December Snowflakes - 2011 Babies - IT IS FINALLY OUR MONTH!

afternoon ladies, MW just left heard the HB and now very happy, was having nightmares last night about there not being one, think everybody has this at one stage or another

feeling on cloud nine now.......... started to feel some wriggles as well....

my bladder is a pillow and my stomach a punch bag (cannot feel punches or kicks, but my stomach goes all crazy)

how is everybody else doing

Here is my 17 week bump

Attachments

• 17 weeks.jpg
    17 weeks.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 3
Hi everyone! I am due 23rd Dec although will probably be induced as I am diabetic!
Would love to join in!

Hi everyone! I am due 23rd Dec although will probably be induced as I am diabetic!
Would love to join in!

Hi

I'm under the diabetes team too and they're trying to scare me into induction but I'm gonna go the expensive and hassley way and make em monitor me to see if I need it. There's some debate as to whether I actually am diabetic tho so they're just leaving me to things ATM. Have some links about diabetic inductions if you're interested.

How are your bloods so far?

morning ladies and gents how are all the bumps doing this morning

Hi lynnikins! And Hi Cranberrry - I haven't really researched the implications of being induced yet - the doctor told me so matter of factly I kind of thought it's the norm! Had intended to research as time goes on so yes I would love to see some links pls.
I have been type 2 for 2.5 yrs but have now been put on insulin as bloods too high despite me being very good with eating / excercise etc. Was told this would happen before I even conceived! Have also had an awful chest infection for 3 weeks so that messes your results too. Starting to settle down now - I go back every Friday for a check up and they have been very slowly increasing my dosage until we get it right. I think we are almost there now thankfully!
Are you on any meds?

I just take metformin, but my BG was pretty much controlled before that. I only took it for PCOS the help with ovulation and I carried on as it lowers the risk of MC apparently. My hba1c pre preg was 5.7 and at 12w it was 5.2 which is classed as normal.

The guidelines for diabetic induction are based on one study of type 1 diabetics on insulin. they found the rate of stillbirth was 5 times higher I think, but still rly low. I cant find the study atm, but it wasnt ever meant to suggest that induction would even solve the problem. The RCOG guidelines say that induction at 40w for diabetics is based on common practice rather than actual evidence. PM me your email address if you like, Ive got an AIMS pdf about reasons for induction and why you might want to question it.

Also theres some info on https://www.homebirth.org.uk/gd.htm about home births.

https://www.aims.org.uk/ is good to generally know what your rights are - just because they tell you to do something, doesnt mean you have to. If youve weighed up the risks then you could give birth on a pogo stick if you wanted.

Theres some info about GD on https://www.midwifery.org.uk/index....eferences&catid=91:hidden-archives&Itemid=110 some of which apples to t2.

From what Ive read I think the issue is that the placenta ages quicker in diabetics/insulin dependant dias, so they want the baby out. But they can monitor using a kind of ultrasound and tell when it starts to fail. Its obviously more time consuming for them but so what tbh. The way I see it is it cant be a life or death situation or they would do a c section at failure. If theyre willing to do a long induction then theres enough time to do a ultrasound to check if these things are needed.

Youd have to make your own mind up ofc. Im standing my ground, they can scan me every day if they want but they aint putting me on the intervention train until they can prove i need it.

Oh and theres https://www.midwifery.org.uk/index....nduction-&catid=91:hidden-archives&Itemid=110

The ARM website is rly good, have a look through there.

So is it possible that i may be too excited. my girlfriends due date is december 27th and i just want that to be tomorrow.

lol its not possible to be too excited lol i wish my Husband was more excited sometimes lol but since this is number 3 its a bit of "same old thing" lol i doubt his intrest level will raise much till baby kicks him

my OH is the same, super excited about baby arriving, yet somewhat panicked....

Cranberry - thanks SO much - lots of food for thought and will check out the sites at the weekend. I don't know how to PM on here to give you email?

Hi Matt - it's lovely that you are so excited! My DH is the same and keeps kissing my belly - so sweet!! I am due on 23rd December. Hope it all goes well for your gf!

Hi Matt - it's lovely that you are so excited! My DH is the same and keeps kissing my belly - so sweet!! I am due on 23rd December. Hope it all goes well for your gf!

to PM someone click on their name it will take you through to their profile and you will be able to PM them there or write on their wall

i keep waiting for the kicking lol. :) we find out soon if we're having a boy or girl. im excited either way :) if its a girl though, im gunna need some weapons around the house to scare the future boyfriends :)

lol u have a while before that yet Matt lol, im hoping this ones a girl got enough smelly boys with my OH and sons around here as it is

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->