December Babies 2013 :)

I hope calli only has a mild form of it, you are a very strong woman Nina, think positive and sending you :hugs: xx:hugs:

Pretty sure my wee man has reflux :( I got through it with my daughter so I'm sure il get through it again I just remember how hard it was :(

I've got my 6 week check up at the end of the month my hv said the dr will discuss contraception. I was wondering is it ok to take the pill and Breastfeed? I took microgynon (a mild form) for 16 yrs and never had any problems, I'm just curious if it affects bf. xx:hugs:

I've got my 6 week check up at the end of the month my hv said the dr will discuss contraception. I was wondering is it ok to take the pill and Breastfeed? I took microgynon (a mild form) for 16 yrs and never had any problems, I'm just curious if it affects bf. xx:hugs:

My doctor mentioned it and said that a different type of pill is used for breastfeeding mothers so be sure to mention you are bfing.

Mine gave me a prescription for the mini pill, which is just progesterone. It just changes your cervical mucus so spermys can't swim through it, it doesn't stop you ovulating though! xx the estrogen in the normal pill can dry up your milk supply x

Pretty sure my wee man has reflux :( I got through it with my daughter so I'm sure il get through it again I just remember how hard it was :(

My girl has it too! With your daughter did you put her on an AR formula at all? I've been contemplating doing it, but they're an extra $7 a can and I'm not sure if it's worth the extra expense x

Speaking of reflux.. What sort of spit up is normal for a breastfed baby? DD has brought back up what just looks like breastmilk but has had a few spit ups that have that horrible acidy smell like when DS had reflux, but she's nothing like he was, he was going through so many outfit changes a day and bringing up almost whole bottles, whereas DD normally has a very small amount unless fed formula (she gets some through the night) she can do a huge spew.. Sound normal?

My girl has it too! With your daughter did you put her on an AR formula at all? I've been contemplating doing it, but they're an extra $7 a can and I'm not sure if it's worth the extra expense x

I didn't know my daughter had reflux as I'd never heard of it until I came back to this forum when she was 6 months old, I just thought she was a hard horrible baby but when finding out about reflux I found that my daughter had most the symptoms I.e she'd projectile vomit after most her feeds, would be hard to settle and she'd cry constantly. You should take your girl to the doctors Hun and they'll prescribe gaviscon for her which should help. I'm not sure on the special milk you can buy for reflux though as I haven't tried it yet.

Well had my first proper sleepless night :( he slept 6pm-9pm which I spent doing house work and getting a bath and has been unsettled and crying between 9pm-5am! He's finally gone to sleep now but my daughter gets up at 6am so it seems pointless trying to get some sleep now! My eyes officially feel like sand paper :( luckily FIL has offered to take Ciara for the day today and my oh has a day off so Il be able to get myself to bed and leave him to look after James.

Think I jinxed it by telling everyone how good he is at sleeping at night!

Well had my first proper sleepless night :( he slept 6pm-9pm which I spent doing house work and getting a bath and has been unsettled and crying between 9pm-5am! He's finally gone to sleep now but my daughter gets up at 6am so it seems pointless trying to get some sleep now! My eyes officially feel like sand paper :( luckily FIL has offered to take Ciara for the day today and my oh has a day off so Il be able to get myself to bed and leave him to look after James.

Think I jinxed it by telling everyone how good he is at sleeping at night!

I got a good night from Lily last night, but that was after her being up from around 11pm-6.30am the last couple of nights! And DS gets up at 7am :wacko: I have felt like death the last couple of days. Hope you get to rest up well today! :hugs:

My baby sucks her bottom lip sometimes, she won't have a dummy and hasn't started sucking fingers/thumb. I'm worried she's going to get sore lips xx:hugs:

Hi all, I'm Debbie I am 33 years old and I had our daughter, Keira on December 10th. She was due on the 1st so obviously she didn't want to come out! The only trouble I'm really having is that little miss likes to stay awake all night and sleep her days away. I kept her awake almost all day yesterday but by 11pm she was wide awake still and inconsolable.. What do you ladies do in these circumstances? We are first time parents so this is all very new to us...

Edited to add ; she weighed 7 pounds 13 ounces and was 21 inches long. :)

Hi all, I'm Debbie I am 33 years old and I had our daughter, Keira on December 10th. She was due on the 1st so obviously she didn't want to come out! The only trouble I'm really having is that little miss likes to stay awake all night and sleep her days away. I kept her awake almost all day yesterday but by 11pm she was wide awake still and inconsolable.. What do you ladies do in these circumstances? We are first time parents so this is all very new to us...

Darcie is a night owl too. Other posters tell you to sit it out as after 6-8 weeks things should get easier. We have some good nights last night she slept for nearly 4 hrs straight! The night before we were bf every hour. I just take every day as it comes and keep my fingers crossed that we get at least 3 hrs sleep a night xx:hugs:

Try making it nice and noisy aswell as very bright during the day and at night make everything dark and quiet. They will learn night from day eventually it's just taking everyday as it comes, I suggest sleep as much as possible during the day just so you aren't sleep deprived and keeping her up all day is a bad idea as she'll just end up overtired and overtired babies are no fun and you just create extra stress for yourself. Hope your babies start sleeping at night soon for you's xx

Cole slept a lot during the day and not so much at night for the first few weeks, but he's finally in a routine now and sleeping from 12 - 6, then has a feed and goes back to sleep until about 10am. His naps the rest of the day are just whenever he is tired. As hard as it is, I just has to give him a dummy and he sleeps. He is formula fed if that makes a difference.

He now seems to go to sleep no problem if it's dark. Keep the lights off and noise quiet during the night and hopefully your LO will settle knowing it's night time.

I can't do total quiet as this actually keeps my LO awake. Music or white noise helps but keep lights dim, even while changing and feeding and if baby is content but not sleeping, it is okay to doze as long as baby is content. Learn about meditation. If you can successfully meditate then 20 mins of meditation can be better then the broken up sleep pattern that we all experience in these early days. If you take all the spiritual and religious notions away, basically meditation puts you into the deep sleep stage that normally takes several hours of sleeping to achieve. You will feel better rested and should still be aware of LO.

Those with toddlers how are you finding your toddlers with your baby weeks in? My daughter has obviously watched me winding James and all day today everytime I've sat him up to burp him shes come over and started patting his back lol she's still abit quiet with me at times though and seems to be growing closer to her dad :( I know it will pass though and this time next year they will probably be playing together.

Those with toddlers how are you finding your toddlers with your baby weeks in? My daughter has obviously watched me winding James and all day today everytime I've sat him up to burp him shes come over and started patting his back lol she's still abit quiet with me at times though and seems to be growing closer to her dad :( I know it will pass though and this time next year they will probably be playing together.

Jason adores Lily, he gives her kisses and cuddles, strokes her hair, helps wind her and snuggles up to her and laughs :cloud9: I found even two weeks ago he didn't want me for anything and it made me feel rejected and so crappy and unloved, but now he's already used to her being around and he's happy with me again after we got to spend some time, just me and him :)

How is everyone? I havent been on in awhile, ipad broke so im on mobile.
My LO is 5 weeks now, times going so fast. Hes such a good baby. He sleeps through the day but i make sure i get a little nap too so night duty isnt too bad. He isnt a screamer and hardly cries. I have to say things are going pretty easy SO FAR lol *Knocks on wood*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->