December Snowflakes - 2011 Babies - IT IS FINALLY OUR MONTH!

i got my growth scan through for 19th sept, 90% sure im not gonna go. wonder if someone else could go in my place :rofl:

you cannot not go to a scan hun....... i'm not looking forward to mine due to bad experiance with 20week scan

but as bubs is bigger should be easier, i am praying

i can refuse anything i want actually as can you and anyone else.

healthcare providers offer scans/treatment/interventions etc but you have no obligation to take anything. its quite sad that people dont know their own rights. they are presented as theres no other option tho so im not surprised. unless you look into things youd never know.

ive made an informed decision based on the facts as i see them - growth scans are inaccurate, pointless as people push out big babies all the time and struggle with small ones, and rgoc say that having a large baby is not a reason for induction. so i dont see the point in getting an estimated weight which is likely to be wrong anyway.

Yes but for us poor unluckys who only get 2 scan and can't afford private ones we wouldnt pass up the chance to see baby I know I sure wouldn't anyway as dh hasn't gotten to see baby get Cept in photos so would be nice for him to get the chance

We're going to get a 4d scan done too but I still don't want to know what we're having this time....team yellow all the way! DH is dying to find out though but tough he can wait it out for awhile longer...if I'm not finding out till bambino makes an appearance then neither is he!
Cranberry and missmayhem what are the extra scans for? I hope everything is ok and its nothing serious!!! xoxo

Ah, well I agree with you about the scans, its impossible for them to tell 100% how big your baby is, even from a scan. I was told my daughter was going to be around 9lbs...she was 7lbs 3! I think that was more than slightly off! xox

yeah they told me dd was going to be over 8lbs she was 6lbs 5oz lol i would love to see little one again though, im just being greedy though cause i had gender scan and nhs scans :haha:

Hello ladies, can I join you? I'm originally from Hull but relocated to Canada in May. :wave:

So I've had my scan and we're no longer team yellow :(
The silly lady told us, kinda. She said she thinks the baby is a girl even though it had its legs clamped shut and she couldn't see anything! So now we have to find out for sure as I don't want everyone thinking we're having a girl when There's a chance we're not!!! I'm a bit upset tbh!
I have to go back next week for another scan as baby was being very uncooperative and wouldn't let her scan most bits lol. She spent the whole time wobbling my tummy trying to get the baby to move!
It looks like this baby is bigger than dd atm!

Why does the sonographer thinking it's a girl mean you have to find out for sure? Just consider it a guess that's no more reliable than anyone else could give. Especially if baby's legs were closed there's no way to know if she's right. At my scan the sonographer told my mom "come meet your grandso...child" and then said she didn't know what we were having. Did she really know if it's a boy? Maybe, but maybe not. We have no way to be sure nor do we wish to - so we're still team :yellow:

That said, if you want to find out, by all means do - just don't use the sonographer telling you she thinks you're having a girl as an excuse if you'd rather be team :yellow:

Omg that's so annoying. Bloody st mikes. See!! :haha: sorry they told you :( I agree tbh. Now you kinda half know you gotta get it confirmed. Lucky that you're having another scan. Hope it doesn't turn out to be a saga like mine. Who did you have? I don't know anyone's names but might recognise a description.

So I've had my scan and we're no longer team yellow :(
The silly lady told us, kinda. She said she thinks the baby is a girl even though it had its legs clamped shut and she couldn't see anything! So now we have to find out for sure as I don't want everyone thinking we're having a girl when There's a chance we're not!!! I'm a bit upset tbh!
I have to go back next week for another scan as baby was being very uncooperative and wouldn't let her scan most bits lol. She spent the whole time wobbling my tummy trying to get the baby to move!
It looks like this baby is bigger than dd atm!

I can't believe they told you. Did you tell them that you didn't want to find out? She may have just been having a guess at what the sex if the legs were closed but now she has got you wondering if you are or not. How annoying, grrr. I will update the front page after you have found out for sure

I had the Chinese lady, she is actually very good I think we just had a misunderstanding?
I cant forget what she said and I cant spend the next 4 months thinking we're having a girl when we might not be iygwim?!

We got our scan pics free though :) lol.

Rich thinks i had her last time. She couldn't get the spine done then the senior got it by looking all over the place, even up near my ribs! She was trying to push my ribs in at one point ><

That's so annoying. When are you back?

I thought they charged for pics but maybe they've changed it as mine have all bee free too. The heart scan said you can have these for free like she expected us to have to pay. Maybe it's policy to pay but no one bothers?

We had to pay last time but that was over a year ago.
We back on wed at 2pm.
tbf to her the baby just flat out refused to move its hands from its face so she couldn't check it, everytime she pushed harder to try and see the baby gave a good punch and then put its hands back lol.

We had to pay last time but that was over a year ago.
We back on wed at 2pm.
tbf to her the baby just flat out refused to move its hands from its face so she couldn't check it, everytime she pushed harder to try and see the baby gave a good punch and then put its hands back lol.

Bahaha! Too funny! It's like they somehow know what part they're trying to check to make the most nuisance of themselves sometimes lol.

last scan bubs was in a shit position for measuring the spine (the only bit left to do) so we went and had the heart scan, bubs moved into a perfect spine-measuring position, heart all done, back to spine scan... baby being awkward again. he DEF knew. i should have tried to fake him out.

so sorry to hear that the sonographer has screwed things up for you hun

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->