December Babies 2013 :)

I hope it's not Ruby :( is there anyway you could express milk and have your oh do the night shift on one of his days off? So you can get a full nights sleep? My oh has done a couple of nights and it's kept me sane but then I'm feeding both breast and formula so I guess it's slightly more easier in my case. Hope your feeling better soon Hun and Luke starts sleeping abit longer between feeds at night for you, just keep telling yourself it does get better we know it does from our first babies xx

Thanks Louise. I have always been told not to introduce bottle until a month old so not given one yet. May try Luke in a bottle this weekend if no improvement. I am crap at expressing but am happy for Luke to have formula. I worry about my milk supply though if giving too many bottles.

Nipple confusion doesn't always happen and depends on baby. I didn't get an option with my daughter as I couldn't hold her for a few days when she was in NICU and then they had her on a high cal diet so she was bottle fed fortified BM that I pumped for her. She gets a bottle or two a day and is BFed the rest of the time. She also has two different types of pacifiers and I constantly switch these all out. Of course, she likes to BF the most and would comfort feed instead of use pacifier but with her I think what made a difference is that she kept getting different things at different times so she just accepted variety as her norm.

I bf and give my baby 1 bottle of formula a day. Since I have done this she has slept a bit better for last two night I've fed her 11pm, then she woke at 3:45 then again at 6:00. Then we get out of bed around 8-8:30 and she has a feed around then. Before it was almost every 1-2 hrs. And I was shattered all the time. Xx:hugs:

Thanks girls. Think will try a bottle this weekend when DH can give it.

Yeah, I second that the bottle allows a longer sleep period. I'm considering switching my bottle time to a night bottle for that reason but I pump in the morning due to having a higher supply so I have enough for her to have a 3oz bottle and still put a couple 2 - 3 oz in the fridge towards my freezer supply. I plan to make food with BM later on so I really want to build it up. I like to feed her fresh BM when given a bottle because it's got the most nutrients. I've been using it so OH can feed her for one feed so I can get a decent nap! She's got such bad gas that I'm only getting an hour or 2 at a time but if timed right, I can feed her, pump, and then sleep for a good 3 - 4 hours and still have an hour or so after getting up before she needs to feed again.

I know I am really late but can I join you ladies my name is kirstie and I had my little boy phoenix levi on december 18th 7lbs 4o and we are so in love! I already have a 2yr old ds who is smitten by his little brother and has been amazing! I have a great planned home birth which went incredibly smooth. We are exclusively breastfeedkng and it is going great (way better than my first) but I ended up bf hunter for 17months and will do the same again this time. I dont live anywhere near any family so it would be great to have some ladies with bubs the same age to talk to.

evening ladies :) how are we all.. i havent been on here for a while so thought id find out how everyones getting on?x

My right boob is killing me. I am sleep deprived. Other than that all is well here! X

Sleeping for a few hours during the day and up all night because she won't stay asleep for any length of time. It's frustrating as it means I don't get much time with my 4year old. Been trying to make it up to him by sitting down to dinner with him and giving him his bath in the evening instead of OH doing it. Considering investing in one of those co-sleeper bassinets that go in the bed. We have a king size bed so space isn't an issue and I'd have to sleep in the middle as OH is a heavy sleeper and rolls over on me without waking up. Anyone ever used one of those and is it worth the money? Have any other suggestions? Maybe a mesh toddler rail for that side?

Sleeping for a few hours during the day and up all night because she won't stay asleep for any length of time. It's frustrating as it means I don't get much time with my 4year old. Been trying to make it up to him by sitting down to dinner with him and giving him his bath in the evening instead of OH doing it. Considering investing in one of those co-sleeper bassinets that go in the bed. We have a king size bed so space isn't an issue and I'd have to sleep in the middle as OH is a heavy sleeper and rolls over on me without waking up. Anyone ever used one of those and is it worth the money? Have any other suggestions? Maybe a mesh toddler rail for that side?

My friend uses one..her son is now 20 months and they love co sleeping altogether. They had to change the arrangement when baby learned to move as he could crawl out of side cot and fall off bed but they live the arrangement so much the just got rid of the bed frames and now they all sleep in mattresses on the floor.. They love it.

I don't want to co sleep but it is kind if being forced on me at times Luke will only settle on me. DH is sleeping on sofa so he gets enough rest so I have plenty of space. This morning I settled Luke on my chest with no duvet on him just a light baby blanket, we were right in the middle of the bed and managed a blissful couple of hours that way.

I forgot that a while back we were given a pair of mesh bed rails for a twin. The strap won't reach across the king but my mattress is heavy enough that the bed rail doesn't move without significant effort. It fits snug so I'm going to try bed sharing. Only problem is that my body is used to sleeping during the day!!!

Hi ladies, not been on here for a while, been having a rough time. Elliot has bad wind so isn't sleeping well (grunting and squirming all night) and then strains to fart, burp all day. Don't know what to do to help him. Past few days he has also started being sick about an hour after he feeds. Not projectile but enough to warrant a change of clothes for both of us sometimes !! Hope you are all doing well!

