now loves having a bath and has even had a shower with mummy which she really loved and kept putting her head under the running water, i was a paranoid wreck lol.

how is everyone else finding it, anyone got into a routine with bedtime and night feeds etc we are trying but everytime we try and put something in place her whole day routine goes out of sync so it never works lol

Lou
xxx

Hello all. I've not been on over Christmas with DH at home but cameon this evening to vent about my whingey boy who only ever wants me for feeds. Here are iyr stats though!

We're BF and generally it's going well though had sore nips for a couple of days. Expressed some yesterday nd fed from a bottle for the first time to give the sorest nipple a rest. He feeds LOADS and is climbing up the percentiles putting on about a lb every 10 days! He has colic every few days despite infacol but it's ok. I don't mind him crying from it while I comfort him.

We're trying to do a routine but it's quite loose as things like DH's work aren't so regular. We do a bath between 8pm and 10pm depending on how the day has been. Into bedtime clothes and a feed then cuddling to bed. He was going down ok but then got clingy because of us holding him for colic. The problem is that we love cuddling and snoozing with him! The past couple of nights we've co-slept for the first part of the night until he falls asleep instead of one of us having to hold him til he drops off. It's pretty cute but he bashes me in the face with his active hands! lol In the morning he gets a change and fresh clothes then a feed and stays awake a short time before dropping back off to sleep. He still sleeps a lot and hates waking up, he clucks like a baby goose and stretches for ages before he finally wakes up! Sometimes he wakes and is just quiet looking around for ages rather than crying, that's pretty good.

He was very un-whingey for 4 weeks but has begun to get more whingey every day! He smiled the first time at 5 weeks exactly but has been to miserable since to smile again. Today DH got him to hold a little rattle (put it in his hand of course) but he held on to it for ages and shook it about, interested in the bell sound. He has good head control too, can hold it up for quite a long time now.

So that's where we are at 5 weeks and 2 days! How are you all getting on?

So far Claire has been pretty good.

I've been BF, and have the sore nipples as well. Ouch! Been pumping, not getting alot from it mind you but hopefully enough soon so OH can give her a bottle to help out my poor nipples. They feel like they are on fire!

She's only really had 2 or 3 fussy days, but I contribute that to my diet rather than her disposition. I hope she stays like this. She's an absoulute doll and I love her SO much! I'm tired though, she feeds every two hours during the day, and then every 3 or 4 hours if I'm lucky at night.

We've got a doctor's appt tomorrow, can't wait to see how much she's grown!

Hello fellow Dec Mummies :happydance:

Seems really strange comming in here and not 3rd tri! :rofl: didnt think I was ever gonna pop!

Our lil man Oliver is doing really well, he will be a week old tomorrow and I had him weighed yesterday and he's put on 4oz :happydance:
He's ex breastfed and loving it, esp now my milk has come in! got one sore nip to sort out but other than that Im in dairy cow mode :rofl:

Only had one rough night so far due to wind issues! he really is a tricky one to get to let go of it! but when he does he sounds like his dad! :rofl:

The last 2 days he's been going around 2-3 hours between feeds which is great, but god after an hour Im ready for him to feed (boobs are huge!!!! and full of milk)

Had to do the Nursery run today for the first time since he arrived, not too bad we were only 10 mins late! and that was with Mil's help :rofl: Got to do it on my own on Friday :dohh: Eeeekk Its like a military operation just to get us all ready and out the door! Didnt help that it snowed over night and Noah insisted on walking.

Glad to see you are all loving being Mummy's :happydance:
3rd time round and I still cant believe I made such a gorgeous lil man :cloud9:

Was wondering where our thread went... :rofl:

Guess we're all more busy with our LOs than to post every other min here on BnB!

Sounds like everyones LO's are doing well!!

I can believe Brooke will be a month old on Saturday, its gone so so fast!!

She's doing really well bless her, we have our rough moments but she's sleeping a lot better and is so alert when she's awake its lovely!! Shes a real daddys girl though :cloud9:

Had to search high and low for this thread!!!!

Firstly congratulations to all our December Mummies and the cheeky few that popped a bit earlier or later!!!

It's great to be back on here chatting, i never thought i would miss a internet forum!! How wrong was I!! I haven't posted since having my LO four weks ago, things got a bit to much for me but i am feeling much better now.

Have posted my birth story but be warned it is long!!!!

The thread seems really quiet I guess we're all to busy with out little ones!! Gutted as i really wanted some good ideas on what to cook for dinner!!!! Gone are those days.... how many of us are living of toast!!!

Would be great to hear of you all
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

rafwife my LO seems to whinge in the nights too for a while before getting back off to sleep. I found the trick is to lay him on my chest as he seems to like this - think its to do with hearing my heartbeating!! and then once he sleeping i put him in the moses basket and he fine then :D

Hi Dec mummies!!!!! I am here too, good to see us all with babies at last!!
I cant remember how to update my profile, but pics of May Elizabeth and a new ticker are on their way (damn nappy brain)

Anyhow, I am gonna follow your advice here nessa, May is really unsetteld at night after her last feed until her next but then sleeps for England between about 2am and 8am.

