December Snowflakes - 2011 Babies - IT IS FINALLY OUR MONTH!

Anyone had a 16w scan at their hospital appt? My SIL did as the MW asked if she wanted one so they just sent her off to the hospital for one. My hospital do seem to be quite intervention happy. My anomaly scan is booked in at 18+6 tho so maybe I can hold em off til then.

Not sure Im going to have a 4D scan, I had been really keen on it, but bit sick of all the fuss now tbh. Would just like to be left alone for a few weeks!

im not going to be around much this week because my MIL is around this week

well my consultant appointment went well today even though he didnt start till 40 min late lol and i felt sorry for the woman with the first appointment caus the mw's got the rest of us in for BP checks etc... to listen to the baby and she had to wait for him to do that then the mw's didnt let him see her first and grabbed him into the nearest room so she hadnt been seen before me when i came out i felt so bad if id known before i would have insisted she got seen caus i was talking to her in the waiting room and she had to go right after her appointment to get to work.
anyway outcome of the appointment i get the wonderful gift of an un-nessacary GTT test and extra check up with him before he will decide on giving me a growth scan.

I met with one of the consultant's team today too. She booked me in for a GTT as well. She also said i won't ever see a midwife, only the doctors/consultants at the hospital. I'm quite disappointed. She also said that if she is the doctor at my birth she has a 'low threshold' for episiotomies and she will give me one :nope: There is NO way i am opting for an episiotomy. I hope she is not at my birth. She can't do one without my consent, can she?

I have my second scan tomorrow. Hoping all is well. Keep reading about vanishing twin syndrome, so quite worried atm.

Mine get me to see my mw as well as them. Eg at 16w I do both. You miss out on stuff which consultants don't do if you dont see a mw eg tick boxes and give you leaflets. Also you need to know who will be looking after you post birth. Its your right to refuse any appointments and medical procedures and I would check with the mw whether they will see you. Bet they do if you make a fuss. Also you can withdraw from consultant care if you want. You don't have to do anything just because they tell you its so. Just do your research

Well 16 week mw check today :) can't wait to hear the little fellas heartbeat!

How is everyone today? Well I was hoping to hold of the crutches for my SPD and siatica but I couldn't get out of bed this morning for the pain so was the only way around the playground to drop the monkeys off this morning :(

I just wanted to ask when u ladies go to listen to babys HB on doppler do u find it everytime u try?

Takes me ages, like 20 mins and always in a different place. I do get it in the end. Dh is better at finding it than me tho. My shoulder gets tired reaching

Its jsut i tried this morning and cant find it was trying for ages. I think i heard it in background for a second then went away. Gonna try again when my bladder is a bit full

Well 16 week mw check today :) can't wait to hear the little fellas heartbeat!

How is everyone today? Well I was hoping to hold of the crutches for my SPD and siatica but I couldn't get out of bed this morning for the pain so was the only way around the playground to drop the monkeys off this morning :(

:) enjoy it

Can they do anything for the spd? Physio or anything?

No nothing they can do about SPD physio give u A big band to pull stuff together but I always found it to hurt more :( codeine helps a bit but not really, just got to take it easy but it's just horrible bring on crutches already x

im going a bit nutty feeling crowded out of my own house and like my kids have been taken off me by a possesive MIL and SIL, SIL cant keep the baby safety gates shut so ds1 is all over the house creating havoc and she is really noisy too its just gratting on me alot and on DH as well

Tell them hun its ur house

Well i can stop worrying i found babys heartbeat with second attempt. I kept needing loo so i put doppler near my bladder and bam babys heartbeat

honestly me and my MIL have enough issues as it is without this making more problems i have another week of them here and my sons party to get through on Saturday so rocking the boat now would not be helpful

Good Afternoon Snowflakes, hope you are well.

Congrats to Tigger79 on your blue bump.

For anyone else who already knows the sex or is staying on team yellow, let me know and I will update the front page. I have my gender scan on the 2nd July, can't wait :)

honestly me and my MIL have enough issues as it is without this making more problems i have another week of them here and my sons party to get through on Saturday so rocking the boat now would not be helpful

Hopefully this week will go fast for u then u can get peace lol

ive managed to stay out of the way, i made muffins and a pasta free lasanga for dinner, she has been helpful watching the boys for me although we are going through quite a few more nappies than normal caus she keeps giving them drinks :dohh:

Just checking in with everyone! I wanted to say hi. I think it's been a month since I've been on. I've been swamped at work and not feeling very good. I'm happy to say that it ended a few days ago. Finally at 14 weeks! Hope all of you are doing well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->