December 2014 Due Dates - Join me :)

Randa, thinking about you today! Can't wait to see some baby goodness :)
(also hoping that some of this oxycodone overload these past days will help move things along!!!

In case anyone is interested. Birth story!

So I had my doctor appt at 5 only to be told that I was still a finger tip (which come to find out is less than a cm) and that I still wasn't really effaced at all and that baby was still high up and not engaged. Same thing I'd been told for 4 weeks straight. So we stopped on our way home and got some food and I sat on the couch and ate happily cause I was hungry, but also miserably cause here I was ready and wanting to pop

The contractions had been coming basically whenever they wanted for a few days and earlier that day, but somewhere in between my appt and dinner the contractions decided to regulate. Even so I thought for sure they would stop as they had been for a few days and it was nothing strong. About 10 I went to bed and by 11 I was telling hubby that we might be going in.

The contractions were regular and getting stronger, starting to hurt actually and were 4-6 mins apart. I called our friend who would watch our son and told her we would be dropping him off. Even so I thought to myself that wasn't it, there was just no way it could be. So I decided to get in the shower and see if I could get them to slow. Just in case I shaved and all that. Good thing too obviously. I called the on call after I got out of the shower and told them what was happening. They told me sounds like a good story in the making and to come on in. So got dressed and packed everything up, dropped Virtue off and made our way. I don't think anyone expected this cause both my mom and hubbs mom sounded shocked when we called to say we were going in.

When we got to the hospital they hooked me up and checked me. I was then 1 plus dilated and more effaced, so there had been progress. Still they wanted to make sure I was in active labor so didn't admit me yet, but continued to monitor me. In order to be active I had to be dilating 1cm an hour. So she said she would be back in and hour or so to check me. An hour and a half later the contractions were so bad and I hit the button...no one came. I sent hubbs out to get someone...no one came. He said they told him the nurse was in with another patient, because apparently the hospital only had one nurse. So I hit my button again and this time was in the midst of a horrible contraction and was yelling and I heard the guy say over the intercom "you have someone yelling down there". That did it! And three people came rushing in. One was a triage doctor and he checked me and told me I was 6cm and 60% and to get me a room. I told them then I wanted the epidural. They were rushing to get me setup I guess and I started to get worried that I was gonna have to deliver naturally cause it was going too fast. I told her I could not have that baby without meds. She assured me there was time as I was at a 6 and not 10, but I really didn't believe that.

So I got moved to l&d and still had to wait a bit for the epi as she was in with another patient. The contractions were terrible and there was so much pressure I thought the baby was coming. The doctor came to check to make sure and baby was not coming, but I had moved to a 7. So of course I was getting more nervous about that natural delivery. Finally the epi came!

So after my epi, the doctor broke water and my contractions slowed from every 2 mins to every 5 mins and I stayed at a 7 for a bit. The doctor wanted to give me pitocin to help get it sped back up but I didn't want to and said I wanted to wait. I decided to take that time and rest before I had to push. That worked out perfectly as I dozed in and out for a couple of hours starting at 7am. The doctor came in about 9 to check me and I was fully dilated and ready to push.

I topped up on the epi as it was wearing off then about 30 mins later said I was ready to push as I could feel baby trying to crown. About 15 mins later everyone came in, got me into position and about three pushes later my little girl was here! I only needed one small stitch and the after birth delivered quickly and easily.

I passed more blood than they wanted, so I had to stay in l&d for longer than expected to prevent hemorrhaging, but they got the blood to slow and got the clots out and all was fine.

I love birth stories! Thank you for sharing!
Welcome to the world little one!

Ebony, when I get a little more time, I can't wait to read your birth story!

I hope to post my own soon, but until then, I just copied my Facebook status :haha:

"It has been an exhilarating, exhausting, love-filled 2 days, and now that the morphine has finally wore off, I'm so happy to share our chubby bunny with the world! Wylie James MacDougall, born at 1:55pm on December 3rd. Clocking in at a whopping 9lbs 3oz and 22.4 inches. Life is good!"

Nina and Tex, how are things coming along? Looking forward to your updates :hugs:

Attachments

• IMG_6478.jpg
    IMG_6478.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20141203_140536443.jpg
    IMG_20141203_140536443.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 3
  • wylie.jpg
    wylie.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 2
Congrats Randa!! Love the pics youve shared :D

Fulton Gary was born last night, 9 lbs 21.25 inches via CSECTION after 10 hrs of pitocin. Wouldn't go further than 5cm.

All worth it! He is amazing and hubby is an awesome dad :happydance:

image.jpg

Congratas TexAnn!
Congrats No doubt! Thanks for sharing your birth story!

Randa, I'll be 37 weeks next Monday and I'll qualify to birth in the birthing center! I hope and pray the baby stays down and we both stay healthy.
I think my belly has dropped a bit, cos when I sit I feel it on my laps and my boops doesn't hang on my belly any more.
Anybody else is pregnant?

Hi ladies! Just thought I'd pop in and see how everyone and their peanuts are doing.

Doing well! Got a whole rhythm and routine going... Im completely attached to my lil dude

How are you doing with your kiddos??

Doing good! My son had a fever tonight, but he finally konked out. One day at a time.

Hi ladies. Not sure if anyone still reads here, but checking to see how we are all getting along.

:wave:
I'm still here buy only just read, hardly have any time to reply let alone update on my status LOL!
I'd love to get back at it, I have a whole bunch of questions and stuff!
Hope everything's well, please share a picture of your little ones!
Here I am showing off my Abigail :winkwink:

_MG_6084.jpg

_MG_6603.jpg

Hey there, no doubt and nina!

Can u believe it has been a year since we all met??

Nina, your daughter has a great head of hair and is cute to boot!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 3
Thanks TexAnn! Yours is adorable! That bunny is huge next to him!
Are you going to betaking a monthly picture next to it to see how the bunny "shrinks"? That would be awesome!
I was just thinking about how this time last year I was a mess and crying over how nauseous I was every evening!

Beautiful babies gals. Here's my little peanuts. If you have a bunch of questions I'm in a FB group. It's private. It's ladies from the snowflake thread on here. We just thought FB was easier. Let me know if you'd like an add. We all had our babies around the same time.

Nodoubt, they are so cute!!!
I'd love to be added! PM'ing you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"