Hi ladies, not been on here for a while, been having a rough time. Elliot has bad wind so isn't sleeping well (grunting and squirming all night) and then strains to fart, burp all day. Don't know what to do to help him. Past few days he has also started being sick about an hour after he feeds. Not projectile but enough to warrant a change of clothes for both of us sometimes !! Hope you are all doing well!

Most babies grunt during the night. Luke does it too... Very frustrating! It is due to them not co ordinating their digestive systems.. In a few weeks they will mature a bit and it does stop I promise! Try not to worry it is normal and probably upsets you more than baby. First time round I was convinced their was something seriously wrong with my baby but this time I just want to stick a pillow over my ear! Babies are noisy sleepers!!

Stressful couple of days for me, James stopped latching so breast feeding has gone out the window! I'm currently pumping milk for him but know il end up moving onto formula 100% soon, think I introduced a bottle to soon and he's ended with nipple confusion, abit sad as I was enjoying breast feeding this time round couldn't stand it with my daughter :(

James has also realised that there is a big wide world so his 20hrs sleep a day has now dropped to about 16 luckily he chooses all his awake time during the day so still having good nights with him he's currently only waking twice between 10-6 so I'm happy and not feeling sleep deprived as of yet! I can tell my daughters feeling abit pushed out though so I really need to make more time for her.

Really looking forward to the summer can't wait to take both my babies to the park and just enjoy the sun, also James will probably (hopefully) be sleeping through the night by then so me and oh can get our nights back, really miss cuddling up on the sofa with him and watching DVDs and eating Chinese.

I'm deffinatly waiting 3 years before having a 3rd and last baby 18months is proving to be to short a gap for me.

Louise88, it actually probably isn't any easier waiting. My son is 4 and he loves his baby sister but is so mad at me. He's getting better now but he was so mad at me for not having time for him that he started throwing huge temper tantrums, throwing himself on the floor, saying no it everything I wanted him to do and even running in the opposite direction. He turned into a regular little nightmare. It might be different with age, but not easier so have that baby when you are ready, I don't think waiting an extra year is going to change as much as you think.

I'm having the exact same problems. I'm winding Cole for at least half an hour after feeds and he struggles to get the wind out and is regularly sick afterwards. It's so hard watching him wriggle and not being able to help. Then he won't sleep, and my OH is back at work so I'm doing pretty much everything on my own, exhausted doesn't even begin to cover how I'm feeling :sleep:

I'm having the exact same problems. I'm winding Cole for at least half an hour after feeds and he struggles to get the wind out and is regularly sick afterwards. It's so hard watching him wriggle and not being able to help. Then he won't sleep, and my OH is back at work so I'm doing pretty much everything on my own, exhausted doesn't even begin to cover how I'm feeling :sleep:

Hang in there ladies... Going by my first experience and sharing it with a group of mums with babies all the same age, these problems are very common and by the time they are 3 months old most babies have grown out of them. It gets easier I promise! Sooner than you think. ;)

So this is a sad update for me to make. We got the results of Calli's microarray testing. She has what they call a chromosome deletion of the 11th chromosome. It is linked with a known bone disease called Hereditary Multiple Exostoses. 96% of the time it presents with symptoms between 2 and 12 years of age. It causes bone deformities: lumps that grow on the bone, uneven bone lengths, hip dysplasia, bowing of the arm and leg bones, and in rare cases a rare form of bone cancer called Chondrosarcoma. OH and I are going to be getting our own microarray testing done to see if we carry the gene. If one of us carries it there is a chance that it is a mild form and she may live a completely normal life with very little effect from this but if it turns out to be a new mutation, there is no knowing the severity of it.

People keep trying to tell me not to worry about it because it is so far off and unknown on how it's going to play a part in her/our life but I can't help but feel devastated by these results. She isn't even a month old and already there is a chance that she could live a painful life both physically and emotionally. Pain can be managed but with the deformity comes being physically different and even with surgery she will have scars. It also comes at the worst time of a child's life in late childhood and early adolescent stages. Kids can be cruel.

It's really hard dealing with this also because of my son. What is the statistical chance of having not one child with a genetic disorder but two children and both different conditions where there are physical deformities? I know I will be able to handle this in the long run but today is just really rough and I seem to be the only one upset by this which almost upsets me more.

Sorry for the long post, I was planning on keeping this short but the words just kept coming.

I'm so sorry nina :( I really hope it turns out to be minor so she grows up to have a normal life, I know its hard not to think of the worst case scenario but please try and remain positive :hugs:

Am sorry to read your post Nina. I can't think of anything to say to comfort you but am sending my best wishes for you and your gorgeous daughter. She is lucky to have such a strong mummy.

I'm sorry to read that nina. I really hope calli is ok and has a mild form. Stay strong x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->