Another Q....I switched May from breast to bottle just in the last couple of days and I am disturbed by how much she sleeps between feeds now (sounds stupid I know!!)....she only ever went 3 hours before but this morning slept for 6 without a single whimper....I fed her and she was straight back to sleep!! She takes about 3 1/2 ounces and is about 7lbs....does this sound normal?

rafwife my LO seems to whinge in the nights too for a while before getting back off to sleep. I found the trick is to lay him on my chest as he seems to like this - think its to do with hearing my heartbeating!! and then once he sleeping i put him in the moses basket and he fine then :D

Hi Dec mummies!!!!! I am here too, good to see us all with babies at last!!
I cant remember how to update my profile, but pics of May Elizabeth and a new ticker are on their way (damn nappy brain)

Anyhow, I am gonna follow your advice here nessa, May is really unsetteld at night after her last feed until her next but then sleeps for England between about 2am and 8am.

Another Q....I switched May from breast to bottle just in the last couple of days and I am disturbed by how much she sleeps between feeds now (sounds stupid I know!!)....she only ever went 3 hours before but this morning slept for 6 without a single whimper....I fed her and she was straight back to sleep!! She takes about 3 1/2 ounces and is about 7lbs....does this sound normal?

Hey honey!
I also find my DD sleeps for England in the morning! (Why don't they do this in the night!!!) :dohh:
Lexie is now 9ib 4oz and she is taking 4-4 1/2oz every 3-4 hours. So it sounds like May is doing well.

xxx

Hi all,
Im still here just as often as i can get on !

Logan seems to be doing well and we are waiting for the health visitor to arrive today so we can get him weighed so ill be on later to update.

he has been really snuffly for the last week so hes having saline drops which he isnt keen on !!

Logan had problems sucking when he was born so i started expressing my milk as he found it easier to drink from a bottle i still keep latching him on but in the last day or so i dont seem to have as much milk and im so worried its drying up so much that i went to tescos last night to get a couple of formula incase i didnt have enough to get him through !

hey i've only just seen this thread

I'm a December mummy :D. Aidan is doing really well and growing very quickly. It's shocking how fast they grow :D
xx

hey i've only just seen this thread

I'm a December mummy :D. Aidan is doing really well and growing very quickly. It's shocking how fast they grow :D
xx

Hi hun, just catching up with your thread from the other day so glad Aiden is doing so well xx

I'm so jealous of your girls who have LOs who sleep well. I had three hours last night! I feel ok though. Niamh is sleeping now, so I should be sleeping but I have too much to do today. I'll have an early night tonight I think.

I find Niamh is better with co-sleeping actually. She went three hours last night before waking me up, when usually it's 1-2 hours.

:hug: to you rafwife !

Logan is doing about 3 hours throught the night so i feel for you x

It's starting to feel like the old days!!!!
So glad to hear everyone is doing well.
We seem to have more good nights than bad so i really can't complain. When i say good i mean i get a block of 3 hours sleep before i'm up again.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

:hugs: Rafwife, i know the feeling!! Last night was pants Brooke had me up 3/4 times between midnight and 7am :( She does so well for a few nights and then has a cranky one!!

Daddys back to work tomorrow so it'll be just me and Brooke .... eeeek!!

This time 4 weeks ago i was in a hospital bed in lots of pain waiting for my princess to get her butt out :rofl:

hi december mummies, hope your all well, it does seem like none of us have much time to get on the thread and update but im sure once our LO all get into a routine we will be back on here as much as ever.

Annabelle is doing really well excpet we had a bad night last night!!!!:(
this was the 2nd bad night that we had since Annabelle was born so i cant complain.

im trying to get myself into a routine with washing, sterilizing, showering, i never knew trying to get time for a shower would be so tough LOL

is it what everyone expected?
are your partners being supportive?
how is everyone feeling?

Lou
xxx

Lollylou1 it took me untill 1.00pm yesterday before i realised i hadn't brushed my teeth!!! Good job i didn't go out all day!!!
I wasn't looking forward to DH going back to work but it really helps when he is so eager to see her when he gets home that he takes her off my hands and i'm able to do everything at a much quicker pace!!!
It really is a team effort and i'm so lucky to have such a wonderful husband!!!
xxx

Hey everyone, I know Alfie was born in Jan, but I still consider myself a December mummy!!!!

Things are a bit rubbish here, I'm still anaemic, have a throat infection and now both me and OH have shingles! My body is just battered from the 24hr labour and the emergency section.

Poor little Alfie has a stinking cold he is full of green gunk and he now has a nasty eye infection, which he has drops for.

I just want him and us to be well so we can enjoy spending time together!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->