December Babies 2013 :)

I'm getting on great, it's been a lot easier then I expected, I've only had 1 sleepless night *touch wood* and the last 4 nights he's had the same routine at night being feed around midnight feeds then goes back down all within half an hour then wakes around 3 again feeds and goes straight back to sleep within half an hour then wakes at half 6 *again touch wood* hope he sticks to that routine as it's working really well for me, he's a really easy laid back baby though I feel I've really hit lucky with him as my daughter was every mums worst nightmare as a newborn lol

How's everyone getting on? Anyone else feel their babies are just growing to fast? My little boy is starting to get to big for his 0-3months now because of his super long legs lol he's going to be over 6ft I reckon just like his dad xx

My chunky 13 lb 4oz boy has been put on a diet by the pediatrician. He has been really fussy lately and the pediatrician said it was because he is eating too much and he's uncomfortable. We also had our first real social smile at momma today!

Darcie got weighed last week and she was 8lb 14! And she's outgrown her tiny baby clothes and is in newborn. I'm soooo happy. She's still got her cold though but she's slowly getting better xx:hugs:

Can't believe she's 7 weeks old tomorrow xx:hugs:

Lily is doing fab! I had her weighed about a week ago and she was 8lb 6.5oz, still in some tiny baby clothes but mainly in newborn/up to 1 month!

So jealous of you all who's babies are still tiny my baby doesn't even look newborn anymore :( I haven't had him weighed recently but he was. 9lb 5 oz at 3 weeks. Were currently going through the first wonder week and I'm tearing my hair out! He just won't sleep, he was starting to do 6 hour stretches at night then all of a sudden he's going to sleep at 9ish and is awake for the day come 2am! Can't wait for this faze to be over and hopefully get my amazing sleeper back!

Is anyone still out there?

Disappointed that this thread has not kept flourishing, it started so well! I have not been on here much lately, I have found it hard to read about babies sleeping through the night...

Don't get me wrong, things are a MILLION times easier this time than with my first but Luke still feeds at least every 3 hours and often in between.

He is a quiet little guy, I hardly hear him cry at all and he is now smiling and receiving a gummy grin from him is proper amazing! Luke still sleeps most of the day, often not really awake until 4pm! We then have wakeful until about 8pm then sleep for an hour then mammoth feed at 9pm then night feeds at about midnight, 2am and 4am before up at half 6 as this is when my eldest gets up. I don't feel too bad but it is starting to get to me a bit...I feel bad as he is so easy really, but I am looking forward to the day I can leave him for a few hours with hubby at least to get out on my own. Still. I know that day will come soon enough, just gotta keep going!

How is everyone else doing?

Ruby my routine is pretty similar to yours! He was going three hours at night but the last few nights it's been more like 2. He's putting on a ton of weight!

We don't have a routine at all. Darcie will have a feed around 10pm. Then we go to bed at 11:00 she thinks it's time to feed again. Then she can be awake anytime from 3:00-5:00ish.
But ......... Last night I fed her at 11:00 and she didn't wake until OH alarm went off at 5:30! Then I fed her again when she woke up at 10:00.
I'm trying to not get too excited I think it was a one off.
I don't know how people get babies that sleep through the night.
Xx:hugs:

I want to say 'glad it is not just me' .. But Im not really! lol, it is reassuring but I certainly don't wish sleep interruption in anyone!!!

Aww ruby your deffinatly not the only one! My boy was the perfect sleeper up until around 4 weeks and it's all gone down hill from there! He wants fed roughly every 2 hours sometimes he'll want fed after only 1.5hrs! He has also decided he likes awake time some nights between 3am-6am! I'm very lucky in that I have a lot of help from oh's family his dad doesn't work so takes ciara a couple times a week and I just catch up on sleep then. It's all gotten to much for me recently and doc has put me on anti depressants, something I wanted to avoid this time round :( hopefully all our babies will start sleeping at night soon.

I posted other day re Darcie sleeping for a long time, it deffo was a one off. The last 2 nights I've only had 3 hrs sleep! She too wants to play, I try and be hard and say no, but she gives me the biggest smile and I can't say no. Little bugger xx:hugs:

How is everyone? Im not really on here much. But just wanna update. My LO is 2months now and 15 pounds. I really hav no complaints, he sleeps through the night for 7 hrs, hes happy, healthy nd growing. Im preparing to go back to work so im pumping up a stash. Everythings great so far. Just wish time would slow down :(

Aww ruby your deffinatly not the only one! My boy was the perfect sleeper up until around 4 weeks and it's all gone down hill from there! He wants fed roughly every 2 hours sometimes he'll want fed after only 1.5hrs! He has also decided he likes awake time some nights between 3am-6am! I'm very lucky in that I have a lot of help from oh's family his dad doesn't work so takes ciara a couple times a week and I just catch up on sleep then. It's all gotten to much for me recently and doc has put me on anti depressants, something I wanted to avoid this time round :( hopefully all our babies will start sleeping at night soon.

Sorry to hear about the pnd Louise, I know how much you were worried about that, just take heart that they will kick in and you will feel better. Although I am tired and Luke is feeding so frequently I am ok and managing both boys much better than I expected I would. I just keep reminding myself that the first three months don't count!! By which I mean that everything got easier last time after twelve weeks... Just like I was told it would. I am just taking things one day at a time!

Nice to read responses on here.. :)

I think you mummies to more than one baby deserve a huge pat on the back. I've got one baby and everything seems to take forever, I couldn't imagine what it'd be like with 2 or more babies.
Xx:hugs:

I've took Darcie to be weighed today and she weighs 10lb 14oz. I couldn't believe it. She's 10 weeks old tomorrow. I knew she had put weight on but didn't expect this much. Bless her and her podgy belly xx:hugs:

Anyone have experience with acid reflux? My LO vomits after every feeding and im not sure whats wrong. We're gonna go to his pediatrician... just wanted to ask if anyone knew anything

Wow Kandidancer sounds like Darcie is doing very well :)

Sorry JayMari I don't have any experience personally with reflux. I know two mums whose babies did have it and they had to deal with a lot of vomit, they both were advised by docs and weaned early at four months but it didn't really help.. The puke just smelled worse! Both babies outgrew the reflux well before a year old. X

Turns out the reason why my boy hasn't been sleeping and been really fussy for the last 4 weeks (driving me mad thinking I had a nightmare baby) he's had really bad wind/gas problems dr browns bottles has sorted it straight out I feel like such a muppet for not trying them sooner! He's now sleeping great with only 1 wake up during the night :D

ladies i havent been on here for aaaaages!
nothing new to report here really.. travis has his second injections on thursday, he was fine after his first lot so hoping he'll be the same this time round..
hes sleeping through the night and has been since 6 weeks.. goes down any time between 10 and 11 and he will sleep til 7 or 8 so all good here, ashton is marvellous with him too :